Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful that hubby and I got a chance to meet Rhonda of Albom Adventures in San Francisco last Sunday evening. We had a great time. I’m not sure of the right term, but she’s a travel blogger that chronicles her travels on her blog. Her and her family have traveled to many different countries.

Here’s Rhonda and I at Zingari Ristorante on Post Street. The food was excellent and the company was even better.

I’m thankful that hubby is healing nicely and is feeling much better. He’s got another week plus and he’ll be cleared to return to his normal activities. He’s been a very good patient.

I’m thankful that I’m getting ready for another adventure. This time we’ll be traveling to Portland Oregon for the Rose Festival. During this time the International Order of the Blue Gavel will be conducting their spring regional meeting. As district director for District 19, it’s my responsibility to be in attendance. I’m looking forward to the festivities.

I’m thankful that I’m going to meet Sharla from BeadedTail and her two wonderful kitties, Angel and Isabella. We’ll be seeing them on our trip to Portland.

I’m thankful that I’m going to meet Kathe from It’s a Snap ! and her hubby Russell along with their kitty, Miss Lucy on our way back home. I love meeting bloggers and their kitties too.

I’m thankful we had the opportunity to stay at the Sir Francis Drake Hotel while visiting Rhonda and her husband. We’d never been there before and it was most elegant. Here are a few pictures. Image Sources: Easy to Book, Pinterest and Here Comes the Guide.

What are you thankful for today?

Image Credit: MiMi King

48 comments for “Thankful Thursday

1. May 26, 2016 at 3:09 am

Hooray for face to face meeting blogger friends! Glad to hear Zane is healing nicely and feeling more like his old self. big hugs (k) xoxo

• May 26, 2016 at 2:23 pm

He's doing very well. I'm so happy about it too. He that 2-3 weeks that were not very good. πŸ™‚

2. May 26, 2016 at 4:54 am

Sounds like you've had a wonderful week with lots to be thankful for. The Rose Festival was one of my favorite things when we lived in Portland. I'm thankful for my new computer which makes reading and commenting on blogs so much easier πŸ™‚

• May 26, 2016 at 2:24 pm

I've not seen the Rose Festival and am looking forward to that. I'm glad you have a new computer. πŸ™‚

3. May 26, 2016 at 5:07 am

What a lovely post love the photo of you and Rhonda :d

That hotel looked very grand nice photos and glad hubby continues to recover well, have a thankfultastic day Sandee :-d

• May 26, 2016 at 2:24 pm

It was great meeting her. The hotel was very elegant. πŸ™‚

4. May 26, 2016 at 5:19 am

I am thankful that our oldest granddaughter wanted to spend her summer with us. She is home from college and is working near by. She and Nana are spending a lot of time together doing girl stuff, but the best part is this I get a "Love you Papa" and a good night kiss every night.

• May 26, 2016 at 2:25 pm

Nothing better than good grandparents and I've always known you're good grandparents. πŸ™‚

5. May 26, 2016 at 5:37 am

That's neat that you've met so many of your blogger friends in person. That hotel looks very elegant.

• May 26, 2016 at 2:25 pm

I've lot count. I'd have to sit down and figure out how many. The hotel was most elegant. πŸ™‚

6. May 26, 2016 at 6:57 am

Thankful for our health, good friends and living in a beautiful part of the world! Cheers!

Looking forward to seeing you and Zane zip up our driveway! Won't be long now!

• May 26, 2016 at 2:26 pm

Won't be long. We'll be zipping up your driveway to see you and Miss Lucy. πŸ™‚

7. May 26, 2016 at 7:18 am

I am always thankful for good health, that is for sure. And for all my many friends and kitty kats. So glad you had such a good time with Rhonda. It is always fun to meet other bloggers. Can't wait to hear about your visit with Sharla, Angel and Isabella. Now that will be fun. :d

• May 26, 2016 at 2:26 pm

We did have a good time Marg. Wish you weren't so far away. I'm looking forward to meeting the next two folks and their kitties. πŸ™‚

8. Jan
    May 26, 2016 at 7:25 am

Having grown up in Indiana I'm glad that I get to watch the Indy 500 with my kids even though I now live far away.

• May 26, 2016 at 2:27 pm

It's good to do what you love. πŸ™‚

9. May 26, 2016 at 7:27 am

My peep used to work at One Post street and also 150 Post Street.

• May 26, 2016 at 2:31 pm

High dollar area of San Francisco indeed. πŸ™‚

10. May 26, 2016 at 7:43 am

Oh my gosh that hotel is amazing! I so want to meet some of my blogging friends in real life.

I hope you take pictures of the rose festival. I would like to see what that is all about πŸ™‚

• May 26, 2016 at 2:32 pm

We'll try to get some shots of the Rose Festival. We take some pretty poor photographs. We'll try though. πŸ™‚

11. May 26, 2016 at 8:16 am

Honk and wave as you drive through Anderson.

• May 26, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Wish we had more time Skip. We could stop for lunch, but it's straight through to Seven Feathers Casino and Hotel on the first day. Long day. πŸ™‚

12. May 26, 2016 at 8:40 am

Looks as you enjoyed yourself. I'm thankful for this past year, according to my doctor it's been on borrowed time. But I'll take every minute the good Lord gives me.

• May 26, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Borrowed time is good time and all your puppies are happy about that too. πŸ™‚

13. May 26, 2016 at 8:42 am

Great post. I also love meeting blogger friends in the real. Wink, wink. Lovely location.

So glad Zane is doing well. I knew he would. I look forward to the next adventures of you two.

Big hugs, honey…

• May 26, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Yep, you guys were one of the first bunch I met. In Miami and all over the Caribbean. It was a great time. πŸ™‚

14. May 26, 2016 at 8:46 am

Glad you had a wonderful weekend meeting Rhonda! What a lovely hotel! It won't be long now before I get to meet you too! πŸ˜€ I'm thankful for that and for a long weekend at home with hubby although I was supposed to be in Texas but plans fell through. Angel is very happy I'm home though!

• May 26, 2016 at 2:34 pm

I'm sure Angel is very happy you're home. We'll be seeing you soon. πŸ™‚

15. May 26, 2016 at 10:59 am

You will love this term. A blog that I follow calls a time when she meets a blogger a "blate" like a "date" but with a "bl" I LOVE IT!! How much fun is that that you get to meet these great people? What a blast! You have so many fun adventures to look forward to! I am thankful that we have someone here fixing our air conditioning which decided to die at the first heat wave of the year. 86 humid…oh so great for my kidneys…NOT! πŸ™ catchatwithcarenandcody

• May 26, 2016 at 2:35 pm

That's a great term from meeting bloggers. I'll probably not remember it, but it's great. πŸ™‚

16. May 26, 2016 at 11:39 am

It's such fun meeting people to whom you've only written. It was fun back in "pen pal" days, and that hasn't changed!

• May 26, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Yep that was fun too. Meeting in person is great fun as well. πŸ™‚

17. May 26, 2016 at 1:52 pm

That is great you are getting to meet so many bloggers.

• May 26, 2016 at 2:36 pm

I love it very much. It happens in waves. I go a long time and nothing and then pretty soon there are more opportunities to meet more bloggers. πŸ™‚

May 26, 2016 at 2:43 pm

sounds like a good trip and how fun that you have another coming up. Good for your husband following doctors orders. Most men aren't so good at that πŸ™‚

• May 26, 2016 at 2:47 pm

I think Zane hurt so bad that he followed directions. Many don't and have to go through the surgery again. He wasn't going to let that happen. πŸ™‚

19. May 27, 2016 at 1:31 am

Your love for fellowbloggers is adorable. I thank you profusely for this.

• May 27, 2016 at 7:21 am

I have so enjoyed meeting so many blogging friends. πŸ™‚

20. May 27, 2016 at 4:40 am

How fun that you get to meet so many blogging friends!!!
    What a fancy place you stayed!
    Have a great long weekend.

• May 27, 2016 at 7:21 am

It was fun and the place was very, very elegant. πŸ™‚

21. May 27, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Such a great post and lovely photo, Sandee. I think that people who are thankful are the happiest people. Thank you so much for sharing.

• May 28, 2016 at 6:58 am

Being thankful is pretty easy to do. One only needs to look around at all their blessings. πŸ™‚

22. May 30, 2016 at 12:10 am

Thanks for sharing our photo. It was great meeting you too, and dinner was quite divine, as was the hotel. I love the Sir Francis Drake, and will be sharing about it in a few weeks. I am quite a bit behind. Hope you next adventures are as much fun as ours was.

• May 30, 2016 at 6:09 am

I'll await your posts. I know you're behind, but you did travel to many different and exotic places. πŸ™‚

23. May 30, 2016 at 11:21 pm

hello fellow blogger

• May 31, 2016 at 6:50 am

Wish we could have explored San Francisco when you were here Phil. Perhaps next time. πŸ™‚

24. June 1, 2016 at 9:39 am

Hi Sandee, it must be really nice to meet up with other bloggers, especially if you get to stay in such grand hotels! I'm happy to hear that your husband is recovering well and has been a good patient. He'll be able to relieve you of kitchen duties very soon, no doubt.

xx

• June 1, 2016 at 10:00 am

I've met many bloggers over the years and it has been most wonderful. Hubby is doing great. He goes back to the doctor this Friday and I'm sure he'll be cleared. πŸ™‚