New Wheels

Last Tuesday hubby and I decided it was time to trade in our 8 year old Honda Ridgeline and get a Honda Pilot Elite. This Honda has everything. All the whistles and bells. Technology on steroids. So here’s what our new ride looks like. Meet the 2016 Honda Pilot Elite…
Here’s a few of her features:

Power Tailgate – With the press of a button, the Pilot can automatically lower or raise the tailgate for hands-free access.

Panoramic Roof – Enjoy a more comprehensive view of Mother Nature.

LED Headlights – LED headlights help you see more of what’s on the road while using less energy.

Rear Entertainment System – Pop in a DVD or Blu-rayβ„’ disc to enjoy your favorite videos on a brilliant 9-inch screen.

8-Inch Display Audio Touch-Screen – Touch, pinch and swipe your way through music, podcasts and more.

Multi-Angle Rearview Camera – Get a better view of what’s behind you with three different angles: normal, top-down and wide6.

Forward Collision Warning – Immediately alerts you if it senses you are at risk of a collision with a vehicle detected ahead of you.

Lane Departure Warning – Alerts you if you drift out of a detected lane without signaling.

Honda LaneWatchβ„’ – Signal right and a small camera displays live video on your Display Audio screen to reveal nearly four times more than the passenger-side mirror alone.

Auto High-Beam Headlights – High-beam headlights automatically activate or engage when the system determines it’s appropriate.

Blind Spot Information System with Cross Traffic Monitor – Sensors in the rear bumper alert you when approaching vehicles are detected.

9-Speed Automatic Transmission – A 9-speed automatic transmission provides an incredibly refined driving experience and helps improve fuel efficiency.

Intelligent Traction Management – Thanks to improved torque distribution, the all-new AWD system excels in low-traction conditions such as mud, snow or sand.

Idle-Stop – To further increase fuel efficiency, the Pilot can automatically turn off the engine when stopped. Lift your foot off the brake, and it starts right back up.

It’s a solid and very quiet ride. We are planning on taking lots of trips this coming year and we’ll do them in comfort. We love our new wheels.

Honda Logo Image Credit: Auto Cars Concept
Honda Exterior Image Credit: Fast Lane Daily
Honda Interior Image Credit: Automotive Addicts

64 comments for “New Wheels

1. December 29, 2015 at 2:12 am

Yay! I hope you love it!

Al ended up selling his 2013 Toyota Prius Hybrid after driving it less than 2 years for a grand total of about 8,000 miles. It had all the whistles & bells… which were very confusing. It made me nervous and frustrated trying to figure out the dang computer. I don't want a computer in the car, tyvm. I'm back to driving my Lincoln with pure comfort and ease… and not nearly so many whistles and bells.

big hugs xoxo

• December 29, 2015 at 10:39 am

I probably won't use most of the features. It was hard enough to turn on the radio when I went for an appointment last week. I do love her though. πŸ™‚

December 29, 2015 at 2:12 am

Pretty set of wheels. You'll be riding in style now. It's amazing what they have come up with to put into vehicles. I wonder how much longer it will be before all you do is start it enter a location and then sit back while the vehicle does all the driving.

• December 29, 2015 at 10:40 am

I've wondered that myself. I know there are prototypes that can drive themselves, but not sure how long that will take to become a reality. πŸ™‚

3. December 29, 2015 at 3:08 am

Congrats on the new ride! It looks great and lots of fun bells and whistles πŸ™‚

• December 29, 2015 at 10:40 am

We were more interested in all the safety features and this one has them all. Top rated SUV for 2016. πŸ™‚

4. December 29, 2015 at 3:46 am

Congratulations on the new car. Sounds like a great choice.

• December 29, 2015 at 10:41 am

We love Honda products. We've always trusted them to be safe and dependable. πŸ™‚

5. December 29, 2015 at 3:55 am

Wow! What a car! I love this, "Technology on steroids." I couldn't think of two people who deserve it more. Merry Merry, and I want to know when you and hubby are picking me up? All my bags are packed…:)))

I'm very happy for you Sandee.

"Huge hugs"

P.S, and I love your decorations.

xoxo

• December 29, 2015 at 10:41 am

Thanks honey. Our Ridgeline was pretty old and it had lots of miles on her too. It was time. πŸ™‚

6. December 29, 2015 at 5:11 am

It's nice to have the bells & whistles. Congrats on your new ride, she's a beauty.

• December 29, 2015 at 10:42 am

Thanks honey. We thought long and hard before we purchased her. πŸ™‚

7. December 29, 2015 at 5:19 am

That is GORGEOUS and is almost the same color as my Honda Fit!!!!! I am a "Honda Girl" from way back!!!! I have driven NOTHING but Hondas since 1987. All of my others were Civics, and I have had two Fits. LOVE HONDA!!!!! Ready for this? The dealer makes fun of me because I can ONLY DRIVE A STICK! I can't drive an automatic!! (yes, I know I am crazy!) Enjoy it, it is gorgeous and may you drive it in good health and may it lead you to new and remarkable adventures!!! xoxoxoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

• December 29, 2015 at 8:17 am

I can drive a slushbox, but why? I prefer a stick and won't buy an automatic for myself. I've walked out of showrooms when I tell the idiot salesperson that I won't consider an automatic and I keep getting shown them-and the models shown don't come in sticks.

• December 29, 2015 at 10:42 am

I have a Mercedes E320 Sport that I love. It's a 2002 and has 26,000 miles on her. She doesn't go much, but I love here just the same. πŸ™‚

• December 29, 2015 at 10:43 am

Kismet, everyone should drive what they want to drive. That's what makes the world go around. πŸ™‚

8. December 29, 2015 at 5:34 am

Looks brilliant although i don't know much about cars as I don't drive but seeing this makes me want one haha! love "Technology on steroids." LOL

Have a newwheelstastic day Sandee ;-f

• December 29, 2015 at 5:35 am

PS: I like the blue theme

• December 29, 2015 at 10:44 am

We both drive here and there and have some trips planned for next year. What better time to get a new ride and not worry about our old truck. πŸ™‚

• December 29, 2015 at 10:45 am

Thanks Steve. I've a buddy that put the blue theme on her blog and I liked it so much I got it too. πŸ™‚

9. December 29, 2015 at 6:38 am

WOW, WOW, WOW! The only thing that you can't do is fly. Congratulations of your new baby. I just put my baby to sleep for a few months ( my Bumble Bee, my Camero )Zoom Zoom with your new car.

Have an exciting Tuesday Sandee & Zane in your new car. See ya.

• December 29, 2015 at 10:46 am

Thanks Paul. This just fits our travel plans and all the toting we do to the boat. Perfect now that we don't have Little Bit anymore. πŸ™‚

10. December 29, 2015 at 7:08 am

Oh that is fancy! My son used to call my mom's car a hot rod, because it was so fancy. Once I can ditch the minivan someday I want a hot rod like yours too πŸ™‚

• December 29, 2015 at 10:46 am

It's not really a hot rod, but it sure is nice. We love it very much. πŸ™‚

11. December 29, 2015 at 8:18 am

H ad
    O ne
    N ever
    D id
    A gain

• December 29, 2015 at 9:21 am

H-have O-one N-never D-drive A-another car!

Very nice car and except for sports cars, who the hell sells anything but automatic? Jeez, what is with negative people?

And the reason it is hard to find a new car with a stick is because so few people want them, the manufacturers would lose money selling them to the one in 100 purist idiots that demand them.

Enjoy your new car, I am very jealous.

• December 29, 2015 at 9:51 am

Thanks for the compliment.

• December 29, 2015 at 10:47 am

We love Honda. That's the cool thing about all the choices. Everyone can have whatever they like. πŸ™‚

• December 29, 2015 at 10:47 am

It's okay Joe. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I won't drive a Ford. I get it. It's all good. πŸ™‚

• December 29, 2015 at 10:48 am

No offense taken by me Kismet. You're a good friend and you have every right to voice your opinion. Thank you for doing so. πŸ™‚

• December 29, 2015 at 11:36 am

My opinion is when someone is excited about a new car it is best to say something nice or say nothing at all…just voicing my opinion.

And it wasn't a compliment K just in case you are being stupid and not sarcastic.

• December 29, 2015 at 11:41 am

Well, sometimes we let our real opinion creep out. I've done it and wished I hadn't. A learning curve for me. I will say we are both excited about our new ride and tomorrow we're going to take her out on the freeway for the very first time. She is leaps and bounds better than our Ridgeline and we loved that truck a lot. πŸ™‚

• December 29, 2015 at 11:54 am

I thought it might get a chuckle-there was no mean intent. Some took it the wrong way.

• December 29, 2015 at 12:07 pm

I know your sense of humor. It's all good. I took no offense. Have a great day. πŸ™‚

12. December 29, 2015 at 9:09 am

What a beautiful car! I hope it brings you may miles of joy! πŸ™‚

• December 29, 2015 at 10:48 am

We do too Linda. It's smaller than our Ridgeline was and that rocks. πŸ™‚

13. December 29, 2015 at 9:12 am

Wow, what a cool car !
    Love the 'rear entertainment system', watching DVD while driving is cool !
    At what distance will it alert the forward collision warning ?
    Security features ? Safety features ? GPS ? Car air purifier ?
    Brake details ?
    Good post.

• December 29, 2015 at 10:49 am

It has absolutely everything imaginable. Hubby is learning how to do everything. πŸ™‚

14. December 29, 2015 at 9:16 am

I hadn't seen the redesigned Pilot but it's pretty! How exciting! We went from 14 year old vehicles to our new cars so it was a big leap trying to figure out all those bells and whistles! Hubby's car is just one year newer than mine yet they changed it enough that I can't figure anything out. We kept one old vehicle so going back and forth is a culture shock! Enjoy your new ride!

• December 29, 2015 at 10:50 am

It is confusing isn't it. I just love driving an SUV that feels like you're driving a car. πŸ™‚

15. December 29, 2015 at 9:35 am

Beautiful looking vehicle! I love panoramic roofs. I wish I had one on my newest car. All those safety features you have, wow! That will take some getting used to but well worth it. Congratulations.

• December 29, 2015 at 10:51 am

Thanks Jean. I've been drooling over the 2016 Pilot Elite since I saw the first one on the freeway. Hubby decided to review it and wow, it's rated at the top of the heap. πŸ™‚

16. December 29, 2015 at 10:19 am

Wowza…it's beautiful! I love all the bells and whistles. Srsly. My '03 Lexus is still great, barely has 50K miles on it, but I can't see getting rid of it…yet! This tempts me. Point it toward Georgia or FL any time, pretty please!

Big hugs, honey…

• December 29, 2015 at 10:51 am

I hear you. I've a 2002 Mercedes E320 Sport and I love her to pieces. They just go forever don't they. πŸ™‚

17. December 29, 2015 at 11:27 am

wow! what fun for you! and a lot of cool safety features also!
    Now you do know- you can make part of your road trips one to where we are- we'll put you up in our private apartment with a view- or just have you here for lunch! The Red carpet is ready!
    Happy New Year and Car! Lucy says hi!

• December 29, 2015 at 11:36 am

We are heading to Portland for a yacht club function in May. We just may swing by and see you two. Say hi to Miss Lucy. πŸ™‚

18. December 29, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Cool! Plus, Hondas are very reliable cars. I had a Civic once that was such a great car. Have fun with your new toy!

• December 29, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Thanks Stephanie. We love Honda's and have bought 3 of them in the last decade or so. One was for our granddaughter that graduated high school was a great GPA. πŸ™‚

19. December 29, 2015 at 12:50 pm

Oh wow! Congrats! It looks like a sweet ride!

• December 29, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Thanks Lauren. It's a sweet ride and then some. We love our new wheels. πŸ™‚

20. December 29, 2015 at 5:42 pm

That car looks identical to the car Bryan got back in April, except his is a Toyota. Down to the color! Unfortunately, these weren't available back then, or he would have gotten it.
    New car…new (looking) boat… A big year for you and modes of transportation!
    Have fun with it!

• December 30, 2015 at 7:02 am

Doing all these things is a very long story. We didn't do for ourselves for so very long as we were supporting our son. He quit doing anything so we did too. So very sad. πŸ™‚

21. December 29, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Gracious mercy! That's quite a list! In my mind, everything computerized is just one more item that is going to break and i'm going to have to pay to get it fixed. Since i can only identify vehicles as sedan, sports car, truck, van, minivan, and SUV, i am easy to please. Give me an engine that makes all four wheels go the same direction at the same time, a radio, and an A/C and heater, and i'll compromise on those last two if i must.

Enjoy your beautiful ride!

• December 30, 2015 at 7:03 am

I hear you and I've read many a post from you where you're back at the repair shop. I so get what you're saying here. πŸ™‚

22. December 29, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Oh my gosh that sounds like an amazing car and it is really pretty! I hope you really enjoy it in the new year!

• December 30, 2015 at 7:03 am

We do too Becca. We love her already even though she's a challenge. πŸ™‚

23. December 29, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Wow! They've really restyled the Pilot. We have a 2012 Pilot which still looked like a white box. It is very functional and dependable. It has most of the 2012 technology, but I can't imagine how much more is on the new one. Congratulations on the new ride. Enjoy.

• December 30, 2015 at 7:04 am

The lines on the Pilot have changed a great deal and we love all the features. We are so into Honda. What a great product. πŸ™‚

24. December 30, 2015 at 1:52 am

Beautiful car Sandee. Looks like it has all the bells & whistles

• December 30, 2015 at 7:05 am

It does have all the bells and whistles. I'm sure if something goes wrong it won't be cheap to fix either. πŸ™‚

25. December 30, 2015 at 3:22 pm

Looks like a nice car, Sandee. It'll keep you entertained for a very long time with all those gadgets, I'm sure.

• December 30, 2015 at 4:57 pm

Hubby has them pretty much worked out. Me not so much. He's got most of them on automatic so I really don't have to do anything but drive. πŸ™‚

26. January 4, 2016 at 9:23 pm

look forward to a ride …next time around

• January 5, 2016 at 7:36 am

We'd be proud to shuttle you around. We'll do something different if you come back Phil. Don't know what, but you'd help us with that decision. πŸ™‚