WordPress is Amazing

I’ve been on WordPress less than a week and I can’t tell you how much I love WordPress. Things are so much easier to do here than on blogger. Here’s a few examples:

When I first moved over here I had a few issues. It was just getting used to the new way of doing things. The one thing I wanted to do was have all my awards on my menu bar. They just didn’t look right after I moved here, so I searched for creating a gallery. Here’s what I found: How to Create an Image Gallery in WordPress.

When I set up all these awards in blogger I did them one at a time after I resized each one of them. On WordPress you don’t have to do that. I saved all my awards on my desktop and then highlighted them and dumped them into my gallery, after choosing the thumbnail size. They started uploading until they were done. All 110 at the same time. I hit publish and I was done. I can do in a few minutes what took me hours in Blogger to do.

The commenting system is hands down miles ahead of Blogger commenting system.

The drag and drop photographs are amazing. It will fit into your post the right way without you having to resize. Just grab a corner and it will resize while maintaining proportions. So easy.

Word Press Support is fantastic.

There are plugins for tons of cool stuff.

I use Mr. Linky’s Magical Widgets. There is a plugin for that and I can set up my links from the bottom of my post. Don’t even have to visit Mr. Linky’s site. I really love that option.

All this and I’ve not even been here a week. Imagine what I’ll find out next week!

I should have moved here long ago.

If you use WordPress what do you love about this system?

Image Credits: Click on image.

61 comments for “WordPress is Amazing

1. MNL
    February 3, 2018 at 12:19 am

wow, I didn’t realize that Mr. Linkys has a widget. I’m going to go download that right now

February 3, 2018 at 9:54 am

They sure do and it’s a great plugin. Save a lot of work. πŸ™‚

2. February 3, 2018 at 2:33 am

I’ve been impressed with WP as well. I’ve been toying with the idea of changing The Cynical Sailor over to WP, but it does seem like a lot of work. Something to think about.

February 3, 2018 at 9:57 am

Moving the blog over wasn’t difficult. You do need to redirect from your Blogspot blog to your WordPress blog so people follow you. I did notice my post categories were all changed to uncatagorized. That was my biggest issue. πŸ™‚

3. February 3, 2018 at 3:08 am

It’s hard for me to say what I like about WP over another CMS. I’ve been with it since day one. I do like all the plugins – I can usually find something to do what I need.

February 3, 2018 at 9:58 am

That’s what I’m finding out too, Rhonda. I should have done this years ago. πŸ™‚

February 3, 2018 at 3:20 am

Glad you’re happy with the move. I’m loving all the adorable animal pictures that come up in your header

February 3, 2018 at 9:58 am

I thought that was the coolest feature of all. Never the same old header. πŸ™‚

5. February 3, 2018 at 3:57 am

Glad to hear you are so happy with Word Press. Maybe I should try it. Your blog does look fantastic, Sandee. Anyway, Sandee and Zane, you all have one great Saturday.

February 3, 2018 at 9:59 am

It’s a bit of a learning curve, but it was so worth it for me. You have a great Saturday too, my friend. πŸ™‚

6. February 3, 2018 at 5:02 am

If I ever get time to sit down and really learn it, I might switch over too. I am very happy to hear you love it! Encourages me to consider it even more.

February 3, 2018 at 10:00 am

You do a lot more things on your blog than I do. I’m guessing it would served you well. πŸ™‚

7. February 3, 2018 at 7:05 am

I would love to find out more. Just don’t seems to find the time to do so.

February 3, 2018 at 10:00 am

It is a learning curve and your blog is very nice as it is. πŸ™‚

February 3, 2018 at 7:19 am

WordPress is great, but I have nothing to compare it to because I started with it in 2014.I am glad you are loving it.:)

February 7, 2018 at 10:58 am

WordPress is miles ahead of Blogger. πŸ™‚

February 3, 2018 at 7:20 am

I love wordpress, but I have nothing to compare it to because that is what I started with in 2014. I am glad you are loving it πŸ™‚

February 7, 2018 at 10:59 am

I am loving it. I’m so happy I switched. :_

10. February 3, 2018 at 7:41 am

oh my goodness! when I have time I’ll be switching!

February 7, 2018 at 10:59 am

You will love it, Kathe. πŸ™‚

11. February 3, 2018 at 7:44 am

Your blog looks wonderful, easy to get around, and feels comfortable like home… πŸ™‚ I have been on WP since 2011 and I just learned three great things from you. I agree about the commenting system, especially between WP blogs. I love the ease of getting a post up. I love everything about WordPress except for right now my notification button is misbehaving. I know if I give it a few days it will straighten out. I am an inconsistent blogger, but WP can’t fix that… Ha! Welcome to WordPress and I enjoy your blog!

February 3, 2018 at 10:01 am

Thanks so much for your wonderful comment. I’m enjoying WP very much. πŸ™‚

12. February 3, 2018 at 8:07 am

Congrats on making the move over to WordPress. I wish you the best. If you get into trouble and want to learn more about WordPress you can take Blogging courses over at the Daily Post which is free. I took 3 courses. The Forums and Support is helpful.

February 7, 2018 at 11:03 am

Thanks, Crystal. I may do the courses. Not having too many issues though and I’m forever grateful for that. πŸ™‚

• February 7, 2018 at 11:23 am

That’s good. Have a great day.

February 8, 2018 at 6:38 am

You have a great day too. πŸ™‚

13. woodsterman
    February 3, 2018 at 9:29 am

Hummm, it’s something to think about. I already own “woodsterman dot com.”

February 3, 2018 at 10:09 am

I’m guessing moving to WP isn’t for everyone, but it worked for me. πŸ™‚

14. February 3, 2018 at 10:43 am

I first tried WP before deciding on Blogger.
    This was a long time ago πŸ™‚

I am glad to hear WP is more functional now.
    Maybe I will come back to WP, one day.

God bless your weekend, Sandee!!

February 7, 2018 at 11:05 am

I tired it a long time ago too, but it was too much of a learning curve. Now it’s working for me just fine.

God bless you, my friend. πŸ™‚

15. February 3, 2018 at 11:12 am

Hi Sandee, I sure love your new blog. I was able to download Mr. Linky. I have thought of moving both blogs too. DO you think I could handle it? So un-tech knowledgeable. Plus I can’t write or spell today. Hunger pains! Waiting on two goofy daughters so we can go checkout the 5280 Burger Bar downtown.The hubby and son and SIL’s are heading to our oldest sons house. Poker Game before the baby arrives. Must buy diapers for Brody to get into the game! That boy of ours is so darn clever. LOL! Blogger and google are so unfriendly.

February 3, 2018 at 11:16 am

It’s more difficult to use, but you’ll get used to the system. Sounds like you have a fun afternoon in the works. Good for you. πŸ™‚

16. February 3, 2018 at 1:16 pm

I moved over to wordpress briefly, but after a month or two, I realized that I liked blogger better. However, you are right about the comments – except that wordpress doesn’t really like blogger (and vise versa). I had to jump through hoops to be able to comment on wordpress blogs. It’s not a big deal now, but I have another blog on blogger and I can’t comment on wordpress when I’m signed into it. I need to find out how I got around that before.

February 3, 2018 at 1:49 pm

I felt the same for many years so I stayed with Blogger. Blogger has been having some issues of late and many got tired of dealing with them. Some couldn’t upload photographs for the posts, some had other issues. I had comment posting issues. It would take up to a minute or more for my comment to post. I don’t know about the sign in issues. I’ve had a WordPress account for years so I could leave comments on other WordPress blogs. πŸ™‚

17. February 3, 2018 at 1:57 pm

Ok you know I am nuts…ready for this? I LOVE reading your blog on WordPress and others, but I do not like WordPress (you know Dakota’s blog is there)…..I find Blogger to be easier for me to use……..but I love reading the WordPress blogs!

February 3, 2018 at 3:08 pm

WordPress is more difficult to learn, but once you do you can do so much and in such a small amount of time compared to Blogger. Like all my awards. It took me forever to do in blogger, and just a few minutes in WordPress. You are not nuts. πŸ™‚

18. February 3, 2018 at 2:25 pm

WordPress is great but I didn’t know about Mr linky. I may need some help.

Jean

February 3, 2018 at 3:10 pm

It’s pretty easy to do, and if you need help Mr. Linky has great customer service. They can walk you right through the plugin set up. πŸ™‚

19. February 3, 2018 at 3:34 pm

It is taking me some getting used to, and i have no idea how to resize pictures yet. Eventually.

February 3, 2018 at 3:59 pm

Grab the corner and pull to enlarge. There are tons of forums and WP help sites so just type in what you want to do and you’ll find many sites with the information you need. Here’s a site I’ve used quite a bit: WordPress Beginner. πŸ™‚

20. February 3, 2018 at 4:00 pm

Welcome to WordPress and I love the looks of your new blog. Watch for Tuesday Chatter Weekly, this coming Tuesday. I am including the link to your blog in my post.

February 3, 2018 at 4:01 pm

I’ll be on the lookout on Tuesday. I can’t wait to see what you’re linking me for. πŸ™‚

21. February 4, 2018 at 7:28 am

I keep getting Internal 500 Error on your site and I can’t comment. πŸ™

February 4, 2018 at 8:15 am

I got rid of the redirect, perhaps that will solve the problem. I hope so. πŸ™‚

• February 4, 2018 at 9:30 am

Okay. I’ll do a test comment. πŸ™‚

February 4, 2018 at 9:56 am

Well, it looks like it worked just fine. Love it. I’d hate it if folks can’t comment. I also deactivated the most resent plugins. πŸ™‚

22. February 4, 2018 at 7:29 am

I can comment here in the reader tho soooo… I was just trying to comment how great your site looks and how much I LOVE it! Very nice, Sandee. πŸ™‚

February 4, 2018 at 8:17 am

Try again, since I removed the redirect. If it doesn’t work I’ll get in touch with WP help desk. πŸ™‚

23. Pam
    February 4, 2018 at 7:53 am

Glad you are enjoying the move over.

February 4, 2018 at 8:17 am

Thanks, Pam. It’s been lots of fun setting this site up. πŸ™‚

24. February 4, 2018 at 8:39 am

Like I mentioned before I do have a WordPress account but haven’t worked with it enough to figure out how things work properly yet, I would consider moving over but not until I get comfortable with the formatting at least, I really like the way your header works, my header images may appear to be changing on blogger but that’s just me playing with pictures lol.

Your page looks great by the way

February 4, 2018 at 8:48 am

I just love WordPress. I remember years ago trying to use WordPress and it was so advanced I couldn’t figure most of it out. I’ve grown a lot since then and it’s pretty easy to use now. There are so many resources to help with WordPress. πŸ™‚

25. February 4, 2018 at 2:23 pm

We love WordPress. We went to Blogger with Nellie’s last blog. And with Marv’s we are back on WordPress. What can I say…There are benefits to both, but I do find that I prefer WordPress.
    Barb

February 4, 2018 at 2:56 pm

I can see why people love WordPress so much. I had no idea how much better WordPress is. I am not trashing blogger, but WordPress is where I’m staying. πŸ™‚

26. February 4, 2018 at 9:18 pm

Are you using the free version and templates or one of the subscription versions of WP?

February 5, 2018 at 5:20 am

I have the business plan. I’ve got all the whistles and bells. I needed the linky function since I do so many memes. πŸ™‚

27. February 5, 2018 at 12:18 pm

I’m glad you’re having a good time with WP. There are so many themes and plugins that you can make it look and function just about any way you want.

February 5, 2018 at 12:23 pm

I am, but I’ve a lot to learn. It’s fun though. I’m loving all aspects of WordPress. πŸ™‚

28. February 6, 2018 at 6:22 am

Hi Sandee, welcome to your new home! WordPress is fab. I too started out on Blogger, but it only took me two weeks to get frustrated enough to move to WP and I’ve never looked back. I do like the new look of your blog too. Very nice.

xx

February 6, 2018 at 6:30 am

I’m loving WordPress. I’m not looking back either. This is so much better. Thanks for the kudos. πŸ™‚