Feline Friday

Feline Friday is simple to join. All you have to do is:

Post a picture, drawing, cartoon or video of a cat (They may be silly or cute).

Add your link to the Linky Tools v2.0 and then follow the get the code link so we’ll have the same links.

Friendly Fill-ins

Each Thursday Ellen of 15andmeowing and Lorianne of Four-Legged Furballs, provide Friendly Fill-in questions.

Ellen came up with the first two questions and Lorianne came up with the last two questions.

If you need help, please let either Ellen or Lorianne know.

Here are this weeks questions:
1 – I really need to ___________.
2 – My favorite Christmas (or Hanukkah) decoration is _______.
3 – It’s beginning to look a lot like ____________.
4 – This time of year, I eat my fair share of __________.

Here are my answers:
1 – I really need to clean my windows and blinds.
2 – My favorite Christmas decoration is a white Christmas tree with red decorations.
3 – It’s beginning to look a lot like any other day of the year. We don’t decorate anymore and you won’t find one thing that says Christmas in our home. We do love Christmas though.
4 – This time of year, I eat my fair share of what I eat the rest of the year. We will have Christmas dinner in the early afternoon and that’s the only time we’ll splurge a bit. Okay we’re pretty boring.

1. Feline Friday 2. Memories Eric & Flynn 3. messymimi’s meanderings

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here…

104 comments for “Feline Friday

1. Memories of Eric and Flynn
    December 14, 2018 at 12:35 am

That’s a cute kitty!
    We don’t decorate either now because really we did it for Eric and Flynn. Now it is only the two of us we are going to a hotel over the Christmas period. We did it last year for the first time and had a wonderful time. (Last year’s photos are on the Holiday Photos blog).
    I have added your Linkys List to my post.

December 14, 2018 at 1:39 pm

Thanks for playing along. I’m glad I found some linkies that work. You’re more than welcome to include the linkies in your post. It’s nice to have you.

What a fun thing to do for Christmas. I’ll go check out your photos. πŸ™‚

2. December 14, 2018 at 12:35 am

That’s certainly a festive cat, and i don’t think you are boring at all, just happy doing your own thing.

December 14, 2018 at 1:46 pm

Yes we are happy doing our own thing. Boating is what we do the most. We’re good with that. πŸ™‚

3. December 14, 2018 at 12:55 am

LOL How very cute heheh!

I’m like you with 3 and 4 lol

Have a bowtastic FFS ➑

December 14, 2018 at 1:48 pm

I can remember being able to eat anything I wanted, but now more. Getting old isn’t for sissies. Thanks for being such a loyal participant of Feline Friday. πŸ™‚

4. December 14, 2018 at 2:02 am

What a pretty cat and he looks adorable all dressed up for Christmas.
    I doubt you are boring you just like what you like and you go with it. I know a few people who don’t decorate any more

December 14, 2018 at 1:50 pm

I used to love to decorate, but I just don’t anymore. Hubby and I have a wonderful day, but you’d never know it’s Christmas. We don’t do the typical dinners anymore. πŸ™‚

5. December 14, 2018 at 3:16 am

Cute kitty! I also need to clean my blinds!!

December 14, 2018 at 1:51 pm

Mine are terrible and so are my windows. I’ll get to it. πŸ™‚

6. December 14, 2018 at 3:43 am

Such a cute Christmas kitty! Hey, I’m always ready to eat!

December 14, 2018 at 1:52 pm

Kitties are mostly ready for treat at any time. It’s the way they roll and we’re good with it as long as we don’t overdo. πŸ™‚

7. December 14, 2018 at 3:48 am

My mom says she has needed to clean the blinds since like forever, but it is an ugly task she never seems to find time for.

December 14, 2018 at 1:53 pm

I get to it eventually, but I’ve not this year. I need to get this done. πŸ™‚

8. December 14, 2018 at 4:10 am

That is such a cute kitty all dressed up for Christmas. Very sad that we can’t dress up Two Two this year. Sandee, you and Zane have a terrific day.

December 14, 2018 at 1:54 pm

Poor Two Two. I pray for her every single day, Marg. You have a terrific day too. Scritches to all the babies and especially Two Two. πŸ™‚

9. December 14, 2018 at 4:43 am

Our Christmas decorations are meager. I hope if the Lord blessings us to get into a bigger house next year that we can put up our big Christmas tree. The tiny one is cute and works fine but I really miss seeing our 7 foot tree on display. I’d love to add to my New England Christmas village if we get moved, too. That’d be so pAwesome! If you can keep the eating down this time of year then my hat is off to you, my friend because it’s sure hard to work those pounds off! Have a joyful Christmas season and I’m sorry for not being around so much in recent months!

December 14, 2018 at 1:55 pm

I don’t intend to gain any weight this Christmas/New Years. I didn’t last year and I’m going to do it again. You’re right, it’s too hard to get back off. I hope you get that bigger house this coming year. Enjoy your time off. πŸ™‚

10. December 14, 2018 at 4:53 am

That cat looks proud to wear the santa hat…. Katsu has one and treats it like an attacker…

December 14, 2018 at 1:56 pm

I’ve never had a kitty that I could dress up. Never. Not a one. πŸ™‚

December 14, 2018 at 6:04 am

That is a cute kitty. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. You are definitely not boring! I need to clean some windows too πŸ™‚ Have a nice weekend! XO

December 14, 2018 at 1:56 pm

I love Friendly Fill-ins, but mine are a bit flat today. You have a nice weekend too, Ellen. πŸ™‚

12. December 14, 2018 at 6:08 am

“I’m the cat that’s in charge of the naughty list.”
    I really need to finish my Christmas shopping. I think I’m just a couple of gifts from being done.
    My favorite Christmas decoration is the small tree in the den with picture ornaments of the grandcrew.
    It’s been looking like Christmas around our house since the day after Thanksgiving. It is the best time of year.
    This time of year I eat my fair share of desserts. Then, it back to the diet, back to the gym, and back to our version of normal.

December 14, 2018 at 1:57 pm

I love your favorite decoration. I’m not surprised either. I know how you love your family. Thanks for playing along. πŸ™‚

13. December 14, 2018 at 6:38 am

I’m smiling big time.
    Last year we had all new windows installed. Easy maintenance with the pane in between the glass and if you are a contortionist you can pop them out clean both sides from inside. However our ceilings down stairs are 9′ all the windows are about 6′ tall very awkward to handle to pop out to clean the outside. LOL
    Hugs Cecilia

December 14, 2018 at 2:02 pm

I just watched a video on how to clean those windows. I think we’ll get those when we redo our windows. I love that idea. I think this would work great on all our windows. I don’t have tall windows like you do. πŸ™‚

14. December 14, 2018 at 6:46 am

What a cutie! And somehow I doubt you are boring. ~hugs~ Be well!

December 14, 2018 at 2:03 pm

I’m not boring, but those questions just weren’t my best. Oh well. You be well too. πŸ™‚

15. December 14, 2018 at 7:31 am

Wouldn’t that cute cat make the perfect Christmas present πŸ™‚

December 14, 2018 at 2:03 pm

Yes it would, Ellen. I love all things feline. πŸ™‚

16. December 14, 2018 at 7:44 am

Kitty ready for Christmas! There are many things I need to clean in my house. I don’t get things done as fast as i used to. I love Christmas but I don’t decorate too because there is too much to put away once the festive season is over. Our Christmas meal is simple, usually home cooked because most restaurants will be crowded. Have a beautiful weekend!

December 14, 2018 at 2:04 pm

We always stay at home for Christmas. Must nicer. I too have noticed that the older I get the less I want to do this stuff. I can do very little at a time as well. You have a beautiful weekend too, Nancy. πŸ™‚

17. December 14, 2018 at 7:45 am

Such an attentive kitty and sweet holiday photo ~ bet he/she is saying ‘Merry Christmas.’ ~ Xox to you from me and Ms. Z ~ ^_^

Happy Day to You,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

December 14, 2018 at 2:05 pm

I’m guessing the kitty is saying just that. Happy day to you and Ms. Zoe. πŸ™‚

18. December 14, 2018 at 7:49 am

What a precious photo. I didn’t decorate two years ago when Fiona died at the beginning of December. I just didn’t have the heart. Most years I go a bit crazy though. I just love those twinkling white lights. Have to agree with #1, especially the windows! Have a terrific weekend. Thanks for linking us up. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

December 14, 2018 at 2:07 pm

I hear you on losing a baby. You don’t feel like doing anything. When we decorated we did it up big. Three trees, decorations everywhere, Lights on the outside, and several displays. It was a winter wonderland. Happy weekend, Janet. Scritches to all those sweet babies. πŸ™‚

19. December 14, 2018 at 8:19 am

Boring? I don’t think so. You’re my kind of people.

Hello, Santa Kitty πŸ™‚ ((Hugs))

December 14, 2018 at 2:09 pm

We aren’t boring, but we are set in our ways. It’s all good. Hugs back, my friend. πŸ™‚

20. December 14, 2018 at 9:29 am

Like most holidays now, we don’t celebrate or decorate. Often, The Hubby and I visit my mother’s condo, and spend some time with family members, but we are all over the gift-exchange thang!

December 14, 2018 at 2:10 pm

Hubby and I don’t do gifts for each other either and haven’t for years. We do for the grands only. It’s all good. I don’t miss all the decorating either. It’s beautiful, but I’m not doing it. πŸ™‚

21. December 14, 2018 at 9:30 am

Hi Sandee, that cat does not ook impressed!… I really need to find more time to blog. Time seems to be slipping through my fingers like sand these days… The tree has to be my favourite decoration even though it’s technically not one decoration… It’s beginning to look a lot like I won’t be able to cook our Christmas in advance (that will teach me for downlsizing our freezer!)…This time of year I eat my fair share of mince pies!… If you enjoy a quiet Christmas there’s nothing wrong with that. It doesn’t make you boring, it make s you, you.

xx

December 14, 2018 at 2:11 pm

Yes it makes us, us. I like that. We enjoy the way we do things so it’s all good. I’m sorry you can’t prepare things ahead of time. It is nice when you have freezer space, but if you only use it once a year then downsizing is a good thing. Saves money. πŸ™‚

22. December 14, 2018 at 10:01 am

What a cute santa hat on the kitty. I too need to clean the windows but what the heck, the sun’s not shining today so they look good.

Jean

December 14, 2018 at 2:12 pm

I hear you, but now and then I look at my windows and blinds an say, good grief. I’ll get to them. πŸ™‚

23. December 14, 2018 at 10:04 am

what a darling little kitty!! Just adorable!! xoxoxo Have a great weekend!

December 14, 2018 at 2:13 pm

I thought he/she looked mighty good looking in that hat. You have a great weekend too, Caren. Scritches to the babies. πŸ™‚

24. December 14, 2018 at 10:11 am

That’s a cute pic, but it looks as if the cat doesn’t really care.

December 14, 2018 at 2:13 pm

It doesn’t look like it cares one bit. I agree. πŸ™‚

25. December 14, 2018 at 11:19 am

Aw, such a cute Santa Claws.

December 14, 2018 at 2:14 pm

The best kind. Pups and kitties are the best. πŸ™‚

26. December 14, 2018 at 11:19 am

That cat doesn’t look happy about his Christmas hat. But he is putting up with it, which is more than Buddy would do. I usually love decorating for Christmas, but must admit, it’s easy to start the new year without having to take down a lot of decorations.

December 14, 2018 at 2:15 pm

Yes the cat is dealing with the hat very nicely. I used to love to decorate. Hubby would bring in box after box of things the day after Thanksgiving and I’d spend the next three or four days putting everything up. I love every minute. πŸ™‚

27. December 14, 2018 at 11:22 am

This cat knows what to wear at this time of the year!
    I don’t think you are boring, everybody is entitled to his/her own version of Christmas. The most important thing is you like it!

December 14, 2018 at 2:16 pm

Yes that cat knows what to wear. Yes, we like what we do and that’s all that counts. πŸ™‚

28. December 14, 2018 at 11:55 am

What a festive kitty! My blinds and windows really need cleaning, too.

December 14, 2018 at 2:17 pm

This is the first year I’ve not cleaned the windows in years. Just didn’t want to I guess. πŸ™‚

29. December 14, 2018 at 11:56 am

” Merry Christmas Kitty ” See ya Sandee.

December 14, 2018 at 2:17 pm

Yes a Merry Christmas kitty. See ya, Paul. πŸ™‚

30. December 14, 2018 at 1:07 pm

Cute kitty! This is the first Christmas in years that we’ve done a tree and any decorations. We stopped years ago when the cats destroyed so much. But now that they’re older they seem to have mellowed and are allowing us to have a small tree! 😹

December 14, 2018 at 2:18 pm

I’m glad you can enjoy decorating again. They do mellow don’t they. πŸ™‚

31. December 14, 2018 at 1:27 pm

It is the time for red hats on cats! My favourite ornament is “Babys First Christmas 1979” How time flies.

December 14, 2018 at 2:20 pm

We all had/have that special ornament. Yes, how time flies. πŸ™‚

32. December 14, 2018 at 1:43 pm

Santa Kitty – you are so cute.

And our windows are really needing to be cleaned too, but Mom says somePups manage to make them messy very quickly with our snooters.

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

December 14, 2018 at 2:21 pm

You do make them messy with your snooters. I so remember. Oh well, mom doesn’t mind as long as your healthy and happy. πŸ™‚

33. December 14, 2018 at 2:15 pm

That is one jaunty kitty. I’m not sure if the Santa hat will come out in one piece though (:

December 14, 2018 at 2:22 pm

I think you’re right. That Santa had doesn’t stand a chance. πŸ™‚

34. December 14, 2018 at 2:26 pm

Thanks for adding me to the list,I am saddened that I cannot get the link up.

35. December 14, 2018 at 2:44 pm

A very Merry Christmas kitty, all dressed up for the holidays!
    We barely or not at all decorate for Christmas any more, either. No little kids here, so I just enjoy my daughter’s tree and decorations at her house.
    Happy start to your weekend! <3

December 14, 2018 at 4:14 pm

We get older and this sometimes goes by the wayside. We don’t have everyone over anymore either, so we would be decorating just for the two of us. I don’t think so. Happy weekend to you too, Barbara. πŸ™‚

36. December 14, 2018 at 4:55 pm

We luv Christmas too. And, borin’ is sometimes really good. X’citement’s not all it’ cracked up to be. MOL Big hugs

Luv ya’

Dezi and Raena

December 15, 2018 at 7:21 am

And all that work if you do it right. We like quiet and easy anymore. Luv ya back. πŸ™‚

37. KB
    December 14, 2018 at 5:25 pm

A feline Santa Paws! Wonderful!

December 15, 2018 at 7:21 am

My kind of Santa. Have a great weekend. πŸ™‚

38. December 14, 2018 at 11:34 pm

aw….. Miow is making me feel Chrismassy.

Happy weekend to you

December 15, 2018 at 7:24 am

Good, as it should be. Happy weekend to you too. πŸ™‚

39. December 15, 2018 at 11:47 am

That is a beautiful Christmas kitty photo! I wish that I could get these to sit still long enough for a clear photo. πŸ™‚

Boring is good. We’re boring, too. haha Our windows definitely need a good cleaning. There are wasps nests and spiders in all of them. We get rid of one nest and turn back around, and there’s a new one.

Have a blessed weekend!

December 15, 2018 at 3:39 pm

You can’t win with the critters. We’ve learned that. We live next door to clean freaks. Everything they have is clean. They even empty out their garage every six months and clean it too. Exhausting. You have a blessed weekend too. πŸ™‚

• December 15, 2018 at 9:35 pm

You’ve got that right; you can’t win with critters. I think the tagline for Texas should be “Spider Capital of the World!”

Our garage hasn’t been emptied out since we moved in – 14 years ago. I’m working on it now, but yes, exhausting. I can’t imagine doing this every 6 months.
        Thank you. πŸ™‚

40. December 15, 2018 at 12:43 pm

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend ~ love and hugs, from me and Ms. Z ^_^ <3

Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

December 15, 2018 at 3:40 pm

We are having a most wonderful and quiet weekend. We’re home in the warmth of our home. Love and hugs to you both. πŸ™‚

41. December 15, 2018 at 2:47 pm

Santa Claws is pretty freaking cute! 😻

December 15, 2018 at 3:41 pm

He sure is and I’m pretty sure he knows it. πŸ™‚

42. December 15, 2018 at 3:22 pm

I wonder if they’re photoshopped the hat & bow? Otherwise this is a very patient, gentle kittykat because mine would sooner take my hands and face off with his claws & teeth than let me put a hat on him.
    I need to clean the blinds, too, but they’re incredibly difficult to clean even with the ‘blind’ dusters, you can never quite rid them of dust. Hope you’re having a lovely weekend =]
    Caz xx

December 15, 2018 at 3:44 pm

They could be photoshopped. Some kitties will play dress up and most won’t. I’ve never had a kitty that allowed dress up. You have a lovely weekend too. πŸ™‚

43. meowmeowmans
    December 15, 2018 at 9:11 pm

That’s so cute. Our cats don’t really tolerate hats, so we just photoshop stuff on their photos. πŸ™‚

Thank you for hosting, Sandee. Big hugs!

December 16, 2018 at 6:49 am

That’s probably how my shot came about. I’ve never had a kitty or a pup that liked dress up. πŸ™‚

44. MNL
    December 16, 2018 at 5:12 am

Oh, so adorable! The perfect Christmas kitty

December 16, 2018 at 6:50 am

I thought so too. I so love felines. πŸ™‚

• MNL
        December 16, 2018 at 7:45 am

Me too … and canines, and deer, and … a lot of furry animals (especially when they are small and cute and relatively harmless — can’t say I want to meet mama bear anytime soon, lol)

45. December 16, 2018 at 6:05 am

Consistent and stable is not boring. πŸ™‚ The cat looks a lot like ours, though I suspect she wouldn’t like a hat on her. πŸ˜‰

1 – I really need to _get my hair done__________.
    2 – My favorite Christmas (or Hanukkah) decoration is ___the Nativity____.
    3 – It’s beginning to look a lot like _Christmas :)___________.
    4 – This time of year, I eat my fair share of __cookies!________.

December 16, 2018 at 6:52 am

I guess you’re right about consistent and stable not being boring. We are happy and that’s all that matters.

I just got my hair done last Thursday. It was getting pretty bushy.
      The Nativity is the most accurate when depicting Christmas.
      Yes, it does look like Christmas all over the place, just not at our house.
      I’ve not had any Christmas cookies or candy. That’s a good thing. πŸ™‚

46. December 16, 2018 at 9:21 am

I had difficulty getting into your site Friday but it seems okay now. Maybe on my end. That is one festive kitty.

December 16, 2018 at 10:07 am

I think these blogs have burps at times. I don’t have a clue. I keep my plugins up to date so I don’t have a clue, Eugenia. πŸ™‚

47. December 16, 2018 at 12:11 pm

Hope you are having delightful weekend ~ ^_^

Happy Day to you,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

December 16, 2018 at 1:11 pm

We are, Carol. Nice and quiet and it’s warm inside. Happy day to you and Ms. Zoe. πŸ™‚

48. Jen
    December 18, 2018 at 7:03 am

Oh your restraint! There are so many good things to eat right now. I am trying to be careful though πŸ™‚

December 18, 2018 at 7:14 am

When you’re our ages you pay for eating those things. We’ve decided it’s not worth being sick. I would love to indulge. πŸ™‚

49. L.M.G. Miller
    December 18, 2018 at 9:08 am

What an adorably festive kitty! And thank you for joining in on the Friendly Fill-Ins! You just reminded me how long it’s been since I cleaned my windows and blinds. That’s a scary thought. I really need to get on top of that. And I’m a lot like you when it comes to food during the holiday season. Though I used to splurge for weeks when I was younger, nowadays I mainly eat my usual goods until Christmas and the couple days surrounding it, when I let myself eat plenty of festive goodies. Merry wishes to you!

December 18, 2018 at 10:21 am

I was opening my blinds this morning and said get with the program and get these cleaned. They are terrible. Yes, the food thing really changes when we age. Very few of us can eat whatever we want without paying the price. I don’t want to pay that price. Merry wishes to you too. πŸ™‚

50. January 17, 2019 at 4:50 am

Ahh, the elusive Christmas kitty.

January 17, 2019 at 2:29 pm