Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful that my hubby and I had a wonderful four night, five day mini vacation. We relaxed, we enjoyed the scenery, we took drives down the coast a couple of times, we held hands and enjoyed each others company, we laughed, we slept like babies with the roar of the ocean each night, and most of all we enjoyed being away for a bit. Today’s thankful is in video and pictures.

There’s nothing like the roar of the ocean. We had some great water all weekend long.

This short video gives you an idea of how violent the water was on Thursday. We watched this from the parking lot for a very long time.

This was the ocean from our room. We heard that constant roar the entire weekend. Most relaxing.

This is our room. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and rented a junior suite. It was a very comfortable room.

The very best part of the room was it was an ocean view room.

On Saturday we traveled to Santa Cruz for Mexican food at Olitas Cantina and Grille to detox from all the pasta and seafood.

I’m thankful for all the wonderful seafood, pasta and some of the best sourdough bread imaginable. We ate whatever we wanted and each morning we did this to counter all the food.
Looked pretty easy from here…but it was a good climb.
I only gained two pounds during our outing. I’m not going to complain about that one bit. Now we’re planning on another trip to somewhere else in the near future. Why not!

What are you thankful for today?

Thankful Thursday Image Credit: MiMi King

68 comments for “Thankful Thursday

1. January 14, 2016 at 1:16 am

My old stomping grounds, yet nothing but the waves looked familiar. Love the photos, the last one is my favorite.

• January 14, 2016 at 11:39 am

It is way different than the last time we were there. Late 90s as I recall. More traffic, more home, just more. Rockaway Beach is a lot the same. πŸ™‚

2. January 14, 2016 at 1:48 am

Wow, beautiful !
    The food, the view, the workouts…great !

• January 14, 2016 at 11:39 am

It was great and then some. πŸ™‚

3. January 14, 2016 at 1:53 am

I enjoyed the photos and vids, I agree I always find the sound of the sea relaxing too no matter how rough it is.

That food looked lovely nice scenery in that last photo

Have a pastatastic day Saandee :-h

• January 14, 2016 at 11:40 am

We boat so rough water is part of that mix. The best sleep ever. πŸ™‚

4. January 14, 2016 at 3:44 am

Thank you for the videos! It's been over a year since I've seen or heard the ocean. You were in a gorgeous spot. And the waves!!! Awesome.
    Why not travel, indeed. Bryan and I are squirreling away as much money as possible for retirement so we can travel as much as we want when the time comes. Not that we don't travel now, but we're really going to travel when the kids are out of the house!
    We are both blessed. Many times over.

• January 14, 2016 at 11:42 am

I love to get away for a few days at a time. Traveling is so relaxing for us. πŸ™‚

5. January 14, 2016 at 3:55 am

Wow, that sure looks like the perfect vacation. Good food, good company and great ocean. Glad you had such a good time. We are thankful for simple things, like good health and a roof over our heads.Sandee, you and Zane have a great and fun day.

• January 14, 2016 at 11:43 am

Yes Marg, we had all those things and more. πŸ™‚

6. January 14, 2016 at 4:09 am

Looks like a wonderful vacation! And 2 lbs isn't bad at all. I would echo what Marg says above – I'm thankful for simple things like health, shelter and more than enough food to eat. Have a great day!

• January 14, 2016 at 11:43 am

I didn't think so either Ellen. Got to get them off though. Easy to put on and oh so tough to get off. πŸ™‚

7. January 14, 2016 at 5:14 am

Wow, wow, wow Sandee. I can even hear the roar of the waves. Beautiful and the food, yummy.

Have a wonderful Thursday you two. See ya.

• January 14, 2016 at 11:44 am

You should have played the videos (first three) and you could have heard the ocean. πŸ™‚

8. January 14, 2016 at 5:19 am

I so miss the ocean! I grew up on the ocean. My parents moved inland when I was 13 for a much shorter work commute for Dad. I've not lived on the ocean since. Maybe one day I will retire near the ocean, God willing.

So happy you two enjoyed your mini-vaca!

big hugs xoxo

• January 14, 2016 at 11:44 am

I was born and raised about 12 miles from the pacific ocean as a kid. We visited as often as we could. I have to see the ocean now and then. I can understand the appeal. πŸ™‚

9. Jim
    January 14, 2016 at 5:35 am

I'm envious, Sandee. Looks wonderful. Two pounds?
    Your Mexican food is making me hungry for some. Our Houston area is the Mexican food capital of the world! For that but also most eating out places per capita in the U.S.
    5-p

• January 14, 2016 at 11:45 am

And that Mexican restaurant was mighty good. I'd go again and if in the area will surly go again. πŸ™‚

10. LAC
    January 14, 2016 at 5:48 am

Beautiful! That would definitely recharge the batteries. Thanks for sharing the views with us.

• January 14, 2016 at 11:45 am

It did recharge our batteries. πŸ™‚

11. January 14, 2016 at 5:56 am

We always request for rooms with sea/ocean view whenever possible. Your have a great holiday by the ocean. Maybe for the 1st night the roar of the waves would have kept me awake. I especially like the last pic. Great view!

• January 14, 2016 at 11:49 am

What is the point of going to the ocean if you can't see the ocean from your room. I so agree. πŸ™‚

12. January 14, 2016 at 6:07 am

Your videos put me to sleep. Not the short one though.

• January 14, 2016 at 11:50 am

The ocean lulls me to sleep too Joe. It was a wonderful four night getaway. πŸ™‚

13. January 14, 2016 at 6:46 am

Hooray for wonderful vacations!

• January 14, 2016 at 11:50 am

Double hooray for wonderful vacations. πŸ™‚

14. January 14, 2016 at 7:09 am

I'm not going to try to match wits with you today. You stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

• January 14, 2016 at 11:50 am

You're way smarter than I am. Go for it. πŸ™‚

15. January 14, 2016 at 7:18 am

We have a short trip planned next month. Just a little get-a-way from everyday life. Sometimes big vacations can be just as stressful as the life we leave behind, but the short trips are often very relaxing. Have a blessed week-end.

• January 14, 2016 at 11:51 am

I agree with you book too many things to do. We didn't. We did whatever we wanted and there was no stress. Enjoy your getaway. πŸ™‚

16. January 14, 2016 at 7:47 am

I'm thankful for my wonder beautiful trophy bride, my Darlin' and that we are blessed by the Lord to be able to have done this trip.

I love you my Darlin'
    Your Faithful, Loving Husband.

• January 14, 2016 at 11:52 am

We did have a very nice time didn't we. Yes we did. Love you to the moon and back. πŸ™‚

17. January 14, 2016 at 8:13 am

I love your room and its ocean views, Sandee! Gorgeous photos and videos, thank you so much for sharing!

• January 14, 2016 at 11:52 am

You are most welcome Linda. πŸ™‚

18. January 14, 2016 at 8:52 am

Wow! The Pacific Ocean is drop dead gorgeous! It's much wilder than the Gulf Of Mexico. I really enjoyed watching the videos. Oh, and the room at the Holiday Inn was spectacular. I'm so happy you had such a good time.

And I agree with you about taking another vacation. Like you said, "Why Not?" These were really great Sandee. Thanks for sharing.

"Big Hugs" to you, and have a fun day!

P.S. I think I will have to return to listen to the ocean again. It really does sound great.

• January 14, 2016 at 11:53 am

Yes the pacific ocean is drop dead gorgeous. This is one of our favorite places to visit. πŸ™‚

19. January 14, 2016 at 8:54 am

Oh, I forgot to tell you what I'm grateful for; my health, great friends, family, and of course, Simon. In addition to Comedy Plus!

xoxoxo

• January 14, 2016 at 11:56 am

Those are all good things to be grateful for. πŸ™‚

20. January 14, 2016 at 9:22 am

What a beautiful place! Loved the ocean videos! I could watch the winter waves for hours as they crash against the rocks. That coastline looks like ours here and there's something magical about the power of nature. Glad you and Zane had such a wonderful getaway!

• January 14, 2016 at 11:57 am

You and I both love the coast. It's the most wonderful place to unwind and enjoy the scenery. πŸ™‚

21. January 14, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Love the videos. I could almost smell the ocean. Coastal living calls us all but we all aren't fortunate enough to even visit as often as you guys do. About as close as I get is buying the Coastal Living magazine. LOL

• January 14, 2016 at 1:23 pm

I've always loved the ocean. We visit whenever we can. And now that Little Bit is gone we don't have any excuses not to go. πŸ™‚

22. January 14, 2016 at 12:59 pm

Ohhhh myyyyyyy!! I am thankful that you BOTH had a marvelous time! I am thankful that you shared these fabulous videos and photos of the hotel room and the food!!! OMG there is nothing, NOTHING like falling asleep listening to the ocean. It reminds me of when my husband and I honeymooned in Kauai almost 10 yrs ago (second marriage for both)…….Ohhhhhh how I want to be by the ocean right now!! THANK YOU for sharing!!!! xoxoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

• January 14, 2016 at 1:24 pm

Oh Kauai is our favorite island of all the Hawaiian islands. We've thought about spending the month of January there some time. Don't know if we will, but we love Kauai. πŸ™‚

January 14, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Sounds awesome. What a great place to relax and get away. Glad you enjoyed yourself

• January 14, 2016 at 1:25 pm

We did enjoy yourselves very much. We'll go again sometime, perhaps in the summer. πŸ™‚

24. January 14, 2016 at 1:37 pm

wow! these videos were great! I do miss the ocean. Good to hear what a great time you had- today I am thankful for all the snow we are getting-even in it's somewhat inconvenience- we need it and I'm not going to complain! Cheers and hugs!

• January 14, 2016 at 2:38 pm

We so loved the ocean this past weekend. It was most active. There are times when it's pretty mild even at high tide, but not last weekend. πŸ™‚

25. January 14, 2016 at 1:50 pm

I love the sound of the ocean. Once I lived next to the freeway. I simply pretended that the roar of the cards was the ocean. Santa Cruz is a 40+ drive away. Next time we're there and wanting Mexican food, we'll try Olitas. Thanks for the tip.

• January 14, 2016 at 2:39 pm

We enjoyed Olitas very much. We also love good Mexican food anytime. What am I saying…we love food. πŸ™‚

26. January 14, 2016 at 1:55 pm

Oh Sandee, that trip sounds so relaxing and wonderfully romantic too. I love the ocean. My hubby has b=never been and our daughter Rebekah feels it is her duty to take her dad and wants to book a California trip to do so! She first visited the Atlantic ocean with her friend who was in the U S Navy several years ago and went to Wash DC with him and some other sailor boys! we felt like she was safe with all those sailors around her watching out for her. Then she and Zach went to San Diego for a convention when they worked at Sonic and she loved the Pacific Ocean too. Sigh…nice memories. I loved the ocean when I was younger and my girlfriends lived in Southern California. I am anxious to make the trip, we will wait and see how their job situation plays out at the ins. co. this summer. Hugs, Anne

• January 14, 2016 at 2:41 pm

I remember the first time I saw the ocean. I was in awe. Giving the right ocean it's easy to be in awe. I love a more active ocean like we had last weekend. Big hugs back. πŸ™‚

27. January 14, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Ooooh, I forget to be thankful for the health I have and the sun shining today. Tomorrow the snow will return. Hugs, Anne

• January 14, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Health and the sun shining? Doesn't get much better than that. More hugs. πŸ™‚

28. January 14, 2016 at 3:45 pm

No sound came match the sounds of waves breaking when bedtime comes.

• January 14, 2016 at 3:58 pm

You're right about that Ron. πŸ™‚

29. January 14, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Oh Sandee that just sounded like pure heaven. I love a good rocky coast. Best wave sounds. I'd be sleeping like a baby, too! So glad you two were able to fully enjoy the experience.

• January 15, 2016 at 7:13 am

We did enjoy our long weekend. We'll go back sometime this year. We had such a lovely time. πŸ™‚

30. January 14, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Seymour thinks you win the next host location he wants to revisit πŸ˜‰

• January 15, 2016 at 7:16 am

Of course I do. He's always welcome here. Always. πŸ™‚

31. January 15, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Your mini vacation sounds lovely! I'm so happy for you. πŸ™‚ Enjoyed your photos and videos very much!

• January 15, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Seriously, I might just play your videos in the background while I'm trying to write… the sound of the surf really is sooooo relaxing…!

• January 15, 2016 at 2:15 pm

It was great fun Sarah. We're planning on visiting there again sometime this summer. πŸ™‚

• January 15, 2016 at 2:15 pm

It was most relaxing listening to the surf all weekend long. πŸ™‚

32. January 15, 2016 at 6:09 pm

sounds as if you had a great trip.
    The power of the sea!

• January 16, 2016 at 9:44 am

It was a fabulous trip Binky. We loved every minute. πŸ™‚

33. January 15, 2016 at 9:49 pm

Wow, Sandee! That looks like it was so beautiful. Despite the "violent" waves it still looks like you had a "tranquil" relaxing time. Loved the videos in particular. Love to hear the sounds. Thanks for sharing! And good job on only gaining 2 lbs. I eat a cookie and I'm up a pound! Just sayin' πŸ˜‰

• January 16, 2016 at 9:45 am

I'm way older than you so I can relate to the weight gain. It was that hill that kept the weight down. That was one mean climb. Love you Wendy. πŸ™‚

❀I Love Comments❀