Wordless Wednesday

(WW) is a visual blogosphere phenomenon.

WW is a simple blog post featuring a photo which conveys a message that speaks for itself without using words.

For all the rule breakers, of which I am one, please feel free to add all the words you want.

The Golden Phoenix Cupcake – $1,000 – This cupcake is available in a small bakery named Bloomsbury’s in the Dubai Mall. Why is this dessert so expensive? The reason is the ingredients include Ugandan vanilla beans, Italian chocolate, and strawberries dipped in gold. On top of all that, the icing is dusted in edible gold.

The bakery enriches your dining experience by providing you a golden spoon to eat this cupcake. Thus, you get a satisfying and unique experience for the grand amount you shell out. However, you cannot take home the spoon and need to be satisfied with the quantity of gold consisting of the 23-carat edible gold sheets that you consume when you eat this dessert.

1. Wordless Wednesday 2. bethere2day 3. It’s a Snap!
4. The Dogladys Den 5. messymimi;s meanderings 6. Memories of Eric and Flynn
49. Shiju Sugunan 50. Plaridel 51. La Mamarazzi
52. CatSynth 53. Suzy 54. Rusty Ring
55. Sara Chapman 56. Sara Chapman II 57. Leslie
58. Gattina 59. Carmen 60. Beth F
61. Deb Nance 62. Bill 63. Image-in-ing
64. Kottaway 65. Chickadee Lane 66. Junkboat Travels
67. Raquel Jimenez 68. Colleen 69. Klara S.
70. Adventures in Weseland 71. Comfort Spring 72. SuziQ
73. Natasha Musing 74. OF MICE AND raMEN 75. Ruby
76. Cute Pet Dogs 77. Tots & Me 78. Peppylady
79. Forgetfulone 80. Aditya Narayan 81. Flower in My Hair

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here…

104 thoughts on “Wordless Wednesday

1. Debbie D. says:

While it looks good, the only thought that comes to mind is “what a waste!” Sorry, but that kind of frivolous spending when people are starving just doesn’t sit well. Happy #WW nonetheless! πŸ™‚

2. Memories of Eric and Flynn says:

My first thought on seeing that was it looks too good to eat….and then I read about it!!
    Wow really??? Does anyone actually pay that amount of money to eat something.

3. Ann Thompson says:

I had the same thought as Debbie, what a waste. From a bakers standpoint I can understand wanting to create something unique and delicious but in my world, anyone who would pay $1,000 for one cupcake is an idiot. There are far better things to spend your money on and at a much better price.
    The other thing is what happens to that $1000 cupcake if no one buys it. Sitting next tot he hostess cupcake in the garbage they pretty much have the same value.

4. Cathy Kennedy says:

This is interesting and even pretty photographed but seriously $1000? I’ll skip it, go straight to Walmart and shell out less than five bucks for the ingredients, come home, and make a whole dozen cupcakes…chocolate ones at that! πŸ™‚ Yes, I’m too darn practical and silly at the same time. lol Happy WW, dearie! xx

5. My GBGV Life says:

My mom says she loves chocolate and strawberries, but she doesn’t want to eat gold, not even edible gold. I’m sure some people will buy this stuff. We could get a lot of dog treats for that money!

6. Jeanne Foguth says:

I agree with everyone who said it is beautiful but the money could be better spent on food…. For anyone who actually thinks they need to buy this to eat, I would wonder why they felt inferior and were trying to compensate.

7. DrillerAA says:

I guess you can add me to the list of “Why?”. What’s the point! It looks amazing, but I suspect that one is disappointed in the taste because there is NO cupcake worth $1000. Just sayin’.

8. XmasDolly says:

Baby Girl, did I ever thank you for signing me in. It sure makes me feel good that I’m not the last one all the time!!! Muuuu-waaaaaahhhhhh! Oh… HUGS TOO! Anyway, glad you got some laughs on my video It truly is a hoot! Also, OMG eating GOLD! Wouldn’t that make you sick? Would it turn to mold if you didn’t eat it? I would just like to stare at it a very long time or maybe put it in the bank and draw interest on it! Bwahahahahaha Okay, Glad you like my babies, but the older they get the older I feel… bummer! Anyway, the 24th I go in for my shot.. NO MORE PAIN… well, for a while.. as long as the shot lasts. πŸ™ Love you lots lil’ girl have a great evening! HUGS

9. messymimi's meanderings says:

It looks pretty, but in the end all you got was a cupcake and i think i would want a lot more for my $1,000. When it comes to food, i have noticed that no matter what you have a taste for, when you are done eating, it doesn’t matter what you ate, you are full and satisfied.

• Sandee says:

There are some people that would love to buy this cupcake and look down their noses at the rest of us. I’ve met some of them over my working years. Bores with a capital ‘B’. πŸ™‚

10. evolvewithmary says:

Happy Wordless Wednesday Sandee
    What! A $1000 cupcake?
    I’ll get a $3 cupcake and save the rest of the money.
    I’m also not sure I’m want to digest 23 carat edible gold sheets.
    I hope you are having a great week
    xoxo
    Mary

• Sandee says:

I would do the same, Mary. I love seeing some of the ridiculous things people with money will buy. I can’t imagine. You have a great week too, my friend. πŸ™‚

11. Natasha says:

Hola! Sandee

This one’s intriguing. Actually it left me flabbergasted and disgusted at the same time. I mean with so many people living below the poverty line why would someone waste that kind of money on a cupcake.

But I guess people who have more money than they can handle need a way to blow it up too.

Thanks for sharing this little snippet. Maybe we should all rally against this bakery and get the product banned. Lol!

Linking up with your fabulous linky. Do drop by yours as well.
    Happy rest of the week ahead!
    Love and cheer!

• Sandee says:

No one is going to rally against this bakery. That place is full of the rich. They don’t care about us little people. I went over and linked up to your linky too. Thanks. Have a great rest of the week, Natasha. πŸ™‚

• Sandee says:

The rich can spend their money on some extravagant things. Oh well, it’s their money. I hope your tax season isn’t too stressful this year. I’m sure it is though. πŸ™‚

12. Kitties Blue says:

Well that certainly is a decadent dessert; though, I’d rather spend a bit less and not eat the gold. My favorite chocolates are from a small candy maker called Blondell in Lausanne, Switzerland. No gold, but I bet as good or better. The presentation of the golden cupcake is beautiful. Thanks for linking us up. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

• Sandee says:

Even if I could afford this cupcake I still wouldn’t spend this kind of money. I’m just not wired that way. You’re most welcome for the link. Scritches to all the kitties and tons of hugs to you. πŸ™‚

13. meowmeowmans says:

That’s insane! I say go get a regular delicious cupcake, and then use the other $999 for lots of other awesome things. πŸ™‚

Thanks for hosting, Sandee. Hope you’re doing well!

14. Lisa says:

Edible gold? I’ve never heard of such a thing! The cupcake looks luscious, but I can think of at least1,000 other things to buy with $1,000 other than a cupcake!! Hope your week went well. xoxo

15. MNL says:

$1000 for a cupcake? dang! For that much, I should get the spoon as a take home gift. I wonder how many get ordered…. thinks about it …. maybe I should take up baking

• Sandee says:

I couldn’t believe what I was reading. That’s so much for one cupcake. I’d be happy with a Hostess cupcake for goodness sake. I’d like to keep the spoon too. πŸ™‚