RIP Deputy Dennis Wallace

Sunday morning we lost a hero. A man loved by his community. A cop that cared about his community and every person living here. He was doing the job he loved. He was executed by a thug. These killings are happening too often across this nation.

My husband and I knew this wonderful man. We worked with this wonderful man. He will be missed. May his wife and family be blessed beyond words during this horrific time of loss. Rest In Peace, Brother.

Deputy Wallace served the Stanislaus County Sheriff Department for twenty years. He was active in his community by coaching youth soccer and refereeing football. He was also active in anti-drug (DARE) and other early intervention programs in the Sheriff’s Department that involved kids. Deputy Wallace is survived by his wife Mercedes. Source: Law Enforcement Today

The thug that executed Deputy Wallace was arrested approximately 150 miles from here Sunday afternoon.

Monday we drove the streets of our small town and saw many American flags flying, along with a huge tribute in front of the Sheriff’s Office substation. There were also blue balloons all over town. Blue everywhere. It made us proud that this community is honoring this wonderful hero.

Blue Lives Matter Flag: Redbubble

50 comments for “RIP Deputy Dennis Wallace

1. November 15, 2016 at 2:44 am

Sad to hear about this Sandee. There are killings here also in our country both uniformed and civilians because of our President's war against drug and it really breaks my heart.

Sending you big hugs!

• November 15, 2016 at 2:56 pm

The bad folks riot until they get what they want. It seems to be the trend now. πŸ™‚

2. November 15, 2016 at 4:43 am

My heart breaks for his wife and the community, all of you will continue to be in my prayers.

• November 15, 2016 at 2:57 pm

We are a small and very tight knit community. This is awful for us, but most terrible for his family. πŸ™‚

3. November 15, 2016 at 4:47 am

So sad to hear this. We sure send lots of prayers to the wife. It is always terrible when an officer of the law gets killed. Sandee, you and Zane have a good day.

• November 15, 2016 at 2:57 pm

Thanks Marg, usually things like this doesn't happen like this. We are out in the sticks so to speak. πŸ™‚

4. November 15, 2016 at 5:43 am

Oh my God Sandee. What is going on with our world? I will say prayers today for Deputy Wallace and his family. Why does this continue where great people die? I don't know where to start? I worry for my former student who have decided to choose the proud work of the officers in the police force.
    I'll also say a prayer for you and Zane for being thankful they after working as officers you are still with us.

RIP Deputy Wallace.

• November 15, 2016 at 2:58 pm

Thank you Paul. Dennis was the nicest person in the world. Everyone loved him. πŸ™‚

5. November 15, 2016 at 6:07 am

I am so deeply, deeply sorry for the loss of this wonderful man, as well as dear friend of yours. The world has no respect for authority figures any longer and it is a devastating thing. I am so deeply sorry. ((((hugs)))))) and love catchatwithcarenandcody

• November 15, 2016 at 3:02 pm

The world surely doesn't have any respect anymore. This is the thin blue line between the law and anarchy. πŸ™‚

6. November 15, 2016 at 6:50 am

I share your grief for having lost a wonderful person who made his community proud. May his soul rest in peace.

• November 15, 2016 at 3:03 pm

He did make the community proud. Very much so. πŸ˜‰

7. November 15, 2016 at 7:40 am

There are some bad cops out there, we hear about them all the time. There are many, many magnificent Police Officers out there, we hardly ever hear of them except when they are taken early and unjustly. It is sad that the many good ones get so little attention. Very sorry for your…our loss.

• November 15, 2016 at 3:03 pm

I know Joe. It's a sad thing and this guy was one of the really great cops. πŸ™‚

8. November 15, 2016 at 7:48 am

I have heard about this story. So very sad. I am deeply sorry for his family and the loss of such a great man to the community he so honorably served.

• November 15, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Thanks Jen, he was a wonderful person who always had a smile on his face. Never had a bad word to say about anyone. πŸ™‚

9. November 15, 2016 at 8:10 am

I am very saddened by this, dear Sandee. Things like this happen everywhere and it hurts, and in this case, it makes it all the more personal, as you knew him. I am very sorry for your loss.

• November 15, 2016 at 3:04 pm

Yes, it is always hurtful when a law enforcement officer is murdered, but even more painful when you know the person. πŸ™‚

• November 16, 2016 at 5:21 am

My ex husband's brother in-law is an RCMP officer. He now works in embassies and his wife feels happy about this.

• November 16, 2016 at 7:08 am

Wearing a uniform is a very dangerous thing. California is a dangerous place as well. Lots of crime and gangs where I live. πŸ™‚

10. Jan
    November 15, 2016 at 8:15 am

You have written a beautiful tribute to a wonderful human being. this is happening far too often today

• November 15, 2016 at 3:05 pm

It is happening too often now. I pray this craziness ends soon. πŸ™‚

11. November 15, 2016 at 8:35 am

Mush of today's hate toward our men and women in blue can be placed directly on the doorsteps of the man who sits at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. I'm praying this will soon change. The police are indeed, that thin blue line that stands between us and chaos!

• November 15, 2016 at 3:06 pm

I agree with you on this Ron. This cop hating started with the white house and now it's just business as usual. πŸ™‚

12. November 15, 2016 at 10:12 am

That is terrible. Prayers for his family and friends.

• November 15, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Thank you Alex. This community is shaken to the core right now. πŸ™‚

13. November 15, 2016 at 11:30 am

I know it hurts more when it's someone you know, and for that I send you condolences as well as to Deputy Wallace's family. Please know that there are many in this country who didn't know Deputy Wallace, but who will silently grieve his loss and the loss of others in uniform who keep us safe every day and every night. God speed to the Wallace Family.

• November 15, 2016 at 3:07 pm

I know there are many that do care across this country. Thank you for that. πŸ™‚

14. November 15, 2016 at 12:11 pm

That is so sad.

• November 15, 2016 at 3:07 pm

Yes it is Ellen. Very sad. πŸ™‚

15. November 15, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Oh Sandee- our deepest heartfelt sympathies to you and this man's family. When will this madness end?

• November 15, 2016 at 3:08 pm

It's a new world out there. I'm not liking some of it either. πŸ™‚

16. November 15, 2016 at 2:01 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Deputy Wallace. Sending my love and sympathy.

• November 15, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Thank you so much Chelsey. πŸ™‚

November 15, 2016 at 2:29 pm

So sorry for the loss of your friend. Losing anyone is difficult but it seems so much worse when it's a senseless death like this.

• November 15, 2016 at 3:09 pm

I'm sure it wasn't senseless to the bad guy, he was just trying to get away. πŸ™‚

18. November 15, 2016 at 5:27 pm

So tragic and senseless. It's heartbreaking how much disrespect there is for others these days. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Thinking of you and Zane too.

• November 16, 2016 at 7:06 am

Thanks Sharla. You couldn't find a nicer guy than Dennis. Always a big smile and always there to help his community. He was a jewel. πŸ™‚

19. November 16, 2016 at 5:36 am

A senseless killing of a beloved man doing his job to try to keep his community safe. I am sad for his family and friends, especially you and Zane. May the perp receive every punishment he richly deserves.

Heartfelt hugs to you and Zane, honey…

• November 16, 2016 at 7:06 am

He will be a hero in jail. Cop killers always are. What a shame. πŸ™‚

20. November 16, 2016 at 6:53 am

The ignorant legislature and voters of California have now passed a ballot measure to allow more of these wonderful upright citizens to go free. This is exactly why morons should not be allowed to legislate or to vote. God bless this officer's family, and all of the officers and their families who serve our communities everyday attempting to put scum like this murderer behind bars.

Stop the madness! Keep felons behind bars without parole…..no exceptions!

• November 16, 2016 at 7:07 am

California is indeed lost. The coastal folks decide what the rest of us get. They don't have a clue about any of the rest of us, nor do they care. πŸ™‚

21. November 16, 2016 at 2:44 pm

That is terrible. These things should never happen, but happen all too often.

• November 16, 2016 at 3:08 pm

Yes they happen all too often. And it appears it's okay with many. πŸ™‚

22. November 16, 2016 at 6:37 pm

I'm so sory to hear you lost your co-worker and friend. May he rest in peace, and may his family have some (peace) again soon too. I see your comment above. It may be okay with some, but not the majority, thank God. πŸ™

• November 17, 2016 at 6:57 am

I hope this trend will end soon. This is not acceptable. I do understand the why though. πŸ™‚

23. November 17, 2016 at 8:45 am

Sorry to hear that you lost a friend in such an awful way. It is sad when such unfair things happen.

• November 18, 2016 at 6:42 am

Two rounds to the head. The barrel of the gun was in contact with his head when he was shot. Horrific to say the least. πŸ™

24. November 18, 2016 at 6:11 am

So sorry to hear about the tragic loss of this man! Law enforcement are truly heroes .. where would we be without them?!

• November 18, 2016 at 6:43 am

There are many communities in the inner cities that don't want cops in their neighborhoods at all. That way the thugs can operate any way they want. πŸ™