Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful that hubby is doing very well after his surgery. He’s behaved and not done anything he’s not supposed to do. I’m very proud of him.

I’m thankful that I’ve been doing fine with taking care of hubby. I’m not the cook around here, but have been since his surgery. I’ve spend every day asking hubby how to cook one thing or another. I had no idea how much he was doing before his surgery.

I’m thankful that our boat mechanic is finished with all the work needed this year. I’m even more thankful that that bill is paid in full. It was a big bill, but that’s what happens when you work hard at keeping your boat running well.

I’m thankful that we’ve had such great weather this past week. It was windy for most of April, but as soon as May rolled around someone shut off the fan.

I’m thankful that hubby and I are going on a cruise next week (13th-15th). He’s not allowed to do much, but it will be good to get out and enjoy a weekend with friends.

What are you thankful for today?

Image Credit: MiMi King

50 comments for “Thankful Thursday

1. May 5, 2016 at 12:29 am

That's great to hear, keep your head up and best wishes!

• May 5, 2016 at 1:12 pm

Thank you so much. πŸ™‚

2. May 5, 2016 at 3:19 am

I'm glad to hear he's doing so well recovering. Do you think you'll continue to do more cooking even after he's fully recovered?

• May 5, 2016 at 1:12 pm

No, I'll probably not cook much after he's able to cook. He cooks way better than me and I don't mind doing all the cleanup and keeping the kitchen clean. πŸ™‚

3. LAC
    May 5, 2016 at 4:29 am

I am so glad to hear Mr. C is behaving himself so he can heal up in time to cruise. I wish you safe travels and beautiful weather. You deserve it.

• May 5, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Thanks Lisa. I hope Megan gets well and stays well. She's really missed a lot of school this year, but that happens. πŸ™‚

4. May 5, 2016 at 4:32 am

Sure glad to hear that Zane is behaving himself. Good boy. Good things to be thankful for. We are just thankful for everything that we have. Sandee, you and Zane have a most wonderful day.

• May 5, 2016 at 1:14 pm

He's usually so active all the time, so I'm very happy he listened to his doctor. πŸ™‚

5. May 5, 2016 at 6:05 am

Happy to know that you cook for hubby and you will start cruising soon. Nice to note that hubby is doing fine.
    Have a great day!

• May 5, 2016 at 1:14 pm

He's healing nicely. Tomorrow is his doctors visit. πŸ™‚

6. May 5, 2016 at 6:14 am

Boy, what a fella has to do to get his wife to fix him a decent meal. bahahahahaha! =))

big hugs xoxo

• May 5, 2016 at 1:14 pm

He didn't like it one bit Barb. Not one bit. πŸ™‚

7. May 5, 2016 at 6:40 am

I am glad your hubbby's surgery went well. Lots to be thankful for. I hope you have a great cruise.

• May 5, 2016 at 1:15 pm

We will have a great cruise. It will be nice to be out on the boat again. πŸ™‚

8. May 5, 2016 at 6:42 am

I'm glad your hubby is doing well. Time will heal. Best wishes for him and you.

I'm laughing at the rest of your post about cooking. My husband is the kind of cook who can throw things together and his meals usually work out (we aren't going to talk about his stir fry… and if he calls you about his stir-fry, you must disavow any knowledge about this stir-fry, OK?

Me, I'm the type of cook that wants a recipe. It's just like a lab experiment for me and I want to know how it will end. I can make some delicious meals, but I prefer a plan.

Yeah, nerdy me.

• May 5, 2016 at 1:15 pm

Hubby and I are both pretty good about following the recipes. I can't cook without following the recipe. πŸ™‚

9. May 5, 2016 at 6:48 am

Good to hear hubby is still doing well πŸ™‚

Well believe it or not I am thankful for the warm weather we are getting and yes the sun is actually shining in London, this has to be the only country that when the sun comes out it's on the news LOL.

Have a thankfultastic day Sandee :-f

• May 5, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Enjoy the good weather. Enjoy the sunshine. I know you don't get much sunshine. πŸ™‚

10. May 5, 2016 at 6:48 am

I'm thankful for the gorgeous weather we have today, waiting for husband to come home from running errands so that we can hopefully grab Dakota and take a walk in the park, if Dakota won't go, then my husband and I hopefully will. Thankful your husband is healing well and that you are managing to cook for him! Thankful that the Vet said that Dakota is a "self assured" dog, he is so neurotic at home that I would never think that lol. catchatwithcarenandcody

• May 5, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Some dogs are pretty nervous. Our Little Bit could get herself all worked up at times. πŸ™‚

11. May 5, 2016 at 7:24 am

It's hard to be thankful when I'm losing a friend today, Whitley Westie.

• May 5, 2016 at 1:19 pm

I'm so very sorry for your loss. πŸ™

12. May 5, 2016 at 7:31 am

Good to hear that all is well with your hubby and you doing all the cooking. Have a good cruise and enjoy yourselves. I am thankful that we are having some rain and the weather is cooler now.

• May 5, 2016 at 1:19 pm

Oh rain and cooler weather is just want you needed. You've had some very hot weather for a very long time. πŸ™‚

13. May 5, 2016 at 7:38 am

Good to hear you are taking a few days off to play! Where does your cruise go? Have fun and remember one big hug deserves another!

• May 5, 2016 at 1:20 pm

We're heading to the Commodores Appreciation BBQ in Rio Vista. It's always a fun event. πŸ™‚

14. May 5, 2016 at 7:52 am

Thank you, Sandee for linking me to Wordless Wednesday. Thank you for hosting and I hope I will remember for next Wordless Wednesday. Have a beautiful day!

• May 5, 2016 at 1:20 pm

You're most welcome Nancy. Your beautiful fish deserved recognition. πŸ™‚

15. May 5, 2016 at 7:52 am

I know about the cost of those boat repairs. Didn't someone say that a boat was a hole in the water you pour money in! Worthwhile though!

• May 5, 2016 at 1:21 pm

It's worthwhile, but it's expensive. Oh well. πŸ™‚

16. Jan
    May 5, 2016 at 8:42 am

so glad to hear your husband obeyed all the recover from surgery rules and you were able to keep him nourished. There's always take out…

• May 5, 2016 at 1:21 pm

He still has another four weeks to behave though. Not as strict but he still has restrictions. πŸ™‚

17. May 5, 2016 at 9:12 am

So glad that your hubby is doing well from his recent surgery. Your are the best nurse ever πŸ™‚ Golden Woofs SUGAR

• May 5, 2016 at 1:22 pm

He's says the same thing. I've tried very hard to make everything as easy as I can for him. Thanks Sugar. πŸ™‚

18. May 5, 2016 at 9:47 am

Glad Zane is doing so well and getting better every day! I can't make anything without asking my hubby how to do something either. I'm thankful our husbands enjoy cooking and we only have to do it occasionally if ever! πŸ˜€ I'm also thankful my hubby is taking tomorrow off and we're going to enjoy a 3 day weekend together!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

• May 5, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Oh a three day weekend. That will be fun. I hope you post some of your weekend adventures. Scritches to the girls. πŸ™‚

19. May 5, 2016 at 12:52 pm

Thankful i can say, for the first time in several months, that my husband got up and went to work this morning!

• May 5, 2016 at 1:23 pm

I'm so happy your husband has a job. That totally made my day. πŸ™‚

20. May 5, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Glad to hear your hubby is doing well. Funny how men think they are just going to do what they want! Mine is like that too! He is having his cataract surgery coming up and I feel like he needs an extra day to recover. But he will be at work! Your cruise sounds so relaxing. Have fun! My hubby is a better cook too! LOL! I don't mind the clean up either,. Grateful to be healthy and enjoying some warmer temps today! xo

• May 5, 2016 at 3:48 pm

Cataract surgery isn't bad at all. You just need to make sure he does the drops as instructed. They really help. His sight will be ever so improved. I remember. Enjoy the nice weather. πŸ™‚

May 5, 2016 at 4:09 pm

Glad to hear your husband is doing well. I think if I had to do all the cooking we would be eating a lot of take out…lol

• May 6, 2016 at 6:36 am

He doesn't want takeout so he's not getting takeout. It's all about what he wants. πŸ™‚

22. May 5, 2016 at 5:48 pm

I'm enjoying the little made-up video in my head of you calling to your husband over and over as you try to cook. Quite amusing. Good for you, taking on the meal prep while he recovers. You can't be doing too bad of a job if he hasn't gotten up and made you leave the kitchen. πŸ˜‰
    Enjoy the cruise!

• May 6, 2016 at 6:38 am

He's helped a lot. I've not cooked in years and years. When he retired I was still working and he started doing the cooking. He loved it so he just kept doing the cooking. πŸ™‚

23. May 5, 2016 at 8:57 pm

I'm so glad he's making good progress. Yay for you getting out of your comfort zone and cooking! I knew you could do it! Have a fun cruise this weekend. Enjoy the fruits of the long boat wait and have fun. Hugs to you both!

• May 6, 2016 at 6:39 am

Not this weekend, next weekend. I'm not sure Zane would be ready for a cruise this weekend. πŸ™‚

24. May 6, 2016 at 6:13 pm

The hardest part of recovery is not doing anything. So it's good you husband has followed those orders.

Things are usually more work that we thought when we have to do them ourselves.

• May 7, 2016 at 6:57 am

He's been very good, but he had a lot done and he knew he had to be good.

You're right about the usually more work when we have to do the work. πŸ™‚

25. May 11, 2016 at 3:00 am

Hi Sandee, it's fab that you are doing such a good job looking after your husband, but my advice would be not to put too much love into your cooking as it may come back and haunt you when he doesn't want to take over the cooing again!

Everything costs money if you take care of it, but it works out cheaper in the long run, don't you think? Our cars are old, but as we've looked after them they are still going strong (I probably shouldn't have said that…)

Have a fantastic cruise with your hubby and friends. Kick back and chill out!

xx

• May 11, 2016 at 6:34 am

He's already back in the kitchen. So not to worry. He cooks much better than I do.

Yes, I've an old car too and it runs just fine. You have to take care of what you have or it will not run. πŸ™‚