Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful that even though we didn’t get to go to our boat last weekend it appears that we’ll be able to this coming weekend. At least it’s looking good so far. Here’s where our boat was Thursday through Saturday morning.

I’m thankful for a good mechanic that knew to check everything that needed checking while she’s on the hard. It appears that the rudder packing needed replaced. It’s important to have a dry bilge. The boat went back into her slip on Saturday and Tim figures he’ll be done with the work Tuesday evening. It will be great to have the boat every weekend again.

I’m thankful that the weekend we didn’t have a boat to enjoy we had tons of rain. It rained and then it rained some more. All weekend long. So the folks that went on the cruise to Rio Vista had a lot of rain to contend with. Tough when it’s supposed to be a BBQ outside. I’m sure they took the party into the restaurant since they were catering the event anyway.

I’m thankful for all my blogging buddies. I’ve met so many.  If I’ve left you off let me know.

Empress Bee of muffin53 part deux (Florida)
Dick and Sandy of Traveling Bells (Georgia)
Barb of Barb’s Recipe Basket (Georgia)
Tor and Anna of TorAa Mirror (Islo, Norway)
Katherine of This Charming Life (California)
Ferd of The Best Parts (North Carolina)
Princess Gail of Gail Birdtale (North Carolina)
Lisa Ceaser of Facebook/star8278 (Pennsylvania)
Cat Armato of Facebook/cat.amarto (Georgia)
Seymour of Skunkfeathers (Colorado)
Phil of Phils Phun (Australia)
Linda of The Distracted Wanderer (Connecticut)

In May I’m going to add:

Rhonda of Albom Adventures (New Zealand)

In June I’m going to add:

Sharla of BeadedTail (Oregon)
Kathe of It’s a Snap ! (California)

There are so many more that I would love to meet. Perhaps one day it will happen.

What are you thankful for today?

Image Credit: MiMi King

66 comments for “Thankful Thursday

1. April 14, 2016 at 3:29 am

I was just talking about the bloggers cruise the other day and how much fun we all had! It was a BLAST. :)♥♥♥

great big hugs hon xoxo

• April 14, 2016 at 2:40 pm

We did have a blast on that cruise. It was great meeting all of you too. 🙂

2. April 14, 2016 at 5:09 am

What Barb said:). Since y'all don't wanna do a cruise ship again, how 'bout a big Palm Beach land/sea party some day, any time between January and March?! I can dream…and all blogging friends are invited!

Big hugs, sweet friend. Miss y'all bunches, honey…

• April 14, 2016 at 10:27 am

I'm game!

• April 14, 2016 at 2:40 pm

You never know when we'll head for WPB during your stay. You just never know. I want to go to John Gs if we go. 🙂

• April 14, 2016 at 2:41 pm

You need to come too Jean(ie). 🙂

3. April 14, 2016 at 5:11 am

That is great that you have gotten to meet so many bloggers. We are always just thankful for the roof over our head and a good place to live. That boat is just gorgeous. Hope you get to go sailing soon. Sandee, you and Zane have one heck of a day.

• April 14, 2016 at 2:41 pm

It's fun meeting bloggers Marg. Very fun. 🙂

4. April 14, 2016 at 5:13 am

Wow that's amazing how many bloggers that you've met. I've met a few as well and it's so much fun to meet folks in person after getting to know them virtually. Have fun meeting Rhonda – she's lovely.

Cheers – Ellen

• April 14, 2016 at 2:42 pm

I know she's lovely. We've been blogging buddies for a very long time. In fact she's the one that started Silly Sunday and then gave it to me when she change blog directions. 🙂

5. April 14, 2016 at 5:41 am

How fun that you're going to meet Rhonda!! She had one of my most favorite WW posts ever with her "Family Tree" post. 🙂 That's a great looking boat you've got there, I bet it makes water time, really, really nice!

• April 14, 2016 at 2:43 pm

I never pass up a chance to meet one of my blogging buddies. I'm glad she's one of your favorites too. 🙂

6. April 14, 2016 at 6:30 am

She's a beaut!

• April 14, 2016 at 2:43 pm

She is indeed Joe. Can't wait to get back on her tomorrow afternoon. 🙂

7. April 14, 2016 at 6:36 am

Your boat is lovely! Maybe someday soon I can be added to that list and come walk around on the deck!

Have a great Thursday!

• April 14, 2016 at 2:43 pm

That would be great Jen. It would be more than great to meet you. 🙂

8. April 14, 2016 at 6:46 am

I'm thankful for you!

Bee

• April 14, 2016 at 2:44 pm

Hubby and I went to meet you and Sarge first and foremost. We knew if we didn't we'd never get to meet Sarge. We're so happy we went. 🙂

9. April 14, 2016 at 7:19 am

I hope that some day I might be able to meet you & Zane. You never know. That ship looks wonderful.
    Have a brilliant Thursday Sandee & Zane. See ya.

• April 14, 2016 at 2:45 pm

That would be great Paul. I would love to meet you and Mary Lou. 🙂

10. April 14, 2016 at 8:07 am

we are all so fortunate to be living here! Have a fun on your "new" boat!

• April 14, 2016 at 2:45 pm

We're heading to the boat tomorrow afternoon and spend the weekend. We have dinner buddies coming over on Saturday evening for some baby back ribs. 🙂

11. April 14, 2016 at 8:25 am

While I am not terribly proficient, I am thankful for the technology that is available to us today. There are times when I would like to live in a simpler world, but to say that the internet has opened up a whole new world would be an understatement. Technology is simply a tool and like any tool it can be properly used or abused. Let's face it, without this blogging world we would not even know of each others existence. Have a blessed day.

• April 14, 2016 at 2:46 pm

You're right. Without the Internet I would have never met any of these wonderful people. 🙂

12. April 14, 2016 at 8:42 am

You're the Will Rogers of Blogville.

• April 14, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Thank you ever so much. 🙂

13. April 14, 2016 at 8:56 am

Your boat looks lovely first time I have seen a photo of it like that, I would love to be able to travel but unfortunately not but love reading about all you bloggers travels etc.

I always like your thankful posts Sandee so heartwarming 🙂

Have a thankfultastic day 🙂

• April 14, 2016 at 2:47 pm

She is pulled about ever four years to power-wash the bottom and see if it needs bottom paint. While it's out is when any and all things that can't be done while she's in the water gets completed. It works out very nicely. 🙂

14. April 14, 2016 at 10:12 am

Your appreciation for the boat mechanic is wonderful. Your hospitality to co-bloggers who visit you is super.
    Have a great Thursday!

• April 14, 2016 at 2:48 pm

We have an awesome boat mechanic. He's not cheap, but he keeps our boat in great shape. I love my blogging buddies. 🙂

15. April 14, 2016 at 10:28 am

Bummer on the delay on the boat outing but sounds like Mother Nature didn't want you out there either! Glad you know it'll be 100% ready and safe for this weekend so you can enjoy a relaxing weekend sailing around! We're looking forward to meeting you in JUNE! 😀

Have a great weekend!

• April 14, 2016 at 2:49 pm

I'm looking forward to meeting you and your babies in June too. Right before your cruise. I can't wait to love on Angel and Isabella too. 🙂

16. April 14, 2016 at 10:29 am

I'm so excited you're getting your boat back, ready to sail! Thankful for good news I got yesterday and for my sweet hubby. I just love my guy.

• April 14, 2016 at 2:52 pm

We both love our hubbies. I forget what your good news was. I'll check Facebook. I'll be right back…is this it? We're so excited to join amazing authors Lisa Lutz and Emily Liebert at the Mohegan Sun casino on Friday, June 3rd at 7:30pm! 🙂

17. April 14, 2016 at 1:38 pm

I am thankful for one of my bonus daughters who is a Manager of a local Animal Shelter here. Was there today photographing her for Dakota's blog on Monday……the work she does is so rewarding but so hard! I am hoping all is fixed and you have a great weekend on the boat! How cool you got to meet all of those bloggers, hoping one day that I will meet you! xoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

• April 14, 2016 at 2:53 pm

It's fixed except for the generator so we can spend the weekend. I'm so ready. I hope we can meet someday too. 🙂

April 14, 2016 at 1:40 pm

well that was nice that it rained while you weren't able to use the boat. Glad to hear you're going to have it back soon.
    That's some list of bloggers you've met. I have yet to meet any.

• April 14, 2016 at 2:53 pm

You never know Ann. You might find someone coming through your area and ask for a meet. It's ever so much fun. 🙂

19. Jan
    April 14, 2016 at 1:53 pm

I joined some friends on their boat last weekend. I had no idea it could be so much fun and so relaxing. Now I'm hooked and can understand why people go boating as often as the can. I love your boat.

• April 14, 2016 at 2:54 pm

Not everyone loves boating, but we sure do and it appears so do you. Nice to meet you and thanks for dropping by. 🙂

20. April 14, 2016 at 2:34 pm

I'm thankful I'm so handsome. c-)

• April 14, 2016 at 2:39 pm

I'm happy for you Odie. We all know you're a handsome devil. 🙂

21. April 14, 2016 at 4:09 pm

That is great that you have met so many blogging buddies. If you are ever in Massachusetts or a nearby state, we will have to meet.

• April 15, 2016 at 6:22 am

You're on. One never knows where I'll travel. 🙂

22. April 14, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Today i'm thankful work went as well as it did. Maybe someday you can add me to your list!

• April 15, 2016 at 6:23 am

I would love to add you to the list. That would be most wonderful. 🙂

23. April 14, 2016 at 6:00 pm

How cool is that? You're a traveler. You're limited to those who are on the coast, correct?

• April 15, 2016 at 6:24 am

We traveled to Florida to meet many when we went on our cruise and often when people are going to be in the bay area they ask where we are. That's how I've met many. 🙂

24. April 14, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Your boat is a beauty. For the time being we will meet on our blogs. Have a beautiful day!

• April 15, 2016 at 6:24 am

We are in different countries. I would love to meet you Nancy and then we take you and your husband out for a feast. 🙂

25. April 14, 2016 at 11:28 pm

And we are thankful for you as well 🙂 I hope you are able to have a good boating weekend!

• April 15, 2016 at 6:25 am

We're heading to the boat this afternoon. We're looking forward to a relaxing weekend. 🙂

26. April 15, 2016 at 12:27 am

I am looking forward to meeting you too!

• April 15, 2016 at 6:25 am

It won't be long either Rhonda. 🙂

27. April 15, 2016 at 8:46 am

She's a beauty. Fair winds and following seas to you both when you finally get her out of dry dock.

• April 15, 2016 at 9:46 am

Thank you my friend. We are so happy we get to go to our boat today. 🙂

• April 19, 2016 at 2:25 pm

I must live the boating life vicariously through you. I'm the only sailor in my house. Whale watches in my life are very lonely… even the whales noticed 😉

• April 19, 2016 at 2:29 pm

You can always come visit us and we'll take you for a nice long boat ride. 🙂

28. April 15, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Your boat looks really big out of the water! It's too bad you didn't have her last weekend, but it's more important that all the mechanical systems are in tip top shape.

• April 16, 2016 at 9:01 am

It's the perfect size for the body of water that we're in. We can go anywhere and docking is easy. That's essential in the California Delta. Many boats are too big to dock in places when low tide rolls around.

Yes, being mechanically sound is essential in happy boating. 🙂

29. April 19, 2016 at 11:27 am

Wow, I'm impressed with all the bloggers you've met. I recently met my friend Lori from Searching for Moments and it was the best experience ever! Felt like we knew each other forever!
    Hope your weekend plans shape up so you can get out and do some boating in lovely weather!

• April 19, 2016 at 11:42 am

It started with the cruise to the Caribbean and just took off from there. It's been wonderful. 🙂

30. April 21, 2016 at 8:59 pm

Hi Mimi, I know nothing about boats, but having a dry bilge sounds pretty important! How nice that you've managed to meet so many bloggers and I hope you manage to get out on the boat this weekend.

#happynowlinkup

• April 22, 2016 at 8:11 am

Having a dry bilge is very important. You're right about that. 🙂

31. April 21, 2016 at 9:03 pm

I'm a plonker! As I hit publish I realised I'd used the wrong name. Many apologies, my mind is still sleep bleary!

xx

• April 22, 2016 at 8:12 am

Not a problem. I think we've all done this at one time or another. 🙂

♥I Love Comments♥