Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful that hubby is finally going to get his hernia repaired at the end of April. It’s a small one, but it’s something that needs medical attention.

I’m thankful for the wonderful weather we’ve been having. It’s still chilly in the mornings and evenings, but it’s warming up. Nice weather makes me smile.

I’m thankful our boat mechanic is almost done with our yearly maintenance. With the two face lifts he’s had to wait to get started. We’ve had to stay home and not use our boat because he’s got parts removed that we need to be on the boat. Simple things like no head and no hot water. It’s time to be out on the water.

I’m thankful we have pretty good eyesight. Our appointment with the doctor said there is very little changes in our eyesight. When we get older our sight can suffer. So far so good.

I’m thankful that I’m not crying every five minutes about losing our Little Bit. It’s been five months since she went to the bridge and my thoughts are slowly turning to how fortunate we were to have her in our lives. We were very fortunate.

What are you thankful for today?

Image Credit: MiMi King

62 comments for “Thankful Thursday

1. March 31, 2016 at 3:25 am

I do like nice, crisp mornings and warmer afternoons. You were indeed lucky to have had Little Bit in your lives and her to have had you. Have a great rest of the week! Cheers – Ellen

• March 31, 2016 at 9:57 am

It's the best time of year for me.

Yes, we were lucky to have Little Bit in our lives. πŸ™‚

2. March 31, 2016 at 5:14 am

Spring weather is the absolute best, isn't it? Glad you're getting to enjoy some. Of course, getting to enjoy spring on your refurbished boat will be better. Glad you'll be getting it back soon.

I always took my perfect eyesight for granted. I never needed glasses until I was 43. Reading can be quite a challenge without them. Glad your eyesight is holding steady.

• March 31, 2016 at 9:58 am

I can't read without my glasses and with some print I can't read with glasses. Oh well. πŸ™‚

3. March 31, 2016 at 5:21 am

Lots of great stuff to be thankful for. Glad Zane is getting his hernia fixed too. We have been having fantastic weather too and just so nice to sit outside. Sandee, you and Zane have a great day. It does take a long time to sort of get used to not having our animals with us.

• March 31, 2016 at 9:58 am

It's a small one, but we don't want to play around with a hernia. One thing go wrong and then it's a huge mess. πŸ™‚

4. March 31, 2016 at 5:48 am

I'm thankful for Mary Lou. Today is her birthday and having her my gorgeous with me every day is a gift from God.
    You both will be on the water soon my friends.
    Have a cool morning Sandee & Zane. See ya.

• March 31, 2016 at 9:59 am

β™ͺβ™ͺHappy Birthday to you,β™ͺβ™ͺ
      β™ͺβ™ͺHappy Birthday to you,β™ͺβ™ͺ
      β™ͺβ™ͺHappy Birthday Dear Mary Lou,β™ͺβ™ͺ
      β™ͺβ™ͺHappy Birthday to you.β™ͺβ™ͺ

5. March 31, 2016 at 6:13 am

I always love reading you thankful posts! I hope you link up one of them some day over on my Happy Now Linkup. So, hmmm what am I grateful for today? Lots, but mostly I am grateful everyone is on the mend and getting over this bug we had in the house! No more cough-a-thons at night make me very grateful!

• March 31, 2016 at 10:00 am

I'll start linking up to your Happy Now posts. I hadn't thought about doing that.

Glad everyone is feeling better at your house. πŸ™‚

6. March 31, 2016 at 6:25 am

I like reading your thankful posts too very heartwarming Sandee

Well today i am just thankful we can see the sky and the sun is shining which is a rarity in itself in London y-)

Have a thankfultastic day :-h

• March 31, 2016 at 10:00 am

Thanks Steve. Enjoy the sunshine. πŸ™‚

7. March 31, 2016 at 7:11 am

I'm thankful the sun is out drying off the concrete so hubby can roll on a final coat of paint.

I'm thankful our son-in-law only fractured tips of his vertebra when he fell 12 feet.

I'm grateful for you and Zane.

Big hugs times two, honey…

• March 31, 2016 at 10:00 am

I've had your son-in-law in my prayers. Love you sweetie. πŸ™‚

8. March 31, 2016 at 7:17 am

I always love reading your Thankful Thursdays posts. Reminds me to be thankful. I have been wondering how you've been doing with your loss of Little Bit but didn't want to bring it up. Hope one day you'll get another dog. You still have much love to give and there is such a great need in the canine world.

• March 31, 2016 at 10:01 am

Hubby will never allow another dog here. I will abide by his decision on this. πŸ™‚

• April 1, 2016 at 6:45 am

Yup, that's the kind of decision that everyone needs to be on board about. Thanks.

• April 1, 2016 at 6:51 am

You are right about this. I can't go against his wishes here. As hard as losing her was for me, it was twice as hard for him. Little Bit was his girl. Hubby was the alpha. πŸ™‚

9. March 31, 2016 at 7:21 am

I'm thankful to still be here. Some 15 months ago I was given only 3 months before "I crossed the Bar". But as the old Alfred Lord Tennyson poem "Crossing the Bar" goes I hope to meet my pilot face to face when I have crossed the Bar. And of course see my beloved wife again!

• March 31, 2016 at 10:01 am

I remember when you were sick. I'm so happy you're still here. πŸ™‚

10. March 31, 2016 at 7:31 am

I enjoy reading your Thankful Thursday posts. I completely understand your feelings about Little Bit. ((hugs)) I'm glad your boat is almost done. I'm thankful tax season is just about over and that spring as arrived full force here in Oregon! We're going to the coast tomorrow and it's just what I need!

Happy Thursday Sandee!

• March 31, 2016 at 10:01 am

Enjoy the coast honey. I know how your love the coast. πŸ™‚

11. March 31, 2016 at 8:32 am

Like you, I am thankful for the health that I have. I'm not in perfect physical condition, but the issues that I have can be managed. Hearing is becoming a bit of an issue, but that stems from a childhood bout with the measles.
    I keep looking at rescue dog photos and I have to admit, I may be closer to adopting a new family member than ever before. It's been 13 years since that last fur kid left the family. I'm still in the thinking stage. Have a blessed day.

• March 31, 2016 at 10:02 am

It's wonderful to have them, but so heartbreaking when they have to go. πŸ™‚

12. March 31, 2016 at 8:53 am

so nice to have chilly mornings and evenings. We are really longing for that especially when it is so hot here. I hope all will be well with your husband. It is a beautiful Thankful Thursday post, Sandee!

• March 31, 2016 at 10:02 am

I'm sure hubby will be fine. Stay cool my friend. πŸ™‚

13. March 31, 2016 at 9:01 am

I am thankful to my physician who has attended to my wife for a viral fever attack.
    Have a great Thursday!

• March 31, 2016 at 10:03 am

I'm thankful to your physician too. It's hard to have someone we love feeling poorly. πŸ™‚

14. March 31, 2016 at 9:04 am

It's been 15 months since Kyla. Things do get less bad as time goes.

• March 31, 2016 at 10:03 am

Less yes, but I'm far from okay. Just like you. πŸ™‚

15. March 31, 2016 at 9:09 am

It seems like a lot of people are getting hernia's these days. Everyone I know surgeries went well, so I'm sure "hubby" will be fine. I am thankful for that his hernia is small and and that your eyes are fine. I'm thankful my eyes are doing well and for my friendships, the wonderful weather and simply being alive. I thought you guys were already out on the water, but it will not be long. I'm jealous, but in a good way. I like to think of how much you enjoy spring and spending time on the boat with "hubby.' I'm glad your grief has moved in another direction; but you know what I think? I think Little Bit is standing right beside you and is thankful on this day that she is a part of your family and will be always. This may sound crazy, but my Golden Retriever died ten years ago, and I feel her everyday; she still makes me smile. Although I went through a long period of grief. I'm also thank you that you have kept Comedy Plus online for so long and that we met.

Have a great day, Sandee

"Big hugs" to you. And remember it's Spring, your favorite season. :)))

• March 31, 2016 at 10:04 am

Hubby is convinced that Little Bit has visited him on several occasions. I'm sure she has. She loved my husband so very much.

Big hugs back honey. πŸ™‚

16. March 31, 2016 at 9:38 am

I am sure you are still grieving as I am for my lUcy that left us in September and Stinky that left us in January. To quote Dr Seuss : Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" We are lucky to have them in our lives for the time we do. XO

• March 31, 2016 at 10:04 am

I am still grieving as is my husband. It's so sad to lose such a precious member of the family. πŸ™‚

17. March 31, 2016 at 10:02 am

Hi Sandee! I am thankful that all is well with you. I am thankful to have my wonderful teaching job. I am thankful that my children love me and want me in their lives. I am thankful that I am on the mend, since having that surgery last year! (hysterectomy) The doctor who saw me initially sent the police to my house the day after she met me and took my blood tests (when I didn't answer my phone, because I was at work, soldiering through my severe anemia) because she thought maybe *I* had crossed the bridge! I am thankful for the lesson in that: Take better care of ME. I am important. And I am thankful that we are friends, Sandee! Hope your boat is soon back in the water, and I hope that Zane's surgery goes seamlessly. Just sayin'. πŸ˜€

• March 31, 2016 at 10:05 am

Yes take better care of you honey. You know I love you bunches. πŸ™‚

18. March 31, 2016 at 10:12 am

I have much to be grateful for and I try to remember to count my blessings every day. Today excellent medical news about my niece are at the top of my list. I hope your husband's hernia operation goes that well.

You mentioned Little Bit… it's been two weeks since Maxine passed and it's still so raw, but I'm not sure that we ever get over the death of a beloved pet. We lost Dax in 2008 and we still miss her and we had closure with her unlike Maxine.

We can be grateful about the wonderful memories they gave us.

• March 31, 2016 at 2:22 pm

I'm happy for your niece. Great news. I'm sure hubbies hernia operation will go just as well.

I don't like the raw. I'm finally feeling halfway decent. I know we were so lucky to have her for almost 13 years. πŸ™‚

19. March 31, 2016 at 10:19 am

thankful for so many things- good health, living in a little paradise with all sorts of critters around- being with my sweet husband and of course living with Lucy is a delight!
    Wishing Zane a speedy recovery from his future surgery. And of course big hugs to both of you!

• March 31, 2016 at 2:23 pm

You have a wonderful life like I do. We are both so blessed. Big hugs to you and Russell. πŸ™‚

20. March 31, 2016 at 11:53 am

My heart just breaks for you with Little Bit (((hugs))), I know…I still cry my heart out over my Angel Bobo who passed in 2007 at age 18. I soooo know ((((hugs))) and love catchatwithcarenandcody

• March 31, 2016 at 2:24 pm

They embed themselves into our hearts and it hurts so bad when they have to leave us. Little Bit had to leave us and she knew we'd take care of that. I'm convinced of that. πŸ™‚

21. March 31, 2016 at 12:31 pm

I'm thankful for the nice weather. Makes me happy to be out in it.

• March 31, 2016 at 2:24 pm

It's spring here today and it's most wonderful. I'm enjoying the weather as you are. πŸ™‚

22. March 31, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Today i'm thankful some of my clients are very flexible!

• March 31, 2016 at 2:24 pm

Flexible folks are the very best folks. πŸ™‚

March 31, 2016 at 2:30 pm

A friend just had surgery for a hernia last week.

• March 31, 2016 at 2:33 pm

He'll be glad to get this taken care of as it worries him. I'm ready to make sure he doesn't overdo. It's hard to get him to slow down. πŸ™‚

24. March 31, 2016 at 5:19 pm

πŸ™ to Little Bit…once they get in our hearts, they never leave, do they? As for eyesight, mine has been horrible since the age of 15. It leveled off at some point, but now I can't wear contacts…so that sucks!

• April 1, 2016 at 6:53 am

Yes, they get into our hearts and they stay there. She was such a good girl.

I never could wear contacts. I tried, but it just didn't work. πŸ™‚

25. April 1, 2016 at 3:42 am

When I lost Gandalf I marveled that as many times as I've lost pets I still fall apart. I also knew that 'this too shall pass', as it always does. Losing people and pets we love is so very hard. Time doesn't heal all wounds but it does soften the intensity enough that before long we lony remember the great memories.

Isn't that marvelous? Whew. Or nobody would ever have more than one pet in theor lifetimes!

Hope hubby's surgery goes smoothly!

big hugs xoxo

• April 1, 2016 at 6:54 am

It is getting easier. I guess it's the stages we must go through. The raw grief I didn't care for one bit. You're right about only having one pet though. I too have had many over the years. Still so painful to lose them. πŸ™‚

26. April 1, 2016 at 2:44 pm

I hope your husband's surgery goes well and he has a speedy recovery.

• April 1, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Thanks Binky, we're hoping for the same things. πŸ™‚

27. April 1, 2016 at 4:02 pm

Always inspiring. Glad your eyesight is holding. My hubby had cataract surgery in October, now he sees great. Hope your hubby's procedure goes just as smoothly.

• April 2, 2016 at 7:42 am

I'll be on medicare in September. Getting older, but enjoying life more than ever. πŸ™‚

28. April 5, 2016 at 5:29 pm

I think it's so important to reflect on all the little things we have to be thankful for. It's so easy to get bogged down in the tough stuff, but it's amazingly uplifting to focus on the good stuff. And, it's so often the little things that really bring us joy. Lovely list of things to be thankful for x #thehappynow

• April 6, 2016 at 7:22 am

Thanks for weighing in Sara. πŸ™‚

29. April 6, 2016 at 10:01 am

Hi Sandee,I expect your hubby will be quite thankful for his op too and I hope the op goes well. I keep putting off getting my eyes tested as I'm probably not going to like what the optician will have to say, but I have to face facts I'm of the age when eye sight starts to deteriorate.

I too am thankful for the summer like weather we are having at the moment, although we really do need rain.

#happynowlinkup

• April 6, 2016 at 10:04 am

He will be very thankful. He's so ready to have this issue taken care of. My eyes have been an issue for years and years. I'll be 65 in September. πŸ™‚

30. April 8, 2016 at 11:34 am

Thank you for this positive post! I think every grieving process is like that: be it miscarriage, family member, or pet. In time you're able to think of the good times and smile instead of cry. You'll get there.
    #happynowlinkup

• April 8, 2016 at 11:43 am

I know I will, but it sure is a long and hard road to travel. We miss her so much. πŸ™‚

❀I Love Comments❀