Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful that my hubby and I are going out of town for a long weekend this afternoon. So we’re not going to be around much until the first part of next week. So we’ll be taking a break from blogging and commenting.

I’m thankful that we’ll be on the coast for four nights and five days.Β  There is nothing so wonderful than falling asleep listening to the roar of the ocean.

I’m thankful there’s a great Italian restaurant nearby that we love and their seafood is awesome. When you walk in you are hit with the wonderful smell of garlic. Nothing better than garlic. We plan on having some great food.

I’m thankful that we’ll be visiting the Pasta Moon on Saturday. We’ve not been there before and we’re looking forward to a cocktail and some dinner. The Linguine with Manila Clams sounds like a dish made just for me. We love Half Moon Bay.

I’m thankful that hubby and I can go many places now, but I would give that all up to have Little Bit back. We miss her so, but are so thankful we had her for almost 13 years. I still cry way too much, or perhaps not enough.

I’m thankful for my health.

I’m thankful for our new ride. There is a lot to be said for not worrying about breaking down. We were starting to worry about that with our last vehicle, and we have some long trips to take this year.

What are you thankful for today?

Image Credit: MiMi King

61 comments for “Thankful Thursday

January 7, 2016 at 2:01 am

That sounds like heavenly long weekend plans. I hope you have a great time. Eat some garlicy seafood for me please πŸ™‚
    I know what you mean about missing LIttle Bit. As long as it's been since Duke has been gone I still see a picture of him and start crying.

• January 7, 2016 at 9:47 am

We are so looking forward to returning to a place that we so loved to visit. We've been all over that area. It's such a beautiful coastline.

I cry all the time about Little Bit. πŸ™‚

2. January 7, 2016 at 4:00 am

You are so right – there is nothing better than the smell of garlic. I love the stuff! Have a wonderful getaway, especially the garlic at the Italian restaurant.

• January 7, 2016 at 9:48 am

Oh and this Italian place is pure heaven where garlic is concerned. πŸ™‚

3. January 7, 2016 at 4:05 am

Your weekend sounds fabulous! I hope you both enjoy it to the fullest!

I am thankful that Al's new (old) pick'em up truck finally got delivered earlier this week… because that poor man doesn't have nearly enough projects lined up to keep him busy. πŸ˜‰

big hugs xoxo

• January 7, 2016 at 9:48 am

That's our plan Barb. That and too much yummy food. We can diet when we return home.

Al is one busy guy isn't he. πŸ™‚

4. January 7, 2016 at 4:30 am

Hi Sandee, enjoy your wonderful long weekend holidays with your hubby. This is a beautiful thanksgiving post. May we be always thankful. I love garlic and we use a lot of garlic too. You have taken great care of Little Bit and I am sure Little Bit would love you to have an enjoyable, well deserved holiday.

• January 7, 2016 at 9:49 am

We will Nancy. I'm sure you're right about Little Bit. She would want us to be happy. She was the very best dog we ever had. πŸ™‚

5. January 7, 2016 at 4:41 am

Sounds like a fabulous trip! Have a great time.
    Sleeping to the sound of the actual ocean is the best sleep in the world. I miss it.

• January 7, 2016 at 9:49 am

It is the very best way. Being on our boat isn't bad either. πŸ™‚

6. January 7, 2016 at 5:33 am

I'm thankful that you enjoy Italian food especially garlic. I'll consider you officially Italian my friend and I can say that because I'm and Italian. Ha,ha,ha.

Enjoy your Thursday Sandee & Zane and have fun on your love fest weekend. I can say that also because I'm Italian. See ya.

• January 7, 2016 at 9:50 am

Thank you Paul. I will enjoy being Italian. Bring on the food. πŸ™‚

7. January 7, 2016 at 5:50 am

Sounds like you've got a great get-away planned. Have fun and I'm with Paul on being thankful for Italian food.

• January 7, 2016 at 9:51 am

Italian is my very favorite of all foods. πŸ™‚

8. January 7, 2016 at 6:00 am

Sounds like you got some good times approaching Sandee

Have a garlictastic day :-f

• January 7, 2016 at 9:51 am

We're both going to have a garlictastic weekend Steve. Thanks. πŸ™‚

9. January 7, 2016 at 6:06 am

Hope you have a wonderful trip. And I know that Little Bit will be right there with you watching over you. So you have some good fun.

• January 7, 2016 at 9:51 am

It would be wonderful if we still had our baby girl, but you know all about that. πŸ™‚

10. January 7, 2016 at 6:16 am

So happy for you, what a great weekend. I am thankful for my husband, having friends like you that put up with me, and waking up to a new day.

• January 7, 2016 at 9:52 am

You're easy to put up with Saundra. You've been a wonderful friend for many years. πŸ™‚

11. January 7, 2016 at 7:10 am

I'm thankful always that the kids are healthy (my grown ones too). Thankful I am too. The rest will fall into place, and for that I am thankful too. πŸ™‚ Have a great long weekend!

• January 7, 2016 at 9:52 am

The rest will fall into place because you have a great attitude about life. πŸ™‚

12. January 7, 2016 at 7:15 am

It sounds like a great plan for a nice long weekend, Sandee! Enjoy your time! πŸ™‚

• January 7, 2016 at 9:53 am

Thanks Linda, we're looking forward to some travel this year. πŸ™‚

13. January 7, 2016 at 7:24 am

I am thankful that our college sophomore grand daughter is spending a couple of days with us before she goes back to school.

I am thankful that we decided to downsize our home and move back into town. I miss the animals that roamed the area around our more rural location, but I appreciate the convenience of being close to things we need and less maintenance of the new place.

Have a wonderful week-end and enjoy the food.

• January 7, 2016 at 9:56 am

Enjoy your granddaughter, and I know you're happy about moving into town. It's a good thing. πŸ™‚

14. January 7, 2016 at 7:50 am

Comment from Jennifer Humphries that I accidentally deleted:

Oh the smell of garlic, pasta, seafood and the ocean!In in. When should I be ready to leave πŸ™‚ Have a great time!

• January 7, 2016 at 9:57 am

We'll be leaving around 1:30 this afternoon. We'll toss your bag in the SUV and off we go. πŸ™‚

15. January 7, 2016 at 7:59 am

Thankful Sweetie was able to get Bigger Girl's oil changed, and that all is well.

• January 7, 2016 at 9:57 am

That's a good thing. Sweetie is helping a lot and that rocks. πŸ™‚

16. January 7, 2016 at 8:32 am

Half Moon Bay! You should be thankful that you're not going in October during the Pumpkin Festival-what a zoo.

• January 7, 2016 at 9:58 am

Half Moon Bay isn't all that big so I'm happy we weren't there for the Pumpkin Festival. πŸ™‚

17. January 7, 2016 at 10:17 am

This trip in your new ride sounds delightful. Italian food and the ocean…that rocks my boat!

Life is good. Enjoy. I know you would give all that fun stuff up just to have LB back. We do love our furbabies and miss them when they are gone. I still cry over sweet Parker kitty after 5 years!

Big hugs, honey…

• January 7, 2016 at 10:41 am

We're planning on enjoying ourselves and then some. We've not been away just the two of us in a very long time. πŸ™‚

18. January 7, 2016 at 10:19 am

It sounds like you're going to have a really great weekend! I am thankful for the yoga studio I found since moving to a new state. It helps to bring peace into my life every time I go!

• January 7, 2016 at 10:41 am

Yoga is a great way to center oneself. Yes it is. πŸ™‚

19. January 7, 2016 at 10:37 am

Awww first off consider yourself hugged big time for Little Bit. Now two thumbs up for your trip to Half Moon Bay! As a child we went there a lot- loved it! Have a wonderful time in your new ride and with your best pal Zane!

• January 7, 2016 at 10:42 am

We will honey and thanks for the hug for Little Bit. I've shed a million tears and I'm sure there are many more to come. πŸ™‚

20. January 7, 2016 at 10:40 am

ooops- forgot to say my thanks for my sweetheart who has been working so hard on remodeling our upstairs bathroom. Now's the time as we have no guests in it til Springtime! I am also always thankful to be living in the best country- it is not perfect- but it's the best in the world! Cheers!

• January 7, 2016 at 10:43 am

We're hoping to visit in May. We're going to Portland and then back home. We could visit you and Russell for a bit. We'll stay at a hotel though. It's much more comfortable for us. πŸ™‚

21. January 7, 2016 at 10:41 am

I'm so happy for you Sandee, and Little Bit is too. Have a spectacular time! And stay away from custard!

Have a safe and happy trip, oh, and write my name in the sand for me, O.K.?

I'm thankful for great friends, family, my health, and for course, for Simon.

Big vacation wishes! I cannot think of two people who deserve it more.

Hugs to you!

• January 7, 2016 at 10:43 am

Thanks Annie. We'll write your name in the sand for sure. Have a fabulous day. Big hugs back. πŸ™‚

22. January 7, 2016 at 11:25 am

I'm with you on the getaway place and especially the Italian food. Life would be lessened without garlic.

Recent bad news about my father-in-law's health has made me ever more grateful for everyone else's good health in the family. It can all go to heck in the blink of an eye.

• January 7, 2016 at 11:53 am

Sorry about your father-in-law, but you're spot on about our health can go to heck in the blink of an eye. At my age I'm very aware of that fact. πŸ™‚

23. January 7, 2016 at 11:49 am

Enjoy the week away! There's no place like the coast to relax.

I'm grateful my husband and I found my missing keys! They fell from my pocket on New Year's Day and caused quite a stressful weekend.

I'm also grateful for a wide-open Saturday to catch up on email, books, and writing projects. (Hopefully, it stays that way too!) Then Sunday, I plan to relax, relax, relax.

My husband and I miss our pets who in the past few years have passed to Rainbow Bridge. We're grateful though for our cat trio and solo dog who make life full.

Enjoy your trip! All the best for a fun and safe year.

• January 7, 2016 at 11:54 am

Thanks Allison. Having some lunch right now and we'll be heading out in about an hour or so. Looking forward to a great long weekend. Enjoy your weekend too. πŸ™‚

24. January 7, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Hope you have a wonderful time in Half Moon Bay! I'm still crying over Sadie after 3.5 years so I totally understand. Have a safe and fun weekend!

• January 8, 2016 at 7:44 am

I'm sure I'll still be crying over Little Bit at 3.5 years too. It is the way of things. We're having a great time. πŸ™‚

25. January 7, 2016 at 5:48 pm

we are thankful to be alive!! Have a wonderful and most DESERVED break!! Hoping you have a fabulous time! Share some photos! xoxoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

• January 8, 2016 at 7:45 am

I'm thankful to be alive too. We're having a great time. πŸ™‚

26. January 7, 2016 at 8:35 pm

That sounds like a wonderful weekend. I've seen the ocean once but don't remember the sound. I bet you'll have a great time.

• January 8, 2016 at 7:46 am

As I reply to your comment I'm listening to the waves crash on the shore. Most lovely. πŸ™‚

27. January 7, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Sounds divine! Have some clams for me! We have a weekend coming up. I rented a vacation home at one of our state parks. Can't wait!

• January 8, 2016 at 7:47 am

I had a wonderful meal last night. Shell fish with fettuccine in a spicy marinara sauce. It was most delightful. Had lots of garlic bread too. πŸ™‚

28. January 8, 2016 at 1:43 am

Hubby and I lived in El Granada, the little town just north of Half Moon Bay along Hwy1 before we moved to New Zealand. We love Half Moon Bay also. Hope you are enjoying it.

• January 8, 2016 at 7:48 am

I love this area of coastline. It's been calling to us for a very long time. πŸ™‚

29. January 8, 2016 at 5:04 am

I am thankful to god for providing such a wonderful weekend to you.
    Best wishes.

• January 8, 2016 at 7:48 am

I am too my friend, I am too. πŸ™‚

30. January 8, 2016 at 6:42 am

Happy trip !
    Enjoy Italian food. Garlic is medicinal.

• January 8, 2016 at 7:49 am

Garlic is medicinal for sure. πŸ™‚

31. January 8, 2016 at 3:15 pm

I hope you two have a great time on your trip!