Thankful Thursday

In the spring of 2001 we had our home built. We moved into our new home in October 2001. When we had the house built we opted to have all new appliances and chose GE Profile appliances. It was a good choice.

Our microwave decided to quit working last week and the repairman said that as old as it was it was cheaper to buy a new one than fix it for $300.00 and then have the mother board quit two months later. That part is no longer made for our model. We figured that after having this microwave for over 15 years we had gotten our moneys worth.

Then we thought about our other appliances. Our washer and dryer we worry about all the time, and quite frankly the rest of the appliances as well. We decided to go to our local appliance store and look around. Since GE has been so very good to us and their repair folks are excellent, we decided to stick with GE.

Here’s our new appliances that we chose. Hopefully they will be delivered in the next week or so.
PRO-design.jpg
GE Profile Series 28.4 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator

GE Profile Series Stainless Steel Interior Dishwasher with Hidden Controls

GE Profile Series 30″ Slide-In Front Control Gas Range with Warming Drawer

GE Profile Series 1.7 Cu. Ft. Convection Over-the-Range Microwave Oven

GEยฎ ENERGY STARยฎ 4.9 DOE cu. ft. capacity RightHeight Design Front Load Washer

GEยฎ 8.3 cu. ft. capacity RightHeight Design Front Load Dryer

Hubby and I are hoping that we get another 15 years of worry free use of our new appliances.

GE Logo: Wallpapers Junction

42 comments for “Thankful Thursday

1. December 1, 2016 at 1:23 am

Wow! 15 years is a long time. I like all the appliances you have ordered. We too need some new appliances for our home. GE is reliable.

• December 1, 2016 at 10:51 am

It is a long time and if these last as long we'll be happy. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. December 1, 2016 at 3:13 am

Wow, that will be great fun to have all new appliances. Bet you can't wait to get them delivered. Sandee, you and Zane have a most wonderful day.

• December 1, 2016 at 10:51 am

Yes, we are looking forward to all new stuff. It's been iffy with some of them. Our washer is on its last leg I'm sure. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. December 1, 2016 at 4:47 am

They look wonderful I am sure they will last ages ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a thankfultastic day Sandee ๐Ÿ™‚

• December 1, 2016 at 10:52 am

I hope they last ages Steve. It's good to have some worry free appliances. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. December 1, 2016 at 4:49 am

I agree that 15 years is adequate time for a microwave, Sandee. Mine just died after 25 years…it was a Sanyo, and worked very well, so I considered myself blessed that I had it as long as I did. New appliances are fun to shop for, and the technology has advanced, too, so I think you will get a pretty good quality of items. I wish you the best. I don't know about GE, but I have heard some pretty good things about it from friends who have appliances from the company. I absolutely love your choices and the gas range with the warmer drawer…oh, yes! Hope you have a great day, dear friend. Hugs.

• December 1, 2016 at 10:52 am

Wow, 25 years is amazing. We used ours multiple times a day. Lots of use. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. December 1, 2016 at 4:52 am

Wow! Yay you! Those are all beautiful and I bet so sparkly. ๐Ÿ™‚ 15 yrs. was a good investment. Here's to 15+ more years on this new set!

• December 1, 2016 at 10:53 am

We have cherry wood cabinets so the stainless steel and black goes really well with the darker wood. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. December 1, 2016 at 5:49 am

Wow, this made me stop and realize our appliances are now 10. Dick has had to replace a couple of parts on the Whirlpoop dishwasher, but all else is good…knock on wood! Kenmore products except for Maytag fridge. Beautiful stuff that you are getting. Long may they work.

Big hugs, honey…

• December 1, 2016 at 10:54 am

We had Kenmore before we moved, but it wasn't offered by the builder so we did the upper end GE Profile appliances. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. December 1, 2016 at 6:08 am

At the moment we are waiting for our new oven that will cost us $2000. Our old one helped us to cook over 25 years. Yes 25 years. Isn't that amazing. We were told with this new oven, we mught have 10 years with it We had new refridgerator and already the right door has broken. Things are not made like they were years ago. Oh well.

Enjoy Thursday Sandee & Zane. See ya.

• December 1, 2016 at 10:55 am

No, things aren't made like they used to be made. It's a shame, but it's a fact. Getting 25 years on your oven rocks. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. December 1, 2016 at 6:39 am

We had our house built and moved in on April 15, 2002. Our microwave went kaput three years ago, we have a new cooktop, and five years ago a new dishwasher. The new fridge gets here in 2 weeks. None of the old appliances were GE (genetically engineered).

• December 1, 2016 at 10:56 am

Wow, that's not very long is it. I hope you have better luck with the new stuff. ๐Ÿ™‚

9. December 1, 2016 at 7:37 am

Our current home is only three years old, so appliances are still in good shape.
    On another note, I'm just thankful that Samsung doesn't make pacemaker batteries. Talk about heartburn! ๐Ÿ˜€

• December 1, 2016 at 10:56 am

I so remember moving into our new home and not worrying about anything breaking down. It was a good run. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. December 1, 2016 at 8:15 am

Concats on the new appliances!!!! You have had better luck with GE than I have. I have a GE range that is 6 years old and the temp is dreadfully off. I have their microwave above it, 6 years old and the exhaust fan blew……..but the rest of it is still working so I am keeping it for a while. I DO love your new appliances though and wish you the best of luck with them! xoxoxo

• December 1, 2016 at 10:57 am

I hope they are as good as our old ones have been. ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Jan
    December 1, 2016 at 9:56 am

You are smart to replace them before they wear out. That way you can take your time and choose wisely.

• December 1, 2016 at 10:57 am

We did take our time and we already knew we wanted to stay with GE. I'm just hoping they are as good as our old ones were. ๐Ÿ™‚

12. December 1, 2016 at 10:22 am

you are doing what we did a few years back. After buying our home in 2012 and seeing the purchase dates on all the appliances ( 1998) we opted to making a few remodeling changes to enhance storage in our kitchen and at the same time replaced
    stove with a cooktop and double ovens, dishwasher, fridge and microwave. The microwave was a super find as I only needed a small one- I googled "smallest microwave in the world" and came up with the Whirlpool 0.5 cubic foot that can hold a dinner plate or large bowl! It fits perfectly in our pantry eliminating having to have it on the counter!
    Enjoy your new toys! xoxo

• December 1, 2016 at 10:58 am

Yep, having a new house also needs to have new furniture and new appliances. That's what we did and we were very happy with the results. Very happy. ๐Ÿ™‚

13. December 1, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Doing the happy dance for you! Enjoy your new appliances!

• December 1, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Thanks, it's time to do a facelift. I know it's a matter of time before we lose everything in the fridge. ๐Ÿ™‚

December 1, 2016 at 1:46 pm

Great new appliances. Everything in my house is pretty old and I keep thinking something is due to break down I just hope it's not several things all at once

• December 1, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Usually when one goes the other follow. I hate that. ๐Ÿ™‚

15. December 1, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Woo-hoo! I am jealous. You should get them to pay your for your review here. I am tagging them for you on twitter ๐Ÿ™‚ Just smile about it, K? P.S. MY stove is dying. Only one burner works, but well it is Christmas time so, maybe in the spring!

• December 2, 2016 at 7:18 am

Oh thank you Jenn. We are so excited about having new stuff. Bright stuff that works right. I've had that stove you have way back when. I hope you get a new one soon. ๐Ÿ™‚

16. December 1, 2016 at 6:37 pm

15 years is a long time these days.Very nice appliances.

• December 2, 2016 at 7:19 am

Yes it is and we're ready for new technology and brighter appliances. We didn't spend as much as we thought we would either. ๐Ÿ™‚

17. December 1, 2016 at 6:52 pm

How fun to get all new appliances at the same time! Ours has been replaced as they break with the first one beginning with the dishwasher right after we moved in, followed shortly by the stove, then the washer and so on and so forth. We're on our 3rd fridge in 13 years but hopefully if the new one is ever delivered it'll last a long time! Anyway, enjoy your new appliances!

• December 2, 2016 at 7:20 am

I sure hope you get your new fridge soon. You've waited forever for it. We'll enjoy our new appliances. ๐Ÿ™‚

18. December 1, 2016 at 8:43 pm

Your choice of GE branded appliances is very logical and sound. Pray you will have trouble-free performance in the years to come.

• December 2, 2016 at 7:20 am

That is our hope as well my friend. Trouble free works for us. ๐Ÿ™‚

19. December 2, 2016 at 12:53 am

I've had great luck with Whirlpool most of my life but just about everything is the high end Kenmore, much of which is actually made by Whirlpool or Maytag. We have all 10 appliances, including our AC/Heat) under a Sears Protection agreement. It includes all labor and parts on a single call up to $500. And if they can't fix it, they replace it. Me likey. We've had them out on our fridge and just the parts on that paid for the entire year's service. Yay. Winning.

Hooray for gas stove! I miss my gas stove.

big hugs xoxo

• December 2, 2016 at 7:22 am

We too got the extended warranty on everything. Pays to do so. It's pretty cheap insurance these days. I love a gas stove. It's what I know and love. ๐Ÿ™‚

20. December 2, 2016 at 11:12 am

They certainly look like some very nice appliances.

• December 3, 2016 at 6:31 am

I hope they are as good as the last appliances we purchased. ๐Ÿ™‚

21. December 7, 2016 at 8:21 am

Hi Sandee, someones is going to have a nicely kitted out kitchen for Christmas, and when you've had your old appliances for so long you deserve it. I was looking at our battered old fridge freezer the other day as we've had it forever, but I am quite fond of it and it still does the job.

Hope you get plenty of 'joy' out of them and that they last another fifteen years.

xx

• December 12, 2016 at 9:30 am

We had them installed last Wednesday and they are nicer than when we saw them in the store. They are amazing appliances. ๐Ÿ™‚

โ™ฅI Love Commentsโ™ฅ