Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful that we got to spend a wonderful weekend on our boat last weekend. We had a nice BBQ rib dinner with another couple on Saturday evening and then spent a lot of time reading. Nothing better than reading a great book on the back of your boat.

I’m thankful that our boating neighbor took a shot of our boat with his very expensive camera and then sent us the photograph.

Apparently he can edit any photograph any way he wants. He sure made our boat look nice. It wasn’t this clean when he took this photograph.

I’m thankful for the beautiful spring weather. I’m wearing short sleeve shirts and flip flops. I’m not in shorts yet, but that’s right around the corner.

I’m thankful for all the wonderful comments I get on my blog every day. You have no idea how much I appreciate your visits and comments.

I’m thankful that hubby will probably be having his hernia surgery next Monday. There was a bit of a problem with his blood pressure, but we think this will be resolved this week. Oh the roadblocks we encounter when we get older.

I’m thankful that hubby and I are still very healthy. There are a few issues here and there, but there are so many that have some serious health issues when they are our age. So thankful.

What are you thankful for today?

Image Credit: MiMi King

51 comments for “Thankful Thursday

1. April 21, 2016 at 4:06 am

So glad you are able to enjoy going out in the boat again! It looks great!
    We have been in shorts all week. Cooler air is coming, so long pants will come back out, but no more winter coats. Makes me happy, happy, happy.
    Next Monday…I'll be praying that the blood pressure glitches get worked out and that the surgery and recovery go smoothly.

• April 21, 2016 at 3:20 pm

I'm getting closer and closer to the shorts. Tomorrow we're supposed to have thunder showers, but it will still be warm. πŸ™‚

2. LAC
    April 21, 2016 at 4:09 am

Yay, life is complete once again. Just get that pesky surgery out of the way so you can be on the boat again next weekend. Will send prayers and good thoughts your way for a flawless surgery and fast recovery.

• April 21, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers for Zane's surgery. πŸ™‚

3. April 21, 2016 at 4:27 am

We are just thankful that Sandee and Zane finally got to go out on their boat. We are always thankful for good health. That is so important. Enjoy your warm weather.

• April 21, 2016 at 3:21 pm

We're going back to the boat tomorrow to do some last minute work before hubby has his surgery. πŸ™‚

4. April 21, 2016 at 5:12 am

Your boat looks great! I know that you mean about blog comments – I always am thankful when people stop by mine and say hi.

Have a great day! Cheers – Ellen

• April 21, 2016 at 3:21 pm

Thanks about the boat. I love my readers and commenters. πŸ™‚

5. April 21, 2016 at 5:19 am

She's a beauty, alright. Did you ever mention what her name is?

My best to Zane on his upcoming surgery. Al had double hernias repaired about 15 years ago with the mesh… It's held pretty good but one side has started to bulge just a bit. Bugger. Not so bad that he's considering more surgery though, thank goodness.

Have a terrific day! xoxo

• April 21, 2016 at 3:22 pm

Zane's is pretty small, but it bothers him and it should. Yikes on the double hernia. I hope it stays small. πŸ™‚

6. April 21, 2016 at 5:32 am

Such a beautiful boat! Right now, i'm thankful for a few minutes to sit and read.

• April 21, 2016 at 3:23 pm

I so remember be able to not work and rest and enjoy something like a good book. πŸ™‚

7. April 21, 2016 at 5:35 am

I'm sooo jealous! Miss my time on the Gulf Waters. A boat is about the only way to get away from this Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World!

• April 21, 2016 at 3:23 pm

We're hoping to have another 10 years of boating. That would be most wonderful. πŸ™‚

8. April 21, 2016 at 6:13 am

I hope the blood pressure problem is resolved and the hernia surgery goes well. Surgery of any kind always makes me feel a bit nervous. So I will send lots of good vibes your way! P.S. Isn't it amazing what we can do with photo editing :)Your boat is lovely either way, but that shine!

• April 21, 2016 at 3:24 pm

The shine is there all the time. That's because we have her detailed every year. Makes a big difference.

Thanks for the good vibes on hubbies surgery. πŸ™‚

9. April 21, 2016 at 6:30 am

There is a plaque on the wall at our vet's office that reads, "There is always always always something to be grateful for." I know this in my head, but I have a heavy heart today. We would be grateful for some good news at our house.

Your boat is a real beauty. And yes, reading a great book at the back of your boat sounds heavenly. I would say reading a great book poolside would come in second.

My best to your husband with his upcoming surgery. Hoping for the best for you both.

• April 21, 2016 at 3:25 pm

I'm so sorry you're losing your four legged friends so rapidly. Big healing hugs. πŸ™‚

10. April 21, 2016 at 7:01 am

my oh my- almost time for shorts? It's lots warmer here- but I'm still in my leggings- but have shed the long underwear- (seriously!) As for thankful? Always thankful for our good friends and family! Not to mention continuing good health- not to be taking it for granted-no siree! Cheers and big hugs to you and Zane- especially next week!

• April 21, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Well, you're up in the mountains so that makes a big difference. Thanks for the hugs for next week. πŸ™‚

11. April 21, 2016 at 7:40 am

WOW!! Looking sharp!

• April 21, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Thanks Michelle. πŸ™‚

12. April 21, 2016 at 7:59 am

Your boat looks wonderful, my best wishes to hubby for his op hope all goes well

Have a thankfulltastic day Sandee :-f

• April 21, 2016 at 3:29 pm

Thanks Steve and thanks for the wishes for hubby. πŸ™‚

13. Jan
    April 21, 2016 at 8:13 am

I am thankful that years ago I moved to a place where spring starts in February when the almond trees bloom across the valley. And I can avoid snowy surprises in April.

• April 21, 2016 at 3:31 pm

I'm in that same place. πŸ™‚

14. April 21, 2016 at 8:21 am

Impressive photo editing job. Where do they sell equipment like that? Here's the original picture of your boat

• April 21, 2016 at 3:31 pm

Yes, that was when our boat was first born. πŸ™‚

15. April 21, 2016 at 9:01 am

So glad you enjoyed your weekend on the boat! I thought about you! I'm very thankful tax season is over and I've been able to enjoy this week doing whatever I want! I'm not doing much of anything but not being chained to my desk is fabulous!

Hope you have a lovely day Sandee!

• April 21, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Enjoy the end of tax season. I know you are. πŸ™‚

16. April 21, 2016 at 9:37 am

I'm thankful for everyone in my life and that also my blogging friends. I'm thankful for having an opportunity to golf. Most important is my wife Mary Lou. I don't know what I would without her.

Have a thankful Thursday Sanday & Zane. See ya.

• April 21, 2016 at 3:32 pm

I know you are most thankful for your wife Paul. That's a good thing. πŸ™‚

April 21, 2016 at 1:39 pm

so glad you had a nice weekend on your boat. I'm thankful for the warmer weather that we're finally getting

• April 21, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Warmer weather is awesome isn't it. Yes it is. πŸ™‚

18. April 21, 2016 at 2:27 pm

I'm thankful we are getting our motorhome out of storage Monday, but not that it might snow and we'll have to postpone it. c-)

• April 21, 2016 at 3:33 pm

We have a storm coming through starting tomorrow Odie. You may have to wait on getting the motor-home out of storage. :_

19. April 21, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Very nice boat. Wonderful things to be thankful for. I will be praying for your husband.

• April 22, 2016 at 6:38 am

Thank you. Even more thank yous for the prayers. πŸ™‚

20. April 21, 2016 at 4:29 pm

Nice!!! I don't ever wear shorts. Just capris…and I'm already wearing those.

• April 22, 2016 at 6:39 am

I should not wear shorts anymore either. All my shorts go to my knees. I don't wear short shorts anymore. πŸ™‚

21. April 21, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Your boat is gorgeous!!!! Yes!! If you have a smart phone, you can upload your photos to your email and then use an online photo editor if you want.
    Oh and your dinner sounded scrumptious! Wishing your husband the best of luck with his surgery…sending prayers!!! We are thankful for YOU and your thoughtfulness and the lovely comments that YOU leave! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

• April 22, 2016 at 6:39 am

Thank you honey. You know I love you, Cody and Dakota. You know that right? I thought so. πŸ™‚

22. April 21, 2016 at 6:52 pm

That is a great picture of your boat! Good luck to your husband with his surgery!

• April 22, 2016 at 6:43 am

Thanks my friend. He's a bit nervous. πŸ™‚

23. April 21, 2016 at 7:56 pm

Your boat is gorgeous! Will put hubby on my prayer list. Have an awesome weekend!

• April 22, 2016 at 6:43 am

Thanks for putting hubby on your prayer list. He's never had surgery before. πŸ™‚

24. April 22, 2016 at 1:38 am

As usual wonderful thanksgiving! this clearly reflects your positive attitude towards life and the society.

• April 22, 2016 at 6:43 am

Life rocks and then some. πŸ™‚

25. April 22, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Your boat looks very nice and shiny!
    I hope your husband's surgery is quick and goes well.

• April 23, 2016 at 8:32 am

It is very shiny. We have it detailed every year to make sure the paint doesn't fade. Thanks for the kind thoughts on hubbies surgery. πŸ™‚

26. April 24, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Your boat looks grat. Truly. Sure hope the hernia repair goes well. Sending much love to you both.

Big hugs, honey…