Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful that I have been asked to be the Master of Ceremony for our yacht clubs change of watch tomorrow evening. The incoming commodore wants her night a bit different and that’s what she’s going to get. I’m looking forward to a fun evening.

I’m thankful that next Monday our boat goes into the shop for its final face lift. We are going to take before pictures this coming weekend so you can see what was done. It will make a huge difference and we’re so excited about this work.

I’m thankful that we went on the dinner train on Thanksgiving. It was most relaxing. The sun was shining and the views were great. We had champagne and a fabulous turkey dinner. Absolutely no stress at all. We’ll be doing this again next year.

I’m thankful for having Little Bit for as long as we did. We are still having a rough time, but she was so worth having. I’m featuring her on Awww Mondays this coming Monday, so you can see her from a couple of years ago.

So what are you most thankful for today?

Image Credit: MiMi King

60 comments for “Thankful Thursday

1. December 3, 2015 at 12:36 am

Beautiful post Sandee! I'm thankful for my husband and pups! They keep me sane. <3 I'm also thankful for my kitties even though they drive me insane. I guess it's a good balance! πŸ˜‰

• December 3, 2015 at 9:43 am

I love kitties, but they can make you insane. πŸ™‚

2. December 3, 2015 at 1:45 am

That train ride does sound nice. I'm glad you had a good time. Looking forward to seeing Little Bit on Monday. And good luck w/your Master of Ceremony gig and the final face lift for the boat. πŸ™‚ I'm thankful for baby boy (who really is not at all a baby any more) who fell asleep right here next to his mama last night. It's nice to wake up and see his beautiful sleeping face. πŸ™‚

• December 3, 2015 at 9:44 am

Awww, what a sweet thing to have your son sleeping next to you. Very precious. πŸ™‚

3. December 3, 2015 at 2:01 am

I can't wait to see your before and after photos. It's going to be FAB-u-lous!

great big hugs hon xoxo

• December 3, 2015 at 9:44 am

We are both so excited Barb. It's been along time coming. πŸ™‚

4. December 3, 2015 at 2:37 am

A stress free Thanksgiving – that's just not the way I remember them from when I lived in the states.

• December 3, 2015 at 9:45 am

It was the most stress free Thanksgiving I've ever had. πŸ™‚

5. December 3, 2015 at 3:30 am

We are thankful for all kinds of things, a roof over our heads, all these kitty kats that keep the Mom busy and just plain thankful to be on this side of dirt.. We are thankful to have you and Zane as our friends. Can't wait til Monday to see pictures of Little Bit. That will be fun. Sandee , you and Zane have a wonderful day.

• December 3, 2015 at 9:45 am

I know you're thankful for all your babies Marg. They are more than precious. πŸ™‚

6. December 3, 2015 at 4:09 am

Today i am thankful that we will have some sunshine peeking through for the next few days. We've needed it!

• December 3, 2015 at 9:46 am

We don't have any sunshine here today. It over at your place. πŸ™‚

7. December 3, 2015 at 4:20 am

Champagne and turkey on a train – that sounds like a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving. And no dishes either! Have fun at the yacht club event. Looking forward to Monday's picture. Cheers – Ellen

• December 3, 2015 at 9:46 am

It was a wonderful way to spend Thanksgiving. We're going to do it again next year. πŸ™‚

8. December 3, 2015 at 4:38 am

So exciting to be getting that boat all fixed up. Can't wait to see the photos!
    Your Thanksgiving sounds lovely.
    Have a great time tomorrow!

• December 3, 2015 at 9:46 am

We'll be taking the before pictures this coming weekend. πŸ™‚

9. December 3, 2015 at 4:57 am

I am looking forward to seeing the photos, Sandee! It sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! πŸ™‚

• December 3, 2015 at 9:47 am

We did have a great Thanksgiving. Wonderful and so relaxing. πŸ™‚

10. December 3, 2015 at 5:25 am

After going to the visitation for my friend Steve, I'm thankful for allowing God to give me each day with my wife & children.

Sandy, enjoy each day with love and appreciation my friend. See ya.

• December 3, 2015 at 9:47 am

I know this is hard for you Paul. He was far too young. πŸ™‚

11. December 3, 2015 at 5:28 am

I told my son about your Thanksgiving train and he wants to do that next year. I told him paying for a family of 6 to do that would be pretty expensive, not to mention the noise the toddler and 8 year old make probably wouldn't be very appreciated by the other diners! I am glad you had a wonderful time though πŸ™‚ Happy Thursday!

• December 3, 2015 at 9:48 am

It's not cheap, but it's so worth having a stress free holiday. πŸ™‚

12. December 3, 2015 at 5:29 am

I know you will make the ceremonies FUN. You always do. Looking forward to seeing LB's photo, and the boat photos. I'm already smiling.

Big hugs, honey…

• December 3, 2015 at 9:48 am

I've got everything dialed in and the incoming commodore is happy with what I've done, so we are good to go. πŸ™‚

13. December 3, 2015 at 5:38 am

I am thankful I had lunch yesterday with people I love and am going to a Christmas party today. I am thankful for a lot of things and one of those is the opportunity to come here on Thursdays and be reminded to be thankful.

• December 3, 2015 at 9:48 am

Sounds like you have a red letter day in the making. Enjoy. πŸ™‚

14. December 3, 2015 at 5:49 am

Good for you two to get the boat facelift! You both deserve it! Looking forward to seeing more of Little Bit- I bet you miss her a lot- our four legged family members are extra special.Lots of hugs to you!

• December 3, 2015 at 9:49 am

We do miss her terribly. Terribly. She was a constant companion for almost 13 years. πŸ™‚

15. December 3, 2015 at 6:26 am

Awesome energy, Sandee! I've heard it said, "Happy people aren't grateful because they're happy but rather happy because they're grateful."

• December 3, 2015 at 9:49 am

You are correct…grateful people are happy people. πŸ™‚

16. December 3, 2015 at 7:00 am

You should be thankful that you're out of the boat club biz. Can't wait until the LB tribute.

• December 3, 2015 at 9:50 am

Well, I'm not really. I still have stuff to do, but not nearly as much work. πŸ™‚

17. December 3, 2015 at 7:53 am

As always we are beyond thankful for your friendship and your comments that always make us smile. It is people like YOU who makes it all worthwhile. Oh I LOVE how your dinner cruise sounded!!!! That sounds like an amazing time! I am looking forward to seeing "LB" too….sending you much love and many, many (((hugs))))) xoxoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

• December 3, 2015 at 9:50 am

You're most welcome Caren. Love you and your babies you know. πŸ™‚

18. December 3, 2015 at 7:54 am

Nice post again Sandee good to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving, I hope all goes well tomorrow.

Have a thankfultastic day Sandee :-h

• December 3, 2015 at 9:51 am

I hope all goes well tomorrow too. There is a packed room to entertain for about and hour or so. πŸ™‚

19. December 3, 2015 at 8:01 am

Your thanksgiving train ride sounds like fun. I'm thankful for good health, jobs, and a warm home even though I sometimes think we have it bad.

• December 3, 2015 at 9:51 am

Being grateful makes one happy. πŸ™‚

20. December 3, 2015 at 8:38 am

Enjoy your weekend!

• December 3, 2015 at 9:52 am

You too Michelle. πŸ™‚

21. December 3, 2015 at 8:54 am

Oh wow…that sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving. No fighting relatives, no cooking, and champagne. My kind of holiday!

• December 3, 2015 at 9:52 am

Exactly, and it's my kind of holiday from now on. πŸ™‚

22. December 3, 2015 at 9:27 am

I am thankful that I have a love for music, even if I can't sing or play an instrument. I am thankful for the message and the joy that music can bring into my life. This time of year music becomes an important part of the Christmas celebration. You can hear it everywhere, but I love finding new music that celebrates the purpose of Christmas. But, you already knew that.

• December 3, 2015 at 9:53 am

I do already know all of this. I sure enjoy your Christmas Music Marathons each year. πŸ™‚

23. December 3, 2015 at 10:01 am

You have a lot to be thankful for! The dinner train sounds like a great time! I know how hard it is after we lose our furbabies. It's been three years since we lost Sadie but her birthday is coming up in a few weeks and I'm grieving all over again. I am thankful that Isabella continues to get better and that Angel didn't catch her kitty cold. I'm also thankful I'm finally feeling somewhat better since we'll be heading to see Mickey this weekend!

Have a wonderful day Sandee! Hugs to you!

• December 3, 2015 at 10:38 am

We just couldn't be at home that day. Little Bit shared so many Thanksgivings and other holidays. She always laid between hubby and I and waited for her little pieces of turkey. We miss her so. Hugs back. πŸ™‚

24. December 3, 2015 at 11:05 am

For the first time in many, many years, we had Thanksgiving dinner for just the four of us. It was nice to have both of our daughters at home.

I'm glad you two enjoyed your getaway. Your reply to Beaded Tail just broke my heart because we always give our pets turkey on Thanksgiving, too, and we're thinking about how many more Thanksgivings we're going to have with our German Shepherd, Elke. Her hip displasia is worsening. She's going to be 9 on Saturday and hope she'll be around even if we have to fashion a doggie wheelchair for her.

• December 3, 2015 at 11:39 am

I can so relate. It's ever so hard to lose our babies. They embed themselves so deeply in our hearts. I've cried a river of tears. Thank you for your kind words. πŸ™‚

25. December 3, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Happy belated Thanksgiving day!

irenethayer.com

• December 4, 2015 at 7:44 am

Thank you Irene. πŸ™‚

December 3, 2015 at 4:04 pm

any stress free holiday is worth repeating πŸ™‚ I like your new festive look

• December 4, 2015 at 7:44 am

Yes, stress free rocks. We so loved our Thanksgiving. Thanks for the kudos on the new festive look. πŸ™‚

27. December 3, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Some fun stuff to be thankful for! And worried that you might have lost a pet? πŸ™ If so, *HUGS*

• December 4, 2015 at 7:46 am

We did lose our Little Bit on October 22nd. We miss her so.

Thanks for the hugs. πŸ™‚

28. December 3, 2015 at 9:54 pm

I'm thankful for all the provision for all our financial needs πŸ™‚ also for a very loving husband .

Have fun tonight Sandee!

• December 4, 2015 at 7:46 am

I'm happy for you too Rocks.

We'll have fun so thanks. πŸ™‚

29. December 4, 2015 at 3:00 pm

I bet you're glad most of your duties at the yacht club are finished now, and that you have all that extra free time.

• December 5, 2015 at 8:37 am

I did my gig as master of ceremony last night and that was my last really big deal. I have a few international meetings to attend, but that's not a big deal in terms of work. Yes, it's time for me to do what I want to do. πŸ™‚

30. December 8, 2015 at 7:44 am

A dinner train for Thanksgiving … sounds like a great idea!

Looking forward to seeing your pictures of your boat's facelift. I know you must be excited!

• December 8, 2015 at 7:59 am

It was a wonderful idea and we'll do it again next year. Most relaxing.

Can't wait to see the boat either. It will be beautiful when they are done. πŸ™‚