Thankful Thursday

It’s Thankful Thursday hosted by Brian of Brian’s Home. He wants us to post what we’re thankful for.

I think it’s a good thing to do each week. Focus on the positive things in our lives.

Make sure you link up to the Blog Hop at Brian’s Home and get the code to put on your blog. Then visit all the participants.

Today I’m thankful for my central heat. It’s cold outside and it’s a comfort to be warm.

I’m thankful that hubby and I read with each other every afternoon. It’s something we look forward to. No phones or any other electronics, just the quiet of us reading our current book.

I’m thankful for another holiday season to enjoy with family and friends.

I’m thankful for all the birds that come to eat from the feeders we provide and love watching them take their baths in our fountain. If they require anything they will sit on our fence outside our great room and sing to us. They never sing to us if all is well.

What are you thankful for today?

65 thoughts on “Thankful Thursday

1. Ann Thompson says:

I would have trouble reading with no electronics since all my reading is done from my kindle. Sometimes it’s nice though to shut everything off and just sit with a good book

2. Nancy Chan says:

I am also thankful for our fans and air-conditioners to keep us cool when the weather is hot. Also thankful for the birds that visit our garden even though they feed on some of my edibles. I love to hear them sing.

3. Paul Pietrangelo says:

I’m thankful for my cruise because I can’t wait for the Caribbean where it will be sunny and hot especially since we got this snow and cold weather in early November. Can’t wait for January. See ya Sandee.

4. Bette A. Stevens says:

Lovely that you and hubby make a special time to read together each day… That’s a beautiful thing! Thankful for my hubby too–he’s a keeper. He’ cuts and piles wood from downed trees each year–keeping hearth and home cozy and warm. So much to be thankful for…. πŸ™‚

5. The Gang at LLB says:

I totally agree about the central heat thankfulness! The house we first lived in here, on the coast, just had a wall unit and a wood burning stove…It’s been sooooo nice to have warm air pumped throughout the house!

• Sandee says:

It does, but nothing like your cold. We don’t have all that much in winter clothes. We go from short sleeve and shorts to long sleeve and long pants and a jacket. From sandals to shoes and sock. Not much. Happy day to you and Ms. Zoe. πŸ™‚

• Sandee says:

It’s a wonderful time of the day. Every single day and no matter if we’re home or on our boat. I’m currently reading Blue Moon by Lee Child. It’s a Jack Reacher book and he’s ever so entertaining. πŸ™‚

6. Jan K says:

What a nice routine you and your hubby have! I just put my bird feeders out today. I love watching the birds but because of bears we can’t have any out until after they hibernate (with this weather, hopefully they have already done so). I also have to find the perfect spot for them so that neither Luke nor our own birds will eat all the seed. LOL