Feline Friday

Feline Friday is simple to join. All you have to do is:

Post a picture, drawing, cartoon or video of a cat (They may be silly or cute).

Add your link to the Linky Tools v2.0 and then follow the get the code link so we’ll have the same links.

Friendly Fill-ins

Each Thursday Ellen of 15andmeowing and Lorianne of Four-Legged Furballs, provide Friendly Fill-in questions.

Ellen came up with the first two questions and Lorianne came up with the last two questions.

If you need help, please let either Ellen or Lorianne know.

Here are this weeks questions:
1 – I really need to ___________.
2 – My favorite Christmas (or Hanukkah) decoration is _______.
3 – It’s beginning to look a lot like ____________.
4 – This time of year, I eat my fair share of __________.

Here are my answers:
1 – I really need to clean my windows and blinds.
2 – My favorite Christmas decoration is a white Christmas tree with red decorations.
3 – It’s beginning to look a lot like any other day of the year. We don’t decorate anymore and you won’t find one thing that says Christmas in our home. We do love Christmas though.
4 – This time of year, I eat my fair share of what I eat the rest of the year. We will have Christmas dinner in the early afternoon and that’s the only time we’ll splurge a bit. Okay we’re pretty boring.

1. Feline Friday 2. Memories Eric & Flynn 3. messymimi’s meanderings
49. Jan

What is a blog hop?
Get the code here…

104 thoughts on “Feline Friday

1. Memories of Eric and Flynn says:

That’s a cute kitty!
    We don’t decorate either now because really we did it for Eric and Flynn. Now it is only the two of us we are going to a hotel over the Christmas period. We did it last year for the first time and had a wonderful time. (Last year’s photos are on the Holiday Photos blog).
    I have added your Linkys List to my post.

• Sandee says:

Thanks for playing along. I’m glad I found some linkies that work. You’re more than welcome to include the linkies in your post. It’s nice to have you.

What a fun thing to do for Christmas. I’ll go check out your photos. πŸ™‚

• Sandee says:

I can remember being able to eat anything I wanted, but now more. Getting old isn’t for sissies. Thanks for being such a loyal participant of Feline Friday. πŸ™‚

• Sandee says:

I used to love to decorate, but I just don’t anymore. Hubby and I have a wonderful day, but you’d never know it’s Christmas. We don’t do the typical dinners anymore. πŸ™‚

2. Cathy Kennedy says:

Our Christmas decorations are meager. I hope if the Lord blessings us to get into a bigger house next year that we can put up our big Christmas tree. The tiny one is cute and works fine but I really miss seeing our 7 foot tree on display. I’d love to add to my New England Christmas village if we get moved, too. That’d be so pAwesome! If you can keep the eating down this time of year then my hat is off to you, my friend because it’s sure hard to work those pounds off! Have a joyful Christmas season and I’m sorry for not being around so much in recent months!

• Sandee says:

I don’t intend to gain any weight this Christmas/New Years. I didn’t last year and I’m going to do it again. You’re right, it’s too hard to get back off. I hope you get that bigger house this coming year. Enjoy your time off. πŸ™‚

3. 15andmeowing says:

That is a cute kitty. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. You are definitely not boring! I need to clean some windows too πŸ™‚ Have a nice weekend! XO

4. DrillerAA says:

“I’m the cat that’s in charge of the naughty list.”
    I really need to finish my Christmas shopping. I think I’m just a couple of gifts from being done.
    My favorite Christmas decoration is the small tree in the den with picture ornaments of the grandcrew.
    It’s been looking like Christmas around our house since the day after Thanksgiving. It is the best time of year.
    This time of year I eat my fair share of desserts. Then, it back to the diet, back to the gym, and back to our version of normal.

5. Cecilia Upchurch says:

I’m smiling big time.
    Last year we had all new windows installed. Easy maintenance with the pane in between the glass and if you are a contortionist you can pop them out clean both sides from inside. However our ceilings down stairs are 9′ all the windows are about 6′ tall very awkward to handle to pop out to clean the outside. LOL
    Hugs Cecilia

• Sandee says:

I just watched a video on how to clean those windows. I think we’ll get those when we redo our windows. I love that idea. I think this would work great on all our windows. I don’t have tall windows like you do. πŸ™‚

6. nancy chan says:

Kitty ready for Christmas! There are many things I need to clean in my house. I don’t get things done as fast as i used to. I love Christmas but I don’t decorate too because there is too much to put away once the festive season is over. Our Christmas meal is simple, usually home cooked because most restaurants will be crowded. Have a beautiful weekend!

• Sandee says:

We always stay at home for Christmas. Must nicer. I too have noticed that the older I get the less I want to do this stuff. I can do very little at a time as well. You have a beautiful weekend too, Nancy. πŸ™‚

7. kittiesblue says:

What a precious photo. I didn’t decorate two years ago when Fiona died at the beginning of December. I just didn’t have the heart. Most years I go a bit crazy though. I just love those twinkling white lights. Have to agree with #1, especially the windows! Have a terrific weekend. Thanks for linking us up. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

• Sandee says:

I hear you on losing a baby. You don’t feel like doing anything. When we decorated we did it up big. Three trees, decorations everywhere, Lights on the outside, and several displays. It was a winter wonderland. Happy weekend, Janet. Scritches to all those sweet babies. πŸ™‚

• Sandee says:

Hubby and I don’t do gifts for each other either and haven’t for years. We do for the grands only. It’s all good. I don’t miss all the decorating either. It’s beautiful, but I’m not doing it. πŸ™‚

8. debsrandomwritings says:

Hi Sandee, that cat does not ook impressed!… I really need to find more time to blog. Time seems to be slipping through my fingers like sand these days… The tree has to be my favourite decoration even though it’s technically not one decoration… It’s beginning to look a lot like I won’t be able to cook our Christmas in advance (that will teach me for downlsizing our freezer!)…This time of year I eat my fair share of mince pies!… If you enjoy a quiet Christmas there’s nothing wrong with that. It doesn’t make you boring, it make s you, you.

xx

• Sandee says:

Yes it makes us, us. I like that. We enjoy the way we do things so it’s all good. I’m sorry you can’t prepare things ahead of time. It is nice when you have freezer space, but if you only use it once a year then downsizing is a good thing. Saves money. πŸ™‚

9. Marti says:

That cat doesn’t look happy about his Christmas hat. But he is putting up with it, which is more than Buddy would do. I usually love decorating for Christmas, but must admit, it’s easy to start the new year without having to take down a lot of decorations.

• Sandee says:

Yes the cat is dealing with the hat very nicely. I used to love to decorate. Hubby would bring in box after box of things the day after Thanksgiving and I’d spend the next three or four days putting everything up. I love every minute. πŸ™‚

10. Linda Arthur Tejera says:

Cute kitty! This is the first Christmas in years that we’ve done a tree and any decorations. We stopped years ago when the cats destroyed so much. But now that they’re older they seem to have mellowed and are allowing us to have a small tree! 😹

11. The OP Pack says:

Santa Kitty – you are so cute.

And our windows are really needing to be cleaned too, but Mom says somePups manage to make them messy very quickly with our snooters.

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

12. ghostmmnc says:

A very Merry Christmas kitty, all dressed up for the holidays!
    We barely or not at all decorate for Christmas any more, either. No little kids here, so I just enjoy my daughter’s tree and decorations at her house.
    Happy start to your weekend! <3

• Sandee says:

We get older and this sometimes goes by the wayside. We don’t have everyone over anymore either, so we would be decorating just for the two of us. I don’t think so. Happy weekend to you too, Barbara. πŸ™‚

13. Suzanne Gunter McClendon says:

That is a beautiful Christmas kitty photo! I wish that I could get these to sit still long enough for a clear photo. πŸ™‚

Boring is good. We’re boring, too. haha Our windows definitely need a good cleaning. There are wasps nests and spiders in all of them. We get rid of one nest and turn back around, and there’s a new one.

Have a blessed weekend!

• Sandee says:

You can’t win with the critters. We’ve learned that. We live next door to clean freaks. Everything they have is clean. They even empty out their garage every six months and clean it too. Exhausting. You have a blessed weekend too. πŸ™‚

• Suzanne Gunter McClendon says:

You’ve got that right; you can’t win with critters. I think the tagline for Texas should be “Spider Capital of the World!”

Our garage hasn’t been emptied out since we moved in – 14 years ago. I’m working on it now, but yes, exhausting. I can’t imagine doing this every 6 months.
        Thank you. πŸ™‚

14. Invisibly Me says:

I wonder if they’re photoshopped the hat & bow? Otherwise this is a very patient, gentle kittykat because mine would sooner take my hands and face off with his claws & teeth than let me put a hat on him.
    I need to clean the blinds, too, but they’re incredibly difficult to clean even with the ‘blind’ dusters, you can never quite rid them of dust. Hope you’re having a lovely weekend =]
    Caz xx

• Sandee says:

They could be photoshopped. Some kitties will play dress up and most won’t. I’ve never had a kitty that allowed dress up. You have a lovely weekend too. πŸ™‚

15. meowmeowmans says:

That’s so cute. Our cats don’t really tolerate hats, so we just photoshop stuff on their photos. πŸ™‚

Thank you for hosting, Sandee. Big hugs!

16. Rose A (@mail4rosey) says:

Consistent and stable is not boring. πŸ™‚ The cat looks a lot like ours, though I suspect she wouldn’t like a hat on her. πŸ˜‰

1 – I really need to _get my hair done__________.
    2 – My favorite Christmas (or Hanukkah) decoration is ___the Nativity____.
    3 – It’s beginning to look a lot like _Christmas :)___________.
    4 – This time of year, I eat my fair share of __cookies!________.

• Sandee says:

I guess you’re right about consistent and stable not being boring. We are happy and that’s all that matters.

I just got my hair done last Thursday. It was getting pretty bushy.
      The Nativity is the most accurate when depicting Christmas.
      Yes, it does look like Christmas all over the place, just not at our house.
      I’ve not had any Christmas cookies or candy. That’s a good thing. πŸ™‚

17. L.M.G. Miller says:

What an adorably festive kitty! And thank you for joining in on the Friendly Fill-Ins! You just reminded me how long it’s been since I cleaned my windows and blinds. That’s a scary thought. I really need to get on top of that. And I’m a lot like you when it comes to food during the holiday season. Though I used to splurge for weeks when I was younger, nowadays I mainly eat my usual goods until Christmas and the couple days surrounding it, when I let myself eat plenty of festive goodies. Merry wishes to you!

• Sandee says:

I was opening my blinds this morning and said get with the program and get these cleaned. They are terrible. Yes, the food thing really changes when we age. Very few of us can eat whatever we want without paying the price. I don’t want to pay that price. Merry wishes to you too. πŸ™‚