Wednesdays Question

It’s Wednesday so that means it’s question time. It’s time to ponder and then answer just one question. Okay, you can add all you want as a reason for your answer too. We’d all like that.

Here’s this weeks question: Do you enjoy having a houseful of company, or would you rather have peace and quiet.

Bring on the peace and quiet. I don’t want to work that hard entertaining the masses anymore. The same goes for our boat. It seems to be a magnet and it’s full most of the time. Sometimes we just hide in our slip at our marina and cross our fingers that no one will show up.

70 comments for “Wednesdays Question

1. September 30, 2015 at 1:15 am

There you are! Don't think I can't see you hiding over there.

I use to enjoy it. A bunch. Back when I was young and my back didn't burn standing at the sink doing dishes. Nowadays I would much rather just have a few people who each bring a covered dish (and wine!) and then just toss some burgers on the grill and sit around the firepit or the pic-a-nic basket, Mr. Ranger, sir. Or the patio table.

Or in my recliner inside the A/C. πŸ˜‰

Have a wonderful last day of September, Sandee! Birthday month begins tomorrow for MotherDear and me and we'll be kicking it off with a special weekend visitor. big hugs xoxo

• September 30, 2015 at 10:55 am

We used to have fun parties too, but no more. Too much work and it wears us out.

Can't wait to see who your special weekend visitor is. Family I'm guessing. πŸ™‚

2. September 30, 2015 at 2:46 am

I like a healthy mix of both. πŸ™‚

• September 30, 2015 at 10:55 am

Good for you. Do what you enjoy. πŸ™‚

3. September 30, 2015 at 4:04 am

I used to like throwing parties.not so much now. We have so little down time with everyone at home together. I don't want a party to take away the little time we have. Once the kids are grown, though, I'm thinking I'll be back to wanting loads of people visiting, with some quiet time to regroup between.

• September 30, 2015 at 10:56 am

You're a busy person indeed. You'll change much after the kids are gone. πŸ™‚

4. September 30, 2015 at 4:22 am

While i still have kids around, i love having them entertain their friends. There's a bit of busy-ness around, but if i need to go in my room and get away, i can do that with no guilt that i'm neglecting guests. And the kids help clean up after their friends, if i entertained my friends, i'd have to do all the work!

• September 30, 2015 at 10:56 am

I love reading about you and your kids. And their friends too. πŸ™‚

5. September 30, 2015 at 4:43 am

I also like a mix of both. I love when my teens have their friends over – as they are self sufficient.

• September 30, 2015 at 10:56 am

You're taught your girls well. πŸ™‚

6. September 30, 2015 at 4:50 am

We do love the occasional houseful, whether it is for an evening or family staying for a few days, but we also like the return to peace and quiet when everyone leaves and the house is ours once again. It does take a little longer to prepare for and recover from a major event in the home than when we were a much younger couple.

• September 30, 2015 at 10:57 am

I'm noticed the same thing about preparing and recovering too. πŸ™‚

7. September 30, 2015 at 4:54 am

I freak out over the very idea of entertaining people. I just don't enjoy the experience and would rather have one or two people over at a time.

• September 30, 2015 at 10:57 am

I agree, that's more than enough. πŸ™‚

8. September 30, 2015 at 5:11 am

I, like Jean, would rather have one or two people over at a time as opposed to a crowd. I do love people, but I do better on a one to one basis, and I don't like a lot of noise and prefer it quiet. πŸ™‚

• September 30, 2015 at 10:58 am

We used to have a houseful of folks. Lots of fun, but I always got stuck with the cleanup. πŸ™‚

9. September 30, 2015 at 5:23 am

Now that we are older, you would think I wanted peace and quiet. Nope. I love having people over. I am so alone most of the time, laughter and good company, and of course food, is something I love. Come on over any time, bring some friends.

• September 30, 2015 at 10:58 am

Being alone most of the time I get you wanting the crowd. Why not. πŸ™‚

10. September 30, 2015 at 5:48 am

I prefer quiet and peaceful time most of the times. Occasional parties are OK.
    Have a great day!

• September 30, 2015 at 10:58 am

Very occasional parties. πŸ™‚

11. September 30, 2015 at 5:54 am

I enjoy a few friends coming in but I never liked a big party. To many bodies around you and I hated loud noises and voices. A quiet group of friends discussing things, drinking wine and goodies to eat and then going to sleep. I guess I must be getting really old.
    Have a quiet Wednesday Sandee. See ya.

• September 30, 2015 at 10:59 am

It can get very noisy can't it. We are more for the alone time now. πŸ™‚

12. September 30, 2015 at 6:46 am

Peace and quiet. Actually I am the same out of the house too. I prefer lunches and dinners with just one or two others. I often find large groups to be meaningless (unless they are family gatherings). I am a walking contradiction, people think I am quite gregarious (because I present myself as such), when in fact, I am much more of an introvert.
    xoxoxo
    catchatwithcarenandcody

• September 30, 2015 at 10:59 am

I would have never guessed you as an introvert. πŸ™‚

13. September 30, 2015 at 7:01 am

The bigger the party the louder and the smaller the talk. I prefer small intimate gatherings.

• September 30, 2015 at 11:00 am

I agree Joe. A small group is far more rewarding. πŸ™‚

14. September 30, 2015 at 7:20 am

I totally like just one or two people at a time. I love my peace and quiet. Sandee, you and Zane and Little Bit have a grand day.

• September 30, 2015 at 11:00 am

Hubby, Little Bit and I cherish our quiet time. πŸ™‚

15. September 30, 2015 at 7:34 am

I love having company, gives me a chance to cook up something good to share. I always love sharing my recipes. Hope you have a great day and thank you for stopping by the #OMHGWW this week.

• September 30, 2015 at 11:01 am

We used to do the small parties too, but now its becoming so much work. You're most welcome for my stopping by. πŸ™‚

16. September 30, 2015 at 7:34 am

What, and clean this place? c-)

• September 30, 2015 at 11:01 am

Well, there is that too. πŸ™‚

17. September 30, 2015 at 7:37 am

I love my peace and quiet but can handle up to 4 people preferably for just a few hours! It's hard on me when family is here visiting for extended periods of time not because they are loud but because we're always on the go. I need a day to myself doing nothing after those visits just to recoup!

Happy Wednesday Sandee! Scritches to Little Bit!

• September 30, 2015 at 11:02 am

That's about the size of a group for us too and we'll be glad to say goodbye when you leave. It's nothing personal. πŸ™‚

18. September 30, 2015 at 8:01 am

I prefer peace and quiet anytime. Maybe a handful of close friends will be good, never good at entertaining big crowds.

• September 30, 2015 at 11:02 am

Going out to eat is a great way to get together. That way you eat and visit and when you're done everyone goes home. πŸ™‚

19. September 30, 2015 at 8:21 am

I periodically like to have a houseful just so I can appreciate the peace and quiet later

• September 30, 2015 at 11:02 am

Now this is a great way too look at this issue. πŸ™‚

20. September 30, 2015 at 9:38 am

I crave peace and quiet now, because it rarely is that around here. I know someday I will miss all of this activity and busyness, so I should probably try and enjoy it. Maybe I will only hide in the closet once today πŸ™‚

• September 30, 2015 at 11:03 am

Oh there have been times when I wanted to hide somewhere, anywhere. πŸ™‚

21. September 30, 2015 at 11:44 am

I like both- company for us usually means overnight guests- family and friends come to stay in our little apt above the garage- some stay for a few days- no one ever has stayed too long! And we have friends over quite a bit for dinner. However I also like my peace and quiet- we get lots of that in the winter! You and Zane and LB could come for a visit too! Big hugs and enjoy your beautiful fall days on your new and improved boat!!

• September 30, 2015 at 11:49 am

You never know, one of these days we just may head your way. πŸ™‚

22. September 30, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Definitely peace and quirt here which I love

Have a serenetastic day Sandee g-)

• September 30, 2015 at 4:59 pm

I'm never tried the quirt yet. Is that good? πŸ™‚

23. September 30, 2015 at 1:09 pm

I'm of two minds. I love the occasional party, but, most of the time, I prefer peace and quiet. Don't want to sound conceited, but I like my own company and can always find something to keep me occupied.

• October 1, 2015 at 7:31 am

When I was young it was party, party and party. Now it's the peace and quiet. πŸ™‚

September 30, 2015 at 1:20 pm

I'm all for peace and quiet. Whenever we have someone over I usually get to a point where I start thinking to myself "aren't you ready to leave yet?" I want to be able to sit around the house in my pajamas doing what I want to do without having to entertain someone

• October 1, 2015 at 7:32 am

I've done this too. Sometimes folks overstay their welcome. πŸ™‚

25. September 30, 2015 at 1:26 pm

I'm all for the company. Maybe it's my youth but I love being with friends and family. As far as big soirees, I'm all for it so long as it is appreciated.

Thank you for coming by, Sandee. It is always so nice to hear from you. Mom is well…it's been a busy week for her, so I took over to give her a break. She'll be back soon.

xoxo,
    Tammy<3

• October 1, 2015 at 7:32 am

It's probably your youth, but you never know.

Thanks for letting me know that your mom is okay. πŸ™‚

26. September 30, 2015 at 3:20 pm

I think solitude is golden. But a few people are okay as long as they bring treats.

• October 1, 2015 at 7:33 am

I bet I can guess what kind of treats too. πŸ™‚

• October 2, 2015 at 3:14 pm

I bet you do!

• October 2, 2015 at 3:24 pm

I've been around you for a very long time. πŸ™‚

27. September 30, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Peace and quiet. Not really a people person!

• October 1, 2015 at 7:33 am

I'm a people person, but have a select group of people I prefer to be around. πŸ™‚

28. September 30, 2015 at 4:35 pm

That's a good question that I can read two ways. I ALWAYS have people in and out and in and out and in and out… kids, their friends, my friends… I LOVE that. I would be lonely without activity here. But me hosting a dinner party? I don't do that "formal"… I prefer in and out!

• October 1, 2015 at 7:34 am

I remember those days. Kind of a revolving door when the kids were still home. πŸ™‚

29. September 30, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Right now isn't a good time to ask. :-f
    My mom taught me stay only as long as fish stays fresh.
    By and large we enjoy house guests. I love to entertain.

• September 30, 2015 at 5:19 pm

I inserted wrong emoticon. Oops!

• October 1, 2015 at 7:34 am

I remember that saying. My parents used it too. I know you're happy to be guest free. πŸ™‚

• October 1, 2015 at 7:35 am

I knew what you meant. πŸ™‚

30. September 30, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Once in a while I like having people in the house, not too often because I still prefer peace and quiet πŸ™‚

Happy Wednesday!

• October 1, 2015 at 7:35 am

Home is our castle. It should be as we want it to be. πŸ™‚

31. October 1, 2015 at 1:31 pm

No question about it .. peace and quiet! While I do enjoy socializing every now and then, I must admit … I'd much rather be the guest than the host!

• October 1, 2015 at 2:09 pm

I'd much rather be the guest than the host too. I've done the hosting thing way too long. πŸ™‚

32. October 2, 2015 at 3:07 am

Small and casual for us. We have never been large party people anyway.

I've gotta lot of catching up to do. I've missed reading your blogs riches to LB, and big hugs to you, honey…

• October 2, 2015 at 7:42 am

We like the small too. Too much work for the big and I don't have the same help you have. πŸ™‚

33. October 2, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Dear Sandee, I don't have a big extended family anymore. I do enjoy the blessing of cooking for my brothers; therefore I welcome it.
    I wish you a beautiful weekend. xoxo Catherine

• October 2, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Family can be very fun to be around. Mine just won't help do anything. Nothing. πŸ™‚