Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful we avoided Halloween by being on our boat last Saturday. It was a quiet and enjoyable weekend. I didn’t see one trick or treat kid/teenager. They are cute, but it’s just not our thing anymore.

I’m thankful Little Bit spent the weekend with us. She was in an urn, but we talked with her and it brought us some peace and comfort to have her back.

I’m thankful for the rain we got last Monday. Everything was so very dry. I hope we have a wet winter. We are in a severe drought.

I’m thankful that Saturday will be my last official work as president for IOBG Delta District 19. I hand the gavel to the incoming president and I can step back. It’s been a great experience, but I’m ready to take it easy. One more year at the head table and I’ll be done with a decade of volunteering for yacht clubs.

I’m thankful to live in a great country. There is much to fix, and there are many issues that need addressing, but I’d rather live here than just about anywhere else.

I’m thankful that we have a cruise that starts tomorrow. I can’t wait to get out on the water again and just enjoy the scenery as we boat down the channel. We love it so.

So what are you most thankful for today?

Image Credit: MiMi King

54 comments for “Thankful Thursday

1. November 5, 2015 at 3:09 am

Enjoy your cruise – that sounds like it will be a great trip! I'm thankful for having plenty of food to eat everyday. So many people are less fortunate and go to bed hungry.

• November 5, 2015 at 9:22 am

Yes, we have much to be thankful for don't we. πŸ™‚

2. November 5, 2015 at 4:40 am

Yes, enjoy your cruise!

I am thankful that my health has improved so much this past year and that I'm actually feeling great. I am thankful that I still have choices left in life. Lots of people my age don't.

• November 5, 2015 at 9:23 am

Yes, your health is far better this fall than last fall. Good for you. πŸ™‚

3. November 5, 2015 at 5:15 am

Nice post Sandee quite poignant too, I hope you enjoy your time back out on the water

Have a floattastic day y-)

• November 5, 2015 at 9:23 am

We won't have Little Bit with us, but we'll do our best. πŸ™‚

4. November 5, 2015 at 5:22 am

Glad you are having such a good time on your boat and talking to Little Bit. We know she is listening. I am thankful for my health and all my cats and all my blogger friends. Lots to be thankful for,, that is for sure. Have a great cruise. Sandee and Zane, you two have a great day.

• November 5, 2015 at 9:24 am

We know she is listening Marg. We miss her so very much. πŸ™‚

5. November 5, 2015 at 5:28 am

A cruise? How exciting! On your beautifully remodeled boat! I hope you have a great timeπŸ˜€ Happy Thursday to you!

• November 5, 2015 at 5:29 am

P.S. I have no idea what those question mark thingies are or how they got inserted….

• November 5, 2015 at 9:24 am

It's most wonderful to go places on our boat. We have the second remodel coming up in December. πŸ™‚

• November 5, 2015 at 9:32 am

It probably has something to do with a font I have for this site. Not to worry. πŸ™‚

6. November 5, 2015 at 5:36 am

I'm very thankful just for life itself and being happy with my lovely wife and friends, all my friends, those near me and blogger friends.
    Have a than thankful Thursday Sandee. See ya.

• November 5, 2015 at 9:33 am

You are a very lucky man Paul, but you already know that. πŸ™‚

7. November 5, 2015 at 5:38 am

I am ever so thankful that we live in the same town as our grand kids. We have a front row seat to watch them grow up and get to be involved in many of their activities. They are growing up too fast, as the youngest is now twelve, so there aren't quite as many activities to attend as when they were younger.

• November 5, 2015 at 9:33 am

You are very involved with your grand crew. I've always enjoyed your adventures. πŸ™‚

8. November 5, 2015 at 6:43 am

Aww, so glad y'all took LB for another boat ride.

Like Driller, I am thankful that all our kids and grands live nearby and we see them often. I am thankful for many friends, both near and far. Blessed beyond measure!

Big hugs, honey…

• November 5, 2015 at 9:34 am

And I enjoy reading about your kids and grands too. πŸ™‚

9. November 5, 2015 at 6:53 am

Sandee, I am with you on the Halloween thing. I tend to hibernate on that night. LOL! I stayed home, watched a little TV and snuggled up with my cat, it was nice and quiet. πŸ™‚ Enjoy your cruise, dear friend. Hugs. πŸ™‚

• November 5, 2015 at 9:34 am

Nice and quiet for most holidays works for us anymore. πŸ™‚

10. November 5, 2015 at 7:57 am

I'm glad you had a nice weekend and Little Bit was able to go too. I'm thankful that despite how much I hate to go, I'm actually feeling progress from my exercise class. My body is much stronger than my mind when it comes to exercise. I'm also thankful we're getting much needed rain too and everything is turning green.

Enjoy your cruise! Hugs to you!

• November 5, 2015 at 9:35 am

We are back to sunshine. We need some more rain too. Everything is still dry here. πŸ™‚

11. November 5, 2015 at 8:02 am

How lovely being on your boat must be for you! As much as i like them, i wouldn't want to do the work involved in upkeep, so it wouldn't be the life for me.

Right now, i'm thankful to have work, even if i do get tired sometimes.

• November 5, 2015 at 9:36 am

There is a lot of upkeep for boats. Lots. It's fun for us though and we can afford it right now. πŸ™‚

12. November 5, 2015 at 8:33 am

I am thankful for my husband, family and friends, our home and our kitties. So glad you took LB out another time.

I am also thankful one of my sisterdears is visiting for a week! Yay.

Have a lovely day! and rain. πŸ˜‰ big hugs xoxo

• November 5, 2015 at 9:36 am

I saw that your sisterdear was visiting. I know how much you love your sisterdears. πŸ™‚

13. LAC
    November 5, 2015 at 10:30 am

Oh no. Little Bit in an urn?? I had no idea, Sandee. I have to catch up. Sending hugs to you and Mr. Clark!!!!! My heart just broke.

• November 5, 2015 at 12:58 pm

It happened October 22. A horrible day for us. πŸ™‚

14. Jim
    November 5, 2015 at 12:11 pm

You do have lots to be thankful for, Sandee. I am glad for you. Being on the boat over the nice weekend must have been special. Little One, I have been missing problems that you have been having. I am sorry you have to go through being in the urn but am glad you were okay enough to go for the weekend with Sandee.

I am thankful that our moving is over and a lot of the boxes are unpacked. More thankful still is that we can be close to our family. We see Karen and KP two or three times a week now that we live just a few blocks away.

Mixed emotions about our weekend. We had storms and a lot of wind and rain Friday and Saturday but Saturday evening and Sunday were really nice. That meant having Trick or Treaters for the first time in 16 years, we had none when we lived in the hills and golf courses with the 24 hour manned gate to keep outsiders out. Insiders were busy at a lovely Trick, Treat, and Trunk party and off the streets.

Still we enjoyed these little monsters, wild animals. movie characters, etc.
    And before the madness Mrs. Jim and I visited KP to Trick or Treat her. I'd show you her picture but FaceBook locked me out since I shut off their offensive cookie.

• November 5, 2015 at 12:59 pm

I must have missed that you were moving. I've been a bit preoccupied. It's fabulous to hear from you again. πŸ™‚

15. November 5, 2015 at 12:12 pm

I wished we hadn't missed Halloween because we had too much rain .. LOL! Have a great time on your cruise!

• November 5, 2015 at 12:59 pm

Thanks, you know how it is when you take the boat out. Fabulous. πŸ™‚

16. November 5, 2015 at 1:22 pm

This week I'm grateful that Missy Moo is doing very well since her procedure. When my daughter picked her up yesterday they told her she was a little fighter and that she bit the vet.

I'm glad you find comfort in talking to Little Bit. I still haven't told you my story about that night. Just let me know when you're ready for it. My email is:

entropy22@verizon.net.

• November 6, 2015 at 9:01 am

I sent you an email. I'm ready. πŸ™‚

November 5, 2015 at 1:38 pm

I know exactly how you feel about Halloween. It's just not my thing anymore either.

• November 6, 2015 at 9:01 am

And I used to love it so. πŸ™‚

18. November 5, 2015 at 2:17 pm

Yacht club work sounds time consuming. I'm sure it can be fun, but I'm sure you want to have more leisure time.

• November 6, 2015 at 9:02 am

There is a lot of work depending on what chair you're occupying, but it's worth it. πŸ™‚

19. November 5, 2015 at 4:12 pm

OK … I stick with part of the theme. I only have about 5 pounds of candy left. c-)

• November 6, 2015 at 9:02 am

Wow, that's a lot of candy Odie. πŸ™‚

20. November 5, 2015 at 4:57 pm

I'm thankful just to have several good days this week—-they are getting fewer and far between. No complaining—-just the way things are these days.

• November 6, 2015 at 9:03 am

I'm sorry to hear that Ron. I hope things get better. πŸ™‚

21. November 6, 2015 at 1:20 am

I'm thankful for lots of things, but I'm so anxious to move forward. In any case,have a great time out on the water!

• November 6, 2015 at 9:04 am

Not sure what moving forward means, but I'm aware of all the transitions you're going through. I've done probably all of them. πŸ™‚

22. November 6, 2015 at 4:13 am

Have a great time on your cruise. It sounds delightful.

• November 6, 2015 at 9:04 am

They always are delightful. Thank you Christine. πŸ™‚

23. November 6, 2015 at 6:40 am

I am thankful for all the good friends we have. Right now we are up in PDX visiting and running errands. Also catching up with everyone and laughing a lot!
    We had a fun Halloween at our Weed Library and we are all thankful for our new space!
    Have a lovely day !!

• November 6, 2015 at 9:05 am

You're always so upbeat and grateful. It's one of the reasons I like you so much. That positive attitude. πŸ™‚

24. November 6, 2015 at 3:15 pm

Congratulations on being free when you turn over the presidency. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

• November 7, 2015 at 7:43 am

I will enjoy the freedom. It's been a long time coming. πŸ™‚

25. November 6, 2015 at 7:42 pm

I'm thankful for hubby. Left him a note of encouragement and a couple of gift cards on the bathroom mirror for him today, in fact. He's my rock.

• November 7, 2015 at 7:44 am

Your hubby works very hard. That was a great thing to do. πŸ™‚

26. November 6, 2015 at 8:32 pm

If I had come here on the day you wrote it I would have been thankful for my birthday and getting another year older. For today, I am thankful my dad's emergency trip to the hospital wasn't too bad and that he is home now. Your thursday posts are always inspiring, so I am thankful to have you as my friend and to be able to inspired each week by you. (By the way, New Zealand is a pretty cool place to live too.)

• November 7, 2015 at 7:45 am

I know you love New Zealand. It's a beautiful place indeed. I'm just thrilled that your health is much better. πŸ™‚

❀I Love Comments❀