Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful for the rain we got the other day. We were asleep on our boat and it was storming outside. It woke us up because we aren’t used to a storm. Most welcome rain. Not nearly enough, but it’s a start.

I’m thankful for my brother in law that is here today to house/Little Bit sit while we entertain our friend from Australia. We’re off to the boat this afternoon. We just can’t put Little Bit though this whirlwind weekend, so we aren’t. She’ll miss us and we’ll miss her, but she’s home and she loves Mike.

I’m thankful that I’m retired. I loved working when I was working and I had a very high stress job, but not working anymore rocks. I’m busier than ever, but with things I want to do, not things someone else wants me to do.

I’m thankful that we have our home and our boat. We can be in either place and it’s most wonderful. In other words both are home to us.

I’m thankful for all the blog comments I get. Each and every comment is a treasure. Well, not spam as I delete them as soon as possible.

I’m thankful for my wonderful husband, who is and always has been so supportive of whatever I’ve wanted to do. Not all men are like that. I’m one lucky gal.

So what are you most thankful for today?

Image Credit: MiMi King

42 comments for “Thankful Thursday

1. October 8, 2015 at 12:47 am

As I get older I am especially grateful for family, friends and good health.

Have a blast with your visiting Aussie friend. big hugs xoxo

• October 8, 2015 at 9:07 am

Yep, we do change a lot when we age and we become far more wise too. πŸ™‚

2. October 8, 2015 at 2:58 am

Mom is retired as well and she loves it w-)

• October 8, 2015 at 9:08 am

Retirement rocks. πŸ™‚

3. October 8, 2015 at 3:46 am

You are a lucky gal. And I hope you have a ton of fun today with your visit! Hurrah for BILs who house/little bit sit. πŸ™‚

• October 8, 2015 at 9:08 am

We'll pick him up tomorrow afternoon in S.F. and then back to Rio Vista. πŸ™‚

4. October 8, 2015 at 5:35 am

It is really nice to retired. We all have lots of things to be thankful for. Glad Little Bit has a nice companion for the week end. She will have just as good of a time as you are going to have. Take good care.

• October 8, 2015 at 9:08 am

She will miss us, but she's home and she likes being home. πŸ™‚

5. October 8, 2015 at 5:56 am

I am thankful for too many things to list, but I am thankful for YOU and your kindness and my friend Marg who is right above me here! xoxo
    catchatwithcarenandcody

• October 8, 2015 at 9:09 am

Awww, thanks Caren. Scritches to the babies. πŸ™‚

6. October 8, 2015 at 5:56 am

Sometimes I wish I was retired! I work from home and set my own hours, but the emails can sometimes drive me crazy. I'm buried under work right now and the pile just gets higher and higher! But I'm working in my PJs, so who am I to complain?

• October 8, 2015 at 9:09 am

Working at home rocks. I did that now and then too. Always like wearing my robe for most of the day. πŸ™‚

7. October 8, 2015 at 6:18 am

I'm thankful for everything & everyone in my life, that even the days that I feel lousy. it meant that I'm still alive. Retirement saved me. I enjoyed teaching these young children and I still remember and still see some of them but the pressures of some kids, parents, principals, administration and the crazy rules change was getting to me. My health was losing the battle and after a year of retirement, my doctor was amazed of how much my health changed. Thank God for retirement.
    Have a wonderful Thursday Sandee & Zane. Enjoy the time with your friends. See ya.

• October 8, 2015 at 9:10 am

Yep, there is a lot of pressure and stress being a teacher. It's the administration that's the toughest to deal with. The kids are pretty easy. πŸ™‚

8. October 8, 2015 at 6:38 am

I am thankful to have the first part of the week behind me and now my time is my own again. I am thankful for my dog Levi even if he does bark too much. I am thankful that my mind and body are still working well enough for my age. And I am thankful for every day that my family is safe and happy.

• October 8, 2015 at 9:11 am

We both have much to be thankful for. Scritches to Levi. πŸ™‚

9. October 8, 2015 at 6:40 am

Yes Sandee, feeling wonderful to be retired. I am thankful for the people and things that have become part of my life, past and present. I thank God for my husband who is also supportive of what I am doing, for blogger friends like you who has made blogging a very interesting hobby. The list is endless. Have an enjoyable time with your guests.

• October 8, 2015 at 9:11 am

You've a good husband too. That rocks. πŸ™‚

10. October 8, 2015 at 6:48 am

I'm grateful for my many blessings, but I'd be more grateful if my life was less stressful right about now. Just when we think our youngest is out of the woods with the spider bite, she reported that she felt awful last night and was vomiting. That tells me that the antibiotics can't be effective if they're being up-chucked. Gosh, the worries never seem to end.

• October 8, 2015 at 9:12 am

I hope the stress goes away soon. Sorry about your daughters spider bite being so difficult. πŸ™‚

11. October 8, 2015 at 7:36 am

I am thankful for my good health, our country, our family, friends and especially for my wonderful husband who is kind, thoughtful and fun to be with. And of course I am thankful for our sweet Lucy who is home with our friend who stays in our house when we are gone. Another gift to be thankful for. Life is good.
    Life is good.

• October 8, 2015 at 9:13 am

We both have house sitters when necessary. Got to take care of our babies. πŸ™‚

12. October 8, 2015 at 8:33 am

Now I know why my comments offering to get your blog higher rated in the search engines don't show up.

13. October 8, 2015 at 8:38 am

I'm thankful for everything, but today I'm thankful that we actually didn't get any rain miracles do happen :-f

Have a thankfultastic day Sandee =))

• October 8, 2015 at 9:14 am

We'll take whatever rain you don't want. We are so very dry here. πŸ™‚

14. October 8, 2015 at 10:59 am

Glad Little Bit will be able to be safe at home during your friend's visit! I'm thankful for my hubby for loving me even when I'm not so loveable! πŸ™‚

Enjoy your time with your friends! When you get home, give Little Bit a smooch for me!

• October 8, 2015 at 4:24 pm

She didn't like it when we left today. Not one bit. πŸ™‚

15. October 8, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Right now, i'm glad my daughter is here talking to me. She loves to talk, and i love to listen.

• October 8, 2015 at 4:25 pm

That works out well then. πŸ™‚

October 8, 2015 at 3:48 pm

most people I know that are retired say that they are busier now than when they were working. Enjoy your visit with your blog pal

• October 8, 2015 at 4:25 pm

Yep, I'm not sure how that happens, but it does. πŸ™‚

17. October 8, 2015 at 5:57 pm

Dear Sandee, You are a lucky gal and very blessed and I am happy for you.
    I am thankful each day for my kids and my little dog. I am thankful for each and every blessed and miracle the Lord gives me; and for giving my the strength and faith to go forward. xoxoxo Catherine

• October 12, 2015 at 9:50 am

Your thankfulness shows Catherine. πŸ™‚

18. October 8, 2015 at 7:06 pm

I'm thankful for my hubby who chooses to be by my side… And color me weird, but I'm also thankful for the restorative civility of a good cup of coffee! It's the simple things!

• October 12, 2015 at 9:51 am

The simple things are the best things. πŸ™‚

19. October 8, 2015 at 7:54 pm

You are indeed very blessed, Sandy, and knowing this makes me happy! I am grateful for each moment I am given, and I try to cease each moment.

• October 12, 2015 at 9:51 am

I think most of us are very blessed, some just don't realize it. πŸ™‚

20. October 9, 2015 at 7:46 am

I love these posts. A great reminder to count your blessings and focus on what you're thankful for. I'm thankful for my wonderful family and having had the opportunity to spend time with them recently. Cheers – Ellen

• October 12, 2015 at 9:52 am

It's the focus part we all need to be reminded of. I enjoy going along with you on your recent visit with your family. πŸ™‚

21. October 9, 2015 at 12:31 pm

It's nice that you're retired and can now work at things you want to do rather than things you have to do.

• October 12, 2015 at 9:52 am