Sparks

Annie of McGuffy’s Reader is hosting Sparks, an inspirational and positive thought for the week link-up, every Monday.

“The negative energy in the world has become thick and oppressive. Social media has become a part of this dark, negative storm. There is an obvious universal need for more positive energy. And, we can all be part of this affirmative change.” ~ McGuffy Ann Morris

All who affirm the use of violence admit it is only a means to achieve justice and peace. But peace and justice are nonviolence…the final end of history. Those who abandon nonviolence have no sense of history. Rather they are bypassing history, freezing history, betraying history. Credit: Wisdom Quotes

Sparks Participants

15. Canadian Cats
16. Ida P. Krause
17. Peripheral Perceptions
18. Patricia’s Place
19. Thoughts
20. Gratefulness Sparks

Learn more about Sparks here.
Get The Code

Powered by… Mister Linky’s Magical Widgets.

12 comments for “Sparks

1. November 20, 2017 at 6:37 am

Well said!

• November 20, 2017 at 3:36 pm

I guess I'm just tired of all the violence. Okay, there isn't any guessing about it. πŸ™‚

2. November 20, 2017 at 7:08 am

There are a lot of sadists so I disagree.

• November 20, 2017 at 3:36 pm

There are, but we have to start somewhere. πŸ™‚

3. November 20, 2017 at 9:46 am

Kismet has a point, but past US politicians with their proxy wars sure fit this description. Have a blessed day!

• November 20, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Yes it does, Darla. We can dream for peace. πŸ™‚

4. November 20, 2017 at 11:08 am

If we could get all our leaders to realize this, perhaps we could achieve world peace.

• November 20, 2017 at 3:36 pm

We can hope, Binky. We can hope. πŸ™‚

5. November 20, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Ah, a very thoughtful and powerful quote, my friend. Peace should always be the goal, always. When the goal is power, it will fight with itself. When the goal is ultimately peace, peace will ultimately reign. But, there will always be a price to pay. HUGS. Thank you for your powerful Sparks!

• November 21, 2017 at 7:23 am

I wish people would go for the peace part, not the power part. I'm sick of all the fighting. Thanks for doing this, Annie. It's given me new hope. Hugs back my friend. πŸ™‚

6. November 22, 2017 at 6:14 am

I, too, am tired of the violence and dissent in our world. Our history is plagued by violence in the name of peace. And, to some extent, I believe it was a necessary step to try and attain hope and peace. Unfortunately, as with most everything this side of heaven, the end goal tends to get corrupted through politics and power. This is a very insightful and thought-provoking spark.

• November 22, 2017 at 7:12 am

I think many of us are doing Sparks because of all the violence of late. I'm so tired of it too. It's setting us back from where we should be. πŸ™‚