Wordless Wednesday

(WW) is a visual blogosphere phenomenon.

WW is a simple blog post featuring a photo which conveys a message that speaks for itself without using words.

For all the rule breakers, of which I am one, please feel free to add all the words you want.

CityCenter Las Vegas – This 18-million-square-foot, $9 billion casino complex is billed as the most expensive private construction project in U.S. history. CityCenter, a city within a city on the Las Vegas Strip, includes a sprawling casino, 4 hotels, 2,400 homes and 42 restaurants and bars. Completed in 2009, the lavish project was $1.2 billion over-budget and continues to be a major drag for parent company MGM Resorts, which posted a loss of $1.44 billion in 2010 and as most expensive casinos in the world.

1. Wordless Wednesday 2. bethere2day 3. messymimi’s meanderings
73. Blue Hideaway 74. Passion Flower 75. SuziQ
76. Raquel Jimenez 77. Stuff & Nonsense 78. Calico Cat Day

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here…

93 comments for “Wordless Wednesday

1. January 23, 2019 12:22 am at 12:22 am

Wow! amazing stats and running at a loss, LQQKS very impressive πŸ™‚

Have a losslesstastic WWS ➑

January 23, 2019 11:47 am at 11:47 am

I’d love to see it, but Vegas isn’t my favorite place. Too glitzy. πŸ™‚

2. January 23, 2019 12:40 am at 12:40 am

Hokey smokes, that is not the kind of deficit you want recorded on the books. That’s a huge loss.

My 2nd oldest just came back from a California and Las Vegas/Grand Canyon adventure. Gorgeous pictures.

January 23, 2019 11:48 am at 11:48 am

There is some beautiful country on this side of America. πŸ™‚

3. Memories of Eric and Flynn
    January 23, 2019 1:03 am at 1:03 am

We were there in 2009 and it hadn’t been opened then. That is a mind boggling loss!

January 23, 2019 11:49 am at 11:49 am

It is indeed. I didn’t even know about it until I saw it be accident. Decided to post it today. πŸ™‚

4. January 23, 2019 1:53 am at 1:53 am

It’s pretty impressive looking but the financial loss to MGM proves it was a waste of money. Maybe they should remember the phrase “less is more” πŸ™‚

January 23, 2019 11:50 am at 11:50 am

Less is always more. It took me some time to figure that out too. πŸ™‚

5. January 23, 2019 2:14 am at 2:14 am

Beautiful! I have yet to visit this place.

January 23, 2019 11:51 am at 11:51 am

I would love to see it, but that would mean I’d have to go to Las Vegas. Didn’t care for Vegas at all. πŸ™‚

6. January 23, 2019 2:54 am at 2:54 am

That looks like a town of its own. Very impurressive, Sandee πŸ˜€ We have the best news ever for you: my brother who lives with my mother, Bobo is back. Thank you for your support and purrayers. They truly brought him back home <3 Pawkisses from πŸ’—toπŸ’—πŸΎπŸ˜½πŸ’ž

January 23, 2019 11:51 am at 11:51 am

You had the very best post of all the posts today. I’m so happy Bobo is back home. Happy dance happening here. πŸ™‚

7. January 23, 2019 2:55 am at 2:55 am

That is one large casino.

January 23, 2019 11:52 am at 11:52 am

It’s a city within the city. It’s huge. πŸ™‚

8. January 23, 2019 3:08 am at 3:08 am

Looks impressive. Too bad though that it’s running at a loss.

January 23, 2019 11:52 am at 11:52 am

I think they tried to incorporate way too much and are bleeding out. πŸ™‚

9. January 23, 2019 3:22 am at 3:22 am

That sure is fancy though!

January 23, 2019 11:53 am at 11:53 am

I’m betting it’s very pricey to be here too. πŸ™‚

10. January 23, 2019 3:39 am at 3:39 am

That is one gigntic place. I cannot imagine having to visit there since it would cost so much. Sandee, you and Zane have one fantastic day.

January 23, 2019 11:55 am at 11:55 am

We don’t care for Vegas at all. Was there once for one night and off we went. You have a fantastic day too, Marg. πŸ™‚

11. January 23, 2019 3:54 am at 3:54 am

Crazy how much money they lost!

January 23, 2019 11:55 am at 11:55 am

They miscalculated somewhere. I’m guessing it was the homes? πŸ™‚

12. January 23, 2019 4:03 am at 4:03 am

Vegas is like another world, but the building sure looks neat.

January 23, 2019 11:58 am at 11:58 am

It’s an adult play land. Some folks love it and others don’t. πŸ™‚

January 23, 2019 4:31 am at 4:31 am

That is a cool building. Thanks for hosting. Have a great day. πŸ™‚

January 23, 2019 11:59 am at 11:59 am

I would love to explore it too. It’s a long way from here though. You have a great day too, Ellen. πŸ™‚

14. January 23, 2019 5:09 am at 5:09 am

That is an amazing building and I know several people who love vacationing in Vegas…. I’m not one of them. Last time we vacationed in the area, we went hiking in the desert. We figure if we go, again, we’ll rent a houseboat on Lake Mead.

January 23, 2019 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm

I’d be hiking and on the lake too. Vegas doesn’t interest me or hubby. πŸ™‚

15. January 23, 2019 5:36 am at 5:36 am

With legalized gambling and casino’s popping up in nearly every state there has been a slow drain on the Vegas tourist economy. Cities Center seems to say, “Too much of a good thing, is not a good thing.” Have a blessed Wednesday.

January 23, 2019 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm

I don’t care for the glitzy look of Vegas. It’s too, too. You have a blessed Wednesday too, my friend. πŸ™‚

16. January 23, 2019 5:46 am at 5:46 am

9 billion with a B? Wouldn’t you just love to have 1% of that figure? I think I could live comfortable on it, don’t you? lol I just imagine such a place as this and I’m certain it has paid for itself given the kind of traffic these sorts of resorts receive. Have a wonderful not-so-WW, my friend!

January 23, 2019 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm

Yes, we would have oodles of money if we had that 1%. Have a wonderful WW too, Cathy. πŸ™‚

17. January 23, 2019 6:23 am at 6:23 am

Wow! Guess they thought they could compete with Dubai maybe? Such a waste.

January 23, 2019 12:04 pm at 12:04 pm

Well it’s not working out very well, Linda. Some of those homes are in the millions. πŸ™‚

18. January 23, 2019 6:28 am at 6:28 am

So that’s how they spent my money.

January 23, 2019 7:26 am at 7:26 am

That’s how they spend our money, Kismet. πŸ™‚

19. January 23, 2019 6:51 am at 6:51 am

Lovely photo ~ can’t help but think this country has its priorities upside down ~ Decadent ~
    Son and I in the 90’s passed by there on a ‘road trip’ ~ neither one of us had a desire to see it ~ Plus my husband (his step Dad) had just died (hence the road trip for me) as my son was officer in Navy and next post was on East Coast ~ so enjoyed seeing our beautiful country ~

Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

January 23, 2019 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm

I’d love to see it because these kinds of things amaze me. The rich really does go way out there. Happy day to you and Ms. Zoe. πŸ™‚

20. January 23, 2019 6:55 am at 6:55 am

That’s an insane amount of money to spend and to lose! Such a waste. Bigger isn’t always better, as they say. Happy #WW to you. Thanks for hosting this linkup.

January 23, 2019 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm

I’ve tried to leave a comment on your Instagram, but I’m not on Instagram. I also got your private comment and have not idea what you said. Sorry, I’m not very good with social media. πŸ™‚

• January 23, 2019 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm

I don’t think you can comment on Instagram unless you have an account there. As for my message that was about Twitter. I wanted to follow you there, but apparently, your account is private and you have to approve it. Nobody can see what you’re sharing there, like your posts or other people’s posts, unless you set it to public. And when someone shares your posts from here it shows @httpstwittercommycomedyplus which doesn’t work well. It should be @mycomedyplus. Sorry to confuse you. Just trying to be helpful. πŸ™‚

January 23, 2019 3:51 pm at 3:51 pm

I think I’ve fixed it, but let me know. πŸ™‚

21. Natasha
    January 23, 2019 7:01 am at 7:01 am

How neat is that, Sandee.

Have a Wondrous Wednesday!
    Love and cheer <3

January 23, 2019 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm

Very expensive and running at a loss. Not good, but beautiful. πŸ™‚

22. January 23, 2019 7:23 am at 7:23 am

Wow! That is a huge structure. Seems someone had visions of grandeur when they built something that big.

January 23, 2019 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm

They did and it’s just not working out as they planned. πŸ™‚

• January 23, 2019 2:12 pm at 2:12 pm

So unfortunate because it is a stunning complex!

23. January 23, 2019 7:40 am at 7:40 am

Perhaps all the excess of Vegas is finally catching up with Sin City. MGM should have just stayed with its flagship property and the 3 towers behind it. It’s already big enough!

January 23, 2019 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm

I agree. Sometimes they thing bigger and more elegant is better. Seems not to be the case. πŸ™‚

24. January 23, 2019 7:42 am at 7:42 am

If I didn’t care where I was at, I could get significantly lost in a place like that, and not care that I was.

January 23, 2019 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm

Then you need to visit this place. πŸ™‚

25. January 23, 2019 8:20 am at 8:20 am

Fascinating! Have a great Wednesday, my friend! ((Hugs))

January 23, 2019 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm

I love fascinating things. You have a great Wednesday too, Michelle. πŸ™‚

26. January 23, 2019 8:52 am at 8:52 am

And I’m happy with a cup of tea, a book, and a purring cat!

January 23, 2019 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm

I’m with you. I’ll stay right here too. πŸ™‚

27. January 23, 2019 8:55 am at 8:55 am

Seems like they went a little overboard. I thought this was going to be from Dubai. This would fit right in with that city skyline, I think. Hugs to you, my dear!

January 23, 2019 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm

A penthouse suite costs 8 million and a small suite (900 square feet) costs a half a million. I think that’s their problem. πŸ™‚

28. January 23, 2019 8:59 am at 8:59 am

i have been to Las Vegas and just find it too artificial!

January 23, 2019 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm

Hubby and I went once and didn’t care for it at all. πŸ™‚

29. meowmeowmans
    January 23, 2019 9:32 am at 9:32 am

Holy moly, that’s a heck of a lot of money all the way around. I haven’t been to Las Vegas in years. It looks like it’s changed a lot!

Thank you for hosting, Sandee. We appreciate you!

January 23, 2019 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm

We went for the first and last time in 1996. That’s all it took for us. πŸ™‚

30. KB
    January 23, 2019 9:35 am at 9:35 am

I just came over to join the blog hop…. and I did join, and then noticed that I was already in it. Thank you for linking me and for hosting the blog hop.

That casino is a monstrosity in my humble opinion. Vegas isn’t my idea of a fun place to visit…

January 23, 2019 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm

I put you in because I’m loving your pups of late. Hachi is a wonderful addition. πŸ™‚

31. Jan
    January 23, 2019 9:46 am at 9:46 am

When I visited there I really wanted to live there. I hadn’t realized what a poor investment it was/is.

January 23, 2019 3:53 pm at 3:53 pm

It’s very expensive too, Jan. A very small place was half a million dollars. πŸ™‚

32. January 23, 2019 10:07 am at 10:07 am

The Vegas of old is no longer now they are all about bigger and better and this is a huge one!!
    We went back in the 70’s and enjoyed it. Saw some great shows. I must say Vegas lost it’s appeal. My daughter and son in law were at the Country Music Concert in Vegas during the massacre. It was their 2nd time going. In 2017 they purchased VIP tickets that put them in covered sitting by the stage. They heard the the bullets flying just above them. General Admission is where they sat in 2016 and that was where most of the victims were in 2017. Thankfully they were not injured physically but it took some time to get their minds beyond the shooting.
    hugs
    Cecilia

January 23, 2019 3:54 pm at 3:54 pm

Oh how horrific, Cecilia. I had no idea. It would have been horrific indeed. πŸ™‚

33. January 23, 2019 10:25 am at 10:25 am

they gambled and lost……we have been to Lost Wages a few times, mostly to see shows…..I never gamble and Russell only puts about $20 into slot machines…..not me. Happy days to you xoxox

January 23, 2019 3:54 pm at 3:54 pm

We don’t gamble either. I don’t even play the lottery. I just keep my money. Happy day to you too, Kathe. πŸ™‚

34. January 23, 2019 11:17 am at 11:17 am

Very pretty, but I wouldn’t want to live there. Maybe if we were rich big spenders and liked the nightlife, it would be fun. πŸ™‚
    Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday! <3

January 23, 2019 3:55 pm at 3:55 pm

I used to love the nightlife, but I’m a homebody now. It’s all good. You have a wonderful Wednesday too. πŸ™‚

35. January 23, 2019 11:35 am at 11:35 am

They didn’t build that by paying out much to winning gamblers!

January 23, 2019 3:56 pm at 3:56 pm

That’s for sure. It’s rigged in the house’s for sure. πŸ™‚

36. January 23, 2019 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm

It looks neat, but I’m glad I don’t own it!

January 23, 2019 3:56 pm at 3:56 pm

That makes two of us, Binky. πŸ™‚

37. January 23, 2019 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm

That makes Mom want to take a trip to Vegas – she loves to play all the slots!!!

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

January 23, 2019 3:59 pm at 3:59 pm

I used to enjoy it, but the cigarette smoke is just too much anymore. πŸ™‚

38. January 23, 2019 4:18 pm at 4:18 pm

Comes a time when people and businesses need to realize that bigger is not always better or higher income producing.

January 23, 2019 4:36 pm at 4:36 pm

Someone had a grand plan that didn’t turn out. They created a money pit. πŸ™‚

39. January 23, 2019 4:36 pm at 4:36 pm

Lovely skyline.

January 23, 2019 4:40 pm at 4:40 pm

It is indeed. πŸ™‚

40. January 23, 2019 5:39 pm at 5:39 pm

I’ve been by there but haven’t been to it because there were so many people. I don’t like being around all those people on the strip. Grandma from Vegas lives in Sun City Summerlin which is out near Red Rocks, a long way west of the strip, but when I visit her I do like to go to the Bellagio. I love the Italian style and the Conservatory, the Fountains and the Chihuly glass flowers.

Hope you’re both doing well! Is it April 15th yet? Ugh.

January 24, 2019 7:12 am at 7:12 am

We didn’t care for Vegas. We spent one night and then headed to the Grand Canyon. We did like that.

No it’s not April 15th yet, but you’ll survive. You always do. πŸ™‚

41. January 23, 2019 6:41 pm at 6:41 pm

Hopes and dreams may not be in Vegas? Great picture!

January 24, 2019 7:15 am at 7:15 am

They sure wen’t there for hubby and I. Too glitzy for us. πŸ™‚

42. January 23, 2019 6:48 pm at 6:48 pm

Even though my mom & step-dad lived in Vegas for about five or six (6) years and my daughter & I went there a lot & hubby & I went there one time. He was never there before & I got to tell you this one alright. We were at one of the Casino’s & playing slots here & there & it was really getting late. Neither one of us really won anything. It was one of those put some in get some back kinda night. Then I was just walking around a bit & Dave was still playing & then all of a sudden lights & bells, bells & lights went off in Dave’s machine & his face was so stunned & I went there with a big smile, but he was all nervous & whispered to me, “What did I do break it?” bwahahahaha He never won before & he had no idea what was happening. I explained he won about $250 in the slots & that frown turned upside down HUGE SMILE! BWAHAHAHA Anyway, your Casino we never went there. We just stuck around town and mostly went to a Casino near my Mom’s house. A place called the Santa Fe & there was another she liked, but the name escapes me right now. She lived on one of those Del Web properties & you had to be over 55 to live there. It was beautiful, but a tad expensive. She moved back home as she got older thank God & we got to spend time with her whenever we wanted until she passed away in April of 1996. Bummer! Anyway I could go on & on, but it’s getting late & it’s time for bed. Shot tomorrow… woo hoo!!! Have a great day & sweet dreams… love ya… meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hehehehe

January 24, 2019 7:17 am at 7:17 am

What did I do break it? Bwahahahahahaha. Love it.

Have a great day, Marie. Love you. πŸ™‚

43. January 23, 2019 7:07 pm at 7:07 pm

Very beautiful. I have been there. Great pic. Thanks for hosting and I hope that you have a wonderful week.

January 24, 2019 7:18 am at 7:18 am

I would love to see the homes here. I saw one yesterday that is for sale and I think it went for 9 million. Huge place those. πŸ™‚

44. Jen
    January 23, 2019 7:47 pm at 7:47 pm

Vegas is so not my fave place, but there is some pretty architecture. I will admit that πŸ™‚

January 24, 2019 7:19 am at 7:19 am

Hubby and I didn’t care for it either. It was just to over the top for us. πŸ™‚

45. January 25, 2019 9:35 am at 9:35 am

Hi Sandee, that sounds like a village in an interesting building. When it comes to money in that amount it becomes just numbers, it’s too crazy to take in.

xx

January 27, 2019 5:50 am at 5:50 am

Yes these numbers are way up there. Too rich for my blood. πŸ™‚