Thankful Thursday

It’s Thankful Thursday hosted by Brian of Brian’s Home. He wants us to post what we’re thankful for.

I think it’s a good thing to do each week.

Focus on the positive things in our lives.

Make sure you link up to the Blog Hop at Brian’s Home and get the code to put on your blog. Then visit all the participants.

I won’t be around much today. I’ve two procedures to do this afternoon and there is prep for one of them. Also this is day two that I’ve not had anything to eat. For all the older folks out there you know what one of these procedures is. Enough said. I’m thankful that these tests are available.

I’m thankful that hubby is going to grill hamburgers for dinner. Wonderful soft hamburger buns, mayo, dill pickles and a slice of onion. Pure heaven! I’ll also have a glass of milk and some Lay’s potato chips. I’m sure this will more than make up for two days of no food.

Last, I’m thankful for these two little cutie pies. Planning on visiting them on Saturday. They are growing and thriving. We are so blessed.

What are you thankful for today?

69 comments for “Thankful Thursday

1. April 18, 2019 2:10 am at 2:10 am

I don’t think I could go two days without eating. I am also pretty sure that when I got to the burgers your husband is going to be grilling I would most likely inhale them rapidly…lol I hope the procedures go quickly.
    Getting to see those two little cuties will make for a perfect day πŸ™‚

April 18, 2019 7:25 am at 7:25 am

You have to do what they say or the prep doesn’t work and they won’t do the procedure. So I do what they say. You can have some stuff, but it’s not much. πŸ™‚

2. April 18, 2019 2:47 am at 2:47 am

Bambino’s – double the adorableness, double the fun. (Good luck, blessings today, hoping all will be well, Ann.)

April 18, 2019 7:24 am at 7:24 am

They are both so fun to hold and love on. Can’t wait to see them on Saturday. They are doing so well. Big hug, Ann. πŸ™‚

3. April 18, 2019 2:52 am at 2:52 am

The burger sounds delicious and the cutie pies are just adorable. Good luck with your procedures!

April 18, 2019 7:24 am at 7:24 am

Thank you, Molly. It will be over in no time and I’ll be a happy camper. Can’t wait to see my greats too. πŸ™‚

4. April 18, 2019 4:01 am at 4:01 am

Procedures are no fun according to my mom. You will be so happy when they are done! The twins are looking adorable!

April 18, 2019 7:23 am at 7:23 am

I will be happy when they are done indeed. The twins are thriving and I can’t wait to see them. πŸ™‚

5. April 18, 2019 4:02 am at 4:02 am

Such cutie wee ones! All the best on your procedures today, we’ll be thinking of you. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

April 18, 2019 7:22 am at 7:22 am

Thank you so much. It’s just routine, but it’s still medical stuff to do. Seems I’m either going to the grocery store or some medical office. Thanks for hosting Thankful Thursday. πŸ™‚

6. April 18, 2019 5:04 am at 5:04 am

Best of luck with your procedures! Blessings! πŸ˜€

April 18, 2019 7:22 am at 7:22 am

When you’re as old as I am there is always some procedure you have to do. πŸ™‚

• April 18, 2019 7:38 am at 7:38 am

I’m afraid that’s a true statement, Sandee. I think we’re about the same age! πŸ€­πŸ€—

7. April 18, 2019 5:15 am at 5:15 am

Sure hope the procedures go well. Yikes, no food for two days. Those hamburgers sure sound yummy for you after no food. Sending you lots of good thoughts. Those babies are so darn cute. Have a good one Sandee.

April 18, 2019 7:21 am at 7:21 am

Hubby wanted to know what I wanted for dinner tonight and that sounded the very best. I’m so hungry this morning and I’ve hours to go before my procedure. All will be well. πŸ™‚

8. Jen
    April 18, 2019 6:42 am at 6:42 am

Oh my gosh they are sooo cute! Nothing better than baby love πŸ™‚

Good luck on your procedures!

April 18, 2019 7:19 am at 7:19 am

They are indeed. Looking forward to having pizza too. I’m hungry. πŸ™‚

9. April 18, 2019 6:56 am at 6:56 am

Hoping all goes well for you today! You’re grandbabies are absolutely adorable!!

• April 18, 2019 7:00 am at 7:00 am

your, not you’re – geez auto-correct is a pain!

April 18, 2019 7:18 am at 7:18 am

Auto-correct can do funny things at times though. πŸ™‚

April 18, 2019 7:18 am at 7:18 am

I’m sure it will. It’s not my first rodeo. πŸ™‚

10. April 18, 2019 7:09 am at 7:09 am

I’m thankful that I’m young enough to not know about your procedure.

April 18, 2019 7:17 am at 7:17 am

You’ll never know about this procedure, Kismit. Birds don’t have to do this. πŸ™‚

11. April 18, 2019 8:28 am at 8:28 am

The twins are precious! Good luck with your procedure and enjoy that hamburger! πŸ™‚

April 18, 2019 8:42 am at 8:42 am

Thank you, Eugenia. I’ll be glad when I get to have the hamburger. πŸ™‚

12. April 18, 2019 8:38 am at 8:38 am

You are indeed blessed with those two cutie pies ! ~ Xox from Me and Ms. Z ^_^

Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

April 18, 2019 8:42 am at 8:42 am

We are indeed, Carol. They are the cutest. Okay, I’m biased. Happy day to you and Ms. Zoe. πŸ™‚

13. April 18, 2019 8:58 am at 8:58 am

awwww those two are growing fast! Fasting for two days is a drag, but better than not having these procedures to keep us healthy! Enjoy your burgers!

April 18, 2019 9:15 am at 9:15 am

They are indeed. I’ve a headache this morning so I’m sure it’s because I’m hungry. Oh well, it has to be done. πŸ™‚

14. April 18, 2019 9:25 am at 9:25 am

I know about one of those procedures and I empathize. When you’re all done, treat yourself to a nice thick shake. They go down real smooth. As for those two cuties…they are just precious! 😍

April 19, 2019 1:50 pm at 1:50 pm

All went well and I had that burger and chips I wanted last night. I had such a good doctor that I don’t even have any issues today. Even the IV site I can hardly find today. Just being able to eat is fabulous. πŸ™‚

• April 19, 2019 2:18 pm at 2:18 pm

That’s good news. Congrats! Thumbs up for burgers and chips πŸ”πŸŸ

15. April 18, 2019 9:30 am at 9:30 am

If I remember correctly, The Hubby packed a sandwich for me, for the drive home after…and I didn’t want it, even though I knew I was hungry, but I had no appetite. After a nap, I managed to nom a bit, then ate normally by dinnertime. Hope all goes well, which I’m sure it will. I don’t think I’m ever going to do it again!

April 18, 2019 10:14 am at 10:14 am

I know it’s dinnertime before I’ll be hungry. Yep, you nailed it. I’ll be coming home, having a nap and then be ready for dinner. I have to do it because I have issues. πŸ™‚

16. April 18, 2019 10:42 am at 10:42 am

Aww they are cuties! I hope all went well with the procedures, enjoy the hamburgers for dinner! πŸ™‚
    xx

April 18, 2019 11:08 am at 11:08 am

I’ll enjoy the burger for sure. I’m so hungry. πŸ™‚

17. April 18, 2019 11:13 am at 11:13 am

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes I read between the lines. Been there done that too. I hope and pray all went well and that you especially enjoy your first meal after a 2 day fast. Your grands are just so precious….I must ask….do you drink milk with your potato chips? LOL I used to love orange juice with Cheetos. I like my food color coordinated. LOL
    Hugs Cecilia

April 18, 2019 11:53 am at 11:53 am

Yep, it posted twice. WordPress can be slow on the comments. Getting two from you is awesome. πŸ™‚

18. April 18, 2019 11:17 am at 11:17 am

Yes indeed I read in between the lines. I hope it went well and I know you are looking forward to your first meal after a 2 day hiatus. Your grands are precious. Ok I have to ask: do you drink milk with your potato chips?
    I used to drink orange juice with my Cheetos…evidently I like my food color coordinated.
    Hugs Cecilia
    PS this might post twice first one disappeared.

April 18, 2019 11:52 am at 11:52 am

Most of us over 50 can read through these lines. The procedure is at 1:15 this afternoon. To get the guy I wanted that was the only choice I had. I do drink milk with my potato chips, but only when I have a tuna sandwich. rarely drink milk. πŸ™‚

19. April 18, 2019 11:27 am at 11:27 am

I hate those procedures which require no eating and whole of other unpleasant stuff. I hope you get a clean bill of health. The hamburgers are going to taste heavenly after the food restrictions you’ve been on. πŸ™‚ Babies are good reasons to be thankful for and these two are super cute. Have a good afternoon, my friend! πŸ˜‰

April 18, 2019 11:50 am at 11:50 am

I just showered and am dressed. Leaving in about 1/2 hour. All done with the icky stuff so I’ll just sleep through the procedures. I can do that. Yes the babies are adorable. You have a good afternoon too, my friend. πŸ™‚

20. catscue
    April 18, 2019 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm

No food for 2 days?! Nooooooo! Sounds like hubby has you covered today though – yum! Love the little ones, those are precious picture.

April 19, 2019 1:51 pm at 1:51 pm

It wasn’t that bad. I’ve done it so many times that I’m used to it. Hubby always has me covered. I’m a lucky girl. πŸ™‚

21. April 18, 2019 1:11 pm at 1:11 pm

We hope your procedures all went very well. And enjoy that dinner. The twins are looking great – thanks for sharing this photo with us – just adorable.

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

April 18, 2019 4:22 pm at 4:22 pm

All went well and I’m home and having a cup of coffee. Hubby will be making burgers very soon. πŸ™‚

22. April 18, 2019 2:23 pm at 2:23 pm

Beautiful babes…such blessings! β™₯ I’m thankful for each new day and for family, friends and flowers that bloom. Wishing you a blessed and beautiful Easter, Sandee. xo

April 18, 2019 4:21 pm at 4:21 pm

Wishing you the same, Better. It’s a special time of year for those of us who believe. πŸ™‚

23. April 18, 2019 3:10 pm at 3:10 pm

What a couple of cuties!!

April 18, 2019 4:20 pm at 4:20 pm

They are indeed. Such good little ones too. We are so blessed. πŸ™‚

24. Rosey A
    April 18, 2019 3:17 pm at 3:17 pm

All that sweetness in a baby carrier x2. πŸ™‚ Little cutie pies. I hope your procedures go well and that burger tastes faaaantastic! Hope you had a good time on your cruise!

April 18, 2019 4:20 pm at 4:20 pm

I’m having a great cup of coffee right now and hubby is setting up to make burgers. I’m so ready. We had a great time on our cruise. πŸ™‚

25. April 18, 2019 3:29 pm at 3:29 pm

Praying all goes well and you get nothing but good news from the doctors!

April 18, 2019 4:17 pm at 4:17 pm

All good news indeed. I don’t know I have to go back, but probably in 3 years. The Barrett’s has to be monitored. πŸ™‚

April 18, 2019 3:36 pm at 3:36 pm

They are so adorable. I hope your procedures go well. I have had that one and didn’t mind the procedure as much as the not eating. XO

April 18, 2019 4:17 pm at 4:17 pm

I’m home and they both went well. It’s pretty difficult in terms of what you need to do. I’m close to dinner now and I’m happy about that. I’m having a wonderful cup of coffee with sugar and cream. Yummy. πŸ™‚

27. April 18, 2019 6:01 pm at 6:01 pm

Oh, those little cutie pies are so sweet! Thank you for sharing their photo with us!!!

April 19, 2019 7:04 am at 7:04 am

Yes they are until they are keeping their parents up most of the night. πŸ™‚

28. April 18, 2019 9:14 pm at 9:14 pm

If you’re taking orders for hamburgers, make mine mustard, sweet pickles, tomato, lettuce, and red onion. Enjoy those little ones. As you are well aware, they grow up entirely too fast. Have a blessed week.

April 19, 2019 7:05 am at 7:05 am

I’ll make you one just like that. In fact bring your family and we’ll have a burger night. Yes they grow up too fast. πŸ™‚

29. April 19, 2019 1:03 am at 1:03 am

I hope everything goes well. Such a wonderful hubby to prepare a delightful meal for you. Such cute adorable cutie pies. Happy Easter.

April 19, 2019 7:06 am at 7:06 am

Hubby does most of the cooking. I do the cleanup. He loves to cook and it works for us. πŸ™‚

30. April 19, 2019 1:02 pm at 1:02 pm

Yes, those cuties are a great reason to be thankful.

April 19, 2019 1:51 pm at 1:51 pm

They sure are, Rhonda. They are doing so very well. πŸ™‚

31. April 19, 2019 2:56 pm at 2:56 pm

So thankful your procedures went well, and you were finally able to get a good meal. I know it’s necessary, but sheesh they want you to starve, and then give you icky stuff to drink. Been through a few of these…not fun.
    Glad it’s all finished! <3

32. MNL
    April 22, 2019 3:37 am at 3:37 am

I’m glad your procedure went well, without a hitch. Your hubby’s hamburger sounded great, worth the wait.

April 22, 2019 10:14 am at 10:14 am

That burger was great and I ate the whole thing. It was heaven. πŸ™‚

33. April 22, 2019 7:26 pm at 7:26 pm

BABIES are the BEST and omg they are ADORABLE!! Did you have a good visit with them? xoxo

April 23, 2019 6:09 am at 6:09 am

We didn’t get to go. Sarah had to work. We’re going to reschedule. πŸ™‚