Thankful Thursday

It’s Thankful Thursday hosted by Brian of Brian’s Home. He wants us to post what we’re thankful for. I think it’s a good thing to do each week. Focus on the positive things in our lives.

Make sure you link up to the Blog Hop at Brian’s Home and get the code to put on your blog. Then visit all the participants.

Today I’m thankful that all our Christmas shopping is done. We only buy for the grand-babies and give money to those folks that take care of us all year. People like our hair stylists, my manicure and pedicure gal that has been taking care of me for years, and even my dental hygienists who has been caring for my teeth for 25+ years. We value their service all year long and want them to know that.

I’m thankful that soon we’ll take all the gifts to my great granddaughter. She does a list each November so Grandpa and I have lots of time to find everything. Next year there will be two more greats to buy for. We are looking forward to their arrival in February.

I’m thankful that hubby and I take the time to be thankful. We often talk about what we are thankful for and especially during this time of year.

What are you thankful for today?

44 comments for “Thankful Thursday

1. RR
    December 6, 2018 at 1:50 am

I’m thankful for all my friends who make life interesting for me!

December 6, 2018 at 8:31 am

Friends are indeed precious. I love mine too. πŸ™‚

2. December 6, 2018 at 1:51 am

How nice to have the shopping done. When I was buying for the kids I hated being out this time of year trying to shop.
    Today I’m thankful for snow boots and warm coats.

December 6, 2018 at 8:30 am

I like to have everything done before Thanksgiving. Shopping after that is horrible. πŸ™‚

3. December 6, 2018 at 4:00 am

I am thankful for friends, a roof over my head, enough food to eat, a heater that works, my family. ((Hugs))

December 6, 2018 at 8:30 am

I’m thankful for all those things too, Michelle. πŸ™‚

4. December 6, 2018 at 5:54 am

It’s wonderful having lots to be thankful for indeed! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

December 6, 2018 at 8:29 am

I love your Thankful Thursday blog hop. Reflection is a wonderful thing. πŸ™‚

5. December 6, 2018 at 7:07 am

I’m thankful for my cozy apartment and fireplace! β˜•οΈ

December 6, 2018 at 8:29 am

Those are very good things to be thankful for, Eugenia. πŸ™‚

• December 7, 2018 at 7:58 am

πŸ˜‰

December 7, 2018 at 10:47 am

We are thankful every day of the year, but this is a very special time to give back. πŸ™‚

6. December 6, 2018 at 7:14 am

I am thankful for having a knack in cookie decorating.

December 6, 2018 at 8:28 am

I wish I did. My baking is pretty sad. πŸ™‚

7. December 6, 2018 at 7:30 am

Very very Thankful for all those folks in our daily lives who keep us beautiful and everything in working order.
    2 grandbabies in February congratulations in advance.
    Hugs Cecilia

December 6, 2018 at 8:27 am

I can’t wait for the new grand-babies. My granddaughter is taking it very easy. πŸ™‚

8. December 6, 2018 at 8:20 am

Great thankfuls to have! My thankful is much smaller today; thankful that it was ‘warm’ enough so The ‘O’ Cats could have wet food without it freezing solid while they ate!

December 6, 2018 at 8:27 am

Being thankful is the ticket. I love Thankful Thursday because they make you reflect on the good things in your life. πŸ™‚

9. December 6, 2018 at 8:27 am

You have such a good heart. ~hugs~ I’m thankful for getting my Christmas tree up this year. Happy Holidays!

December 6, 2018 at 8:34 am

I try to always have a good heart. Merry Christmas. πŸ™‚

10. December 6, 2018 at 9:09 am

Sandee, we are so thankful for you and Zane. We are thankful for the roof over our heads and good food to eat. And at the moment, heat in the house. Sandee, you and Zane have a fabulous day.

December 6, 2018 at 9:10 am

I’m very thankful for you and your kitties. Smoke and Joe too. You’ve given both of us much pleasure. You have a fabulous day too, my friend. πŸ™‚

11. December 6, 2018 at 9:38 am

LOVE your thankful list! Oh no! I never get the dental hygienist anything…now I feel guilty! I got the postal carrier, my hairdresser……I already did the shopping for our granddaughter (had to control myself lol)…..we are actually exchanging gifts on Christmas instead of Chanukah because Chanukah was too early this year. I just have to get my step daughters the rest of their gifts, and I am sending something to our Vet on the 20th……..(have to space things out!) lol

December 6, 2018 at 10:14 am

I hear you. There are so many that take care of us all year. We always want them to know how much that means to us. I think sometimes we don’t pay enough attention to all the wonderful people that help us with things throughout the year. πŸ™‚

12. December 6, 2018 at 1:08 pm

Congrats on being ready and for the new arrivals in the New Year. Happy ‘howlidays.’

December 6, 2018 at 2:51 pm

We usually get our shopping done prior to Thanksgiving. The stores here are packed until a few days after Christmas. I can’t wait for the new babies. πŸ™‚

• December 6, 2018 at 2:52 pm

Good for you. I try to start early but this year got away from me.

13. December 6, 2018 at 1:21 pm

I have much to be thankful for in spite of the recent death of our 2003 Camry. I’m thankful we found a replacement car (2019 Avalon) quickly which give God total credit for pulling together and I’m doubly thankful to learn that the fix for our β€˜03 Camry while expensive is something we can manage. This will give us a second working vehicle and DH plans to use it for driving to the office. I’m thankful to have some time to spend with DH for the next several days. I’m always thankful that God loves me so much that He sent His son to this world. ☺️

December 6, 2018 at 2:53 pm

I love it when things work out too. Cars are such necessities aren’t they. Unless you live close to work and shopping you need a car. Jesus is the reason for the season. πŸ™‚

14. Rhonda Albom
    December 6, 2018 at 2:42 pm

Great that you got your holiday shopping done. That must be a big relief.

December 6, 2018 at 2:54 pm

It is. You’d have to drag me to the mall after Thanksgiving. Horrible. Wall to wall people. πŸ™‚

15. December 6, 2018 at 2:50 pm

Good things to be thankful for!
    I’m thankful that we’ve got everything ready in case of a winter snow/ice storm this weekend.
    Happy Thursday! <3

December 6, 2018 at 2:55 pm

I’m glad we don’t live in snow country. I wouldn’t like it. Happy Thursday to you too. πŸ™‚

16. December 6, 2018 at 2:52 pm

What a blessing to be done shopping! Right now i am thankful today was a shorter work day than yesterday, and that someone very kindly gave us some grapefruit.

December 6, 2018 at 2:56 pm

Grapefruit is ever so good. I love all fruits. I’m glad your day was better than yesterday. πŸ™‚

17. December 6, 2018 at 5:17 pm

I’m thankful that my shot is over and so far my back feels wonderful, but my leg isn’t doing so hot… the pain & numbness has moved up to the thigh… sigh…. bummer. I had the shot today and my anesthetic wasn’t working right away & I don’t think my doctor knew, but I could see him in this round little mirror they had & he motioned to the anesthesiologist like give her more and POOF! I was cuttin’ those zzzzzzzz!!! hahahaha!!! Well, as I said I’m thankful for a pain free back! WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!! Somebody tell the Lord about my leg would ja!!!!! HUGS!!!! Ohhhh congrats on getting done with your shopping! Our shopping isn’t going to be quite as big this year as hubby has been laid off so much this year! πŸ™ But we’ll be all together so that’s all that counts!!!

December 7, 2018 at 11:02 am

I wish they could find out what is wrong with your leg. Stay on them my friend. It’s not right one bit. Love you sweetie. πŸ™‚

December 6, 2018 at 5:57 pm

Wonderful things to be thankful. How exciting to be expecting 2 more great ones πŸ™‚

December 7, 2018 at 11:03 am

She’s having some serious pregnancy issues, but she’s taking it easy. No more babies for her. She’s so ready to deliver these babies. πŸ™‚

19. KB
    December 6, 2018 at 6:56 pm

I am so happy for you that you’ll have two more greats very soon! I am thankful for my family most of all.

December 7, 2018 at 11:04 am

Yes, family is the very best of all. Okay your pups are a good thing too. πŸ™‚

20. December 7, 2018 at 12:48 pm

It’s so important to be thankful. No matter how bad things might be, there is always a reason to be thankful. Just being alive is a good reason.

21. Jen
    December 8, 2018 at 8:20 pm

Two more greats?! How fun is that, and an upcoming gift delivery/visit, that all sounds fun!

December 9, 2018 at 6:26 am

She’s having a very difficult pregnancy though. Tired all the time and losing weight. The doctors are monitoring her very closely. Oh and she’s sick all the time. πŸ™‚