Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful that the weather is cooler. We were in triple digits for a long time and then it dropped way down into the high 90s. I love all things summer but I’m ready for some cooler weather.

I’m thankful that we will have the boat all ready for our friend from Australia. He’ll be here October 9th. I’m thankful he wants to meet us and spend some time with our boating buddies. I love meeting bloggers.

I’m thankful for all my boating buddies who stepped up to the plate to help make our friend from Australia feel welcome. Boaters are wonderful people.

I’m thankful for all the bloggers I’ve already met. Empress Bee, Dick and Sandy Bell, Barb Mills Arden, Lisa Ceaser, Ferd Crotte and his lovely wife Princess Gail, Katherine, Linda Orlomoski, Tor and Anna Aabo from Oslo Norway. But mostly I’m so proud I met Sarge Charlie. Rest in peace my dear friend.

Thanks Linda Orlomoski for this beautiful tribute. At the end of this video you’ll see Zane and I, the Bells, Barb and Sarge Charlie and Empress Bee. That was the cruise we took just to meet everyone. I’m so thankful we went.

Did I miss anyone? I hope not.

I’m thankful for my health. I’m 64 years young, but am very healthy. My doctor doesn’t yell at me about things when I go in for my checkups. I hope I can continue having good health.

I’m always thankful for hubby and our Little Bit. Both are so precious to me.

I’m thankful for each day I wake up. Life is an amazing journey.

What are you thankful for today?

Image Credit: MiMi King

62 comments for “Thankful Thursday

1. October 1, 2015 at 2:17 am

That cruise was SO much fun. Very special memories. big hugs xoxo

• October 1, 2015 at 8:19 am

It sure was Barb, and well all looked so good in our tiaras. πŸ™‚

2. October 1, 2015 at 3:25 am

I love this. Your thankful moments always make me smile. Beautiful post.

• October 1, 2015 at 8:19 am

Thanks Rhonda. There is so much negativity today. Want to look at the good things. πŸ™‚

3. October 1, 2015 at 3:30 am

Life is an amazing journey! And you're lucky to have met so many bloggers!! πŸ™‚

• October 1, 2015 at 8:20 am

And I'm going to meet more bloggers too. I love meeting bloggers. πŸ™‚

4. October 1, 2015 at 3:50 am

A great tribute indeed. So sorry for your loss. Greetings and warm wishes.

• October 1, 2015 at 8:23 am

It was a few years ago, but I miss him so. πŸ™‚

5. October 1, 2015 at 4:50 am

I am so sorry to hear that your friend has passed away. From the video, it is clear he was a fun guy who loved his country. I'll be praying for his family and friends who are in mourning.
    How marvelous that you have been able to meet so many bloggers from so far away! I have enjoyed meeting some of my blog friends, too. Maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to get out to you for a ride on your lovely boat. πŸ™‚

• October 1, 2015 at 8:23 am

You're welcome anytime Christine. πŸ™‚

6. October 1, 2015 at 4:51 am

That was just terrific. Being thankful for our health is so important. Good health is just the best. I liked this a lot Sandee. Sandee, you and Zane and Little Bit all have a wonderful day.

• October 1, 2015 at 8:24 am

Thanks Marg. Have a great day and scritches to all the babies. πŸ™‚

7. October 1, 2015 at 5:08 am

You are so blessed to meet up with so many blogger friends. Life is beautiful when we have reasons to be thankful in everything and for everybody.

• October 1, 2015 at 8:24 am

We all have reason to be thankful, we just need to take the time to be thankful. πŸ™‚

8. October 1, 2015 at 5:32 am

Sounds like you're living the good life. You sound like a blast! I'm sorry you lost your friend, but what a great tribute.

• October 1, 2015 at 8:25 am

I am living the good life. Because I chose to do so. I think that's the key. πŸ™‚

9. October 1, 2015 at 5:52 am

may I bring you to MY doctor with ME so that I won't be yelled at?
    xxoxoxo
    catchatwithcarenandcody

• October 1, 2015 at 8:22 am

I don't think that will work Caren. πŸ™‚

10. October 1, 2015 at 6:20 am

Amazing video tribute. I feel like I know Sarge now.

I am thankful for my health and mind.

• October 1, 2015 at 8:22 am

He was such a dear. πŸ™‚

11. October 1, 2015 at 6:24 am

Sandee, what a lovely post! This video touched my heart deeply where I was drawn to tears. It reminds me of a former Facebook friend of mine (I had never met him in person but he and I shared many lovely messages on Facebook and he was in his 80's.) He died a few years ago and I cried when I heard of his death. He was a kind gentleman and practically like a second father to me. He was French speaking and lived in France. It amazes me how we have the opportunity to "meet" someone and, not even face to face and yet mourn their death when they are gone. I am very thankful that I had the opportunity to get to know this man, a gentle spirit and fellow cat lover. Your post today has touched me deeply; thank you, Sandee.

• October 1, 2015 at 8:26 am

People can be loved even if you've never met. I sure am glad we met Sarge Charlie and everyone else. We knew we better or we wouldn't ever meet. We were right. πŸ™‚

12. October 1, 2015 at 6:27 am

That's a nice Thanks Giving post. Video is great.
    Have a great day!

• October 1, 2015 at 8:28 am

Yes, it's nice to give thanks. πŸ™‚

13. October 1, 2015 at 6:40 am

What a touching tribute.

I'm thankful for our health because all the money in the world can't buy it. And I'm thankful for the love of my family and friends because all the money in the world can't buy that either.

• October 1, 2015 at 8:28 am

There are some things you can't buy indeed. πŸ™‚

14. October 1, 2015 at 6:42 am

Crying… my sweet Charlie was and is an angel. He will watch over me and protect me. Thank you so much honey… Bee

• October 1, 2015 at 8:29 am

I was thinking about him and just decided to post the tribute. I'm glad you liked it. You know we loved him too. πŸ™‚

15. October 1, 2015 at 6:46 am

What a birthday gift you have given me today Sandee. What a tribute for a great man, Charlie Cordle. WOW!
    I thank you for thinking about him and Bee. You are a great friend.
    Have a wonderful Thursday Sandee. See ya.

• October 1, 2015 at 8:30 am

β™ͺβ™ͺHappy Birthday to you,β™ͺβ™ͺ
      β™ͺβ™ͺHappy Birthday to you,β™ͺβ™ͺ
      β™ͺβ™ͺHappy Birthday Dear Paul,β™ͺβ™ͺ
      β™ͺβ™ͺHappy Birthday to you.β™ͺβ™ͺ

16. October 1, 2015 at 7:17 am

We here are thankful for you and the way you get most of our days started with a chuckle.

• October 1, 2015 at 8:33 am

You're most welcome. πŸ™‚

17. October 1, 2015 at 7:18 am

That I live in a lovely part of the world, that I have the world's best sweetheart ( I know Sandee that Zane is YOUR best!) and I have few complaints! Tomorrow I turn 73 and I am grateful for my good health and sharp mind! Hugs and more hugs to all my blogging buddies family and friends.

• October 1, 2015 at 8:33 am

Yes you do live in a lovely part of the world. We both scored with our sweethearts. πŸ™‚

18. October 1, 2015 at 7:23 am

What a lovely tribute to a lovely man!

I want to go on a cruise, right now somewhere less hot would be nice. I am still roasting!

• October 1, 2015 at 8:34 am

He was a lovely man indeed Jen. I miss him a lot.

There are many places to go that are cooler than where you are. It's raining here and it's wonderful. πŸ™‚

19. October 1, 2015 at 8:01 am

When the boat is done, pictures please.

And that should be 64 years old, be proud of your age, you earned it. No one ever shows off a beautiful antique and declares it is 150 years young!

I call my wrinkles and liver spots "Patina!"

• October 1, 2015 at 8:35 am

Yes, but I'm young at heart. Okay, I'm 64 years old.

I'll get pictures of the next phase of the boat. Before and after pictures. πŸ™‚

20. October 1, 2015 at 8:44 am

What a lovely post! You do have lots to be thankful for! I hope to add my name to the list of bloggers you've met one day! πŸ™‚ I'm thankful that after years of enduring the most horrible boss ever, I now have a job I love and am happier than ever and finally in a good place emotionally. Of course I'm always very thankful for my husband and my girls too!

Happy almost Friday Sandee! Smooches to Little Bit!

• October 1, 2015 at 11:44 am

Your happiness shows now too. The new job that is. It's a good thing. You're always so happy. I like that and I love your two girls. πŸ™‚

21. October 1, 2015 at 10:29 am

Since I left Florida I really miss my days on the water. I love the peace and solitude the sea offers—-the fishing too!

• October 1, 2015 at 11:44 am

I too love the sea. We are on the Delta with our boat and that's awfully nice too. πŸ™‚

22. October 1, 2015 at 11:12 am

It was a bit cooler here this morning, too, and we are grateful.

Isn't meeting people from all over such fun? The internet can be wonderful that way.

• October 1, 2015 at 11:45 am

Yes, it's wonderful fun to meet your blogging buddies. πŸ™‚

23. October 1, 2015 at 1:27 pm

I've been trying to comment via my wordpress for over an hour so I just readjusted my blogger. – I love this post, it's so beautiful, the video made me do the ugly cry and I am thankful for YOU!!! After being with my sister who is 63, and in that hospital for nearly two weeks.. Good health is a good thing, ya' can't buy it, you've got to live it and I'm so happy the docs aren't making a fuss when you go for your check ups. That's a good thing too! Hugs from Idaho. <3

• October 1, 2015 at 2:10 pm

Sorry about the WordPress to blogger issues. You've a much better platform. I'm just saying. Hugs from California. πŸ™‚

24. October 1, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Like you Sandee, I'm thankful for every day that I wake up, and every day that my family and I are healthy! Oh, and I'm thankful that we found a new place to rent so quickly, as you know. Have a great weekend!

• October 1, 2015 at 2:11 pm

I'm thankful you found a place so quickly too. That rocks and you same money too. πŸ™‚

October 1, 2015 at 3:43 pm

So many wonderful things to be thankful for. It's nice to sit back and count our blessings. I have yet to meet any blogging friends. Maybe some day

• October 1, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Many never seem to count their blessings and some don't even know they have blessings. Meeting blogging friends is awesome. πŸ™‚

26. October 1, 2015 at 9:05 pm

I miss that dear sweet man! I'm sorry we haven't met yet. Someday soon!

• October 2, 2015 at 7:42 am

You never know when we will either. I'm just saying. πŸ™‚

27. October 1, 2015 at 10:43 pm

I love this bed weather too. And the fact that I don't have to go out in this weather is a happy though. Something I'm most grateful for. πŸ™‚

• October 2, 2015 at 7:43 am

Bed weather. I like that term. That's spot on for right now. πŸ™‚

28. October 2, 2015 at 3:23 am

What a fun cruise that was with all of you! Precious memories. I am so glad I got to see this fabulous tribute again. Sarge was mighty special. I still miss him. We need to get the group together again!!!

Love and mucho hugs to you and Zane, honey…

• October 2, 2015 at 7:44 am

It was a fabulous cruise. I shall never forget that wonderful 7 days. Big hugs back. πŸ™‚

29. October 2, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Dear Sandee, I am thankful for all that I am blessed with and for all that I don't have. xoxo Catherine

• October 2, 2015 at 12:35 pm

I know you are Catherine. It shows. πŸ™‚

30. October 2, 2015 at 3:09 pm

Good health is probably the most important thing you can have.

• October 2, 2015 at 3:14 pm

I agree Binky. You can't buy good health. πŸ™‚

31. LAC
    October 5, 2015 at 11:01 am

I'm honored to be named in a list of such great bloggers. πŸ™‚ I am so glad I had the opportunity to visit. Hard to believe it was over 5 years ago!

• October 5, 2015 at 11:27 am