Thankful Thursday

I’m thankful that hubby, Little Bit and I had a wonderful weekend last week. I got my last meeting done and am ready to pass the torch. We had fun and the food was fantastic.

I’m thankful that our cruise over and back was uneventful and pleasant. We passed two tankers coming back to our marina. It’s quite something to pass something that huge. It also seems that almost every time we encounter a tanker it’s on a turn. Makes it far more interesting.

I’m thankful for the first face lift we’ve done on our boat. We stopped by West Coast Canvas on the way home last Monday and are going to do two more things the first part of December. All the canvas and isinglass and the seating in the entire cockpit. I can’t wait because that will really make the boat look awesome.

I’m thankful that Little Bit is still with us. We watch her closely to see if there are changes. We are not looking forward to what will eventually happen, but we’ll love her every minute we get to have with her. She’s been more than precious to us.

I’m thankful for all my blogging buddies. Some have come and gone, but many have been with me since the beginning. You know who you are and you know I love you dearly.

I’m thankful that on October 9th we’ll be having another blogging buddy visit us from Perth, Australia. He’s currently in New York and will end up in Phoenix, Arizona for a convention then on to San Francisco. We’ll pick him up near the airport. We’ll be treating him to the weekend which includes a boat ride. Got to have a boat ride.

What are you thankful for today?

Have a fabulous day.

Image Credit: MiMi King

52 comments for “Thankful Thursday

1. September 24, 2015 at 12:20 am

Hi Sandee, it will be so fun and exciting to take your blogger friend for a boat ride. For me, I am reminded to be thankful for our good health, our safety and our life. We just received the sad news that a daughter of our friends is in serious condition and have been admitted to the ICU. God bless you and love ones.

• September 24, 2015 at 11:58 am

We're planning what we're going to do with a bunch of other boating buddies. It will be fun.

Prayers for your friends daughter. πŸ™‚

2. September 24, 2015 at 1:42 am

What great things to be thankful for, well done. Greetings to you!

• September 24, 2015 at 11:58 am

Thank you so much. I do have much to be thankful for. πŸ™‚

3. September 24, 2015 at 2:00 am

I'm thankful for more things than I can count. πŸ™‚ And hurrah for your blogging buddy coming in from so far, that's going to be fun!

I'm glad your Little Bit is okay too. As for the tanker, I bet it is quite the sight!

• September 24, 2015 at 11:59 am

You're such an upbeat person and I know you've gone through a lot of late. πŸ™‚

4. September 24, 2015 at 2:42 am

Glad you're D for Done on meetings and holding offices. Now you can just cruise and enjoy! and woohoo for an Aussy visitor. Yep… Got to have a boat ride!

Sending smoochies to sweet LB. big hugs xoxo

• September 24, 2015 at 11:59 am

Amen to that. I don't want to be in charge of anything anymore. We always love a boat ride. πŸ™‚

September 24, 2015 at 3:23 am

All excellent things to be thankful for. Me? I'm thankful that I'm still on vacation πŸ™‚

• September 24, 2015 at 11:59 am

I'm thankful you're still on vacation too. Enjoy. πŸ™‚

6. September 24, 2015 at 3:41 am

Thankful posts makes me happy πŸ™‚
    I look forward to my dream of visiting you too someday!

• September 24, 2015 at 12:00 pm

I hope you can visit someday. That would be great fun. πŸ™‚

7. September 24, 2015 at 4:42 am

I'm going to have to come visit if I get a boat ride out of it! I'm thankful my conference is over and I can just NOT be around strangers for a couple of weeks! (Except when shopping, of course.)

• September 24, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Yes, all of our visitors are always welcome to a boat ride. πŸ™‚

8. September 24, 2015 at 5:01 am

Great things to be thankful for. We are so glad that Little Bit is hanging in there at the moment. We sure send her lots of good thoughts.
    What fun to a blogger all the way from Australia. And what fun to listen to his accent. Can't wait to hear all about that. Sandee, you and Zane and Little Bit have a wonderful day.

• September 24, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Everyone sends Little Bit good thoughts and hugs. We are loving that too. πŸ™‚

9. September 24, 2015 at 5:07 am

Sounds like lots to be thankful for today. Nice post.

• September 24, 2015 at 12:02 pm

A lot to be thankful for everyday. πŸ™‚

10. September 24, 2015 at 5:35 am

so many lovely things to be thankful for!!
    I am thankful for many things, but today I am thankful for the incredible stretch of great weather we have been having!
    Have a wonderful day!
    xoxo
    catchatwithcarenandcody

• September 24, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Great weather is always welcome. I can so relate. It's going to finally cool down here and I'm ready for that. πŸ™‚

11. September 24, 2015 at 5:47 am

Unique way of Thanks Giving. Wonderful message on a Thursday morning!
    Have a great day! .

• September 24, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Thank you so much. This is a meme for some. πŸ™‚

12. September 24, 2015 at 6:15 am

Being Thankful, well, first of all being alive and you already know what I mean by that. My family for being there. My mom & dad RIP gave me soon much to enjoy what I have today and taught to be the man I have today. My blogging friends, especially Bee who got me going in this and helped me how to lose my weight, you give me so much enjoyment each day even though I may never meet you face to face, I care so much about you and your life. Most of all, my wife Mary Lou. Without her I don't know how I would have survived in this world. I love you all.
    Have a caring, loving, beautiful Thursday Sandee, Zane & Little Bit.

Cruisn Paul

• September 24, 2015 at 12:03 pm

You are a most thankful person Paul. I've always known that about you and you've turned out to be a great friend too. Thank you for that. πŸ™‚

13. September 24, 2015 at 6:20 am

Great list, Sandee. I am thankful that I still have my health and my little Levi. And I'm thankful that whenever I start to think about one of my nieces they seem to call within a day or two.

• September 24, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Health is so important and our babies are even more important. πŸ™‚

14. September 24, 2015 at 6:50 am

You do have a good life- and so do we and we are thankful for our good health and each other. And Lucy too of course! Have a wonderful day!

• September 24, 2015 at 12:04 pm

You have a good life too Kathe. I can just tell. πŸ™‚

15. September 24, 2015 at 7:43 am

I am ever so thankful for my life and the fact that I have been given the honor and the privilege of living it in the greatest nation in the world. I am thankful for my family and the fact that we live in close proximity to each other and can be involved in the grand crew's lives. Other than the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ, I am most thankful for the one who has shared my life for 41 years. I would be a mess without her.

• September 24, 2015 at 12:05 pm

You're a very blessed person John and I've always known that. You talk about your blessings often. πŸ™‚

16. September 24, 2015 at 7:54 am

I get so nervous sailing through shipping channels – those freighters are huge and we're so tiny. Glad you made it through unscathed. Nerve wracking! That's really neat that you're having a blogging buddy visit from Australia. πŸ™‚

• September 24, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Did I tell you I was driving the boat during the passing of these tankers? Yes I was. I just navigate out of the shipping lane and all is well. πŸ™‚

17. September 24, 2015 at 8:00 am

What a fab list I'm sure you will have a tanfastic time when they arrive on the 9th πŸ™‚

have a thankfultastsic day Sandee g-)

• September 24, 2015 at 12:06 pm

We will, we are in planning mode and there are a bunch of boats that will be in the group. It will be great fun. πŸ™‚

18. September 24, 2015 at 8:01 am

I love your list of things to be thankful for, dear Sandee…here is mine. I am thankful for my blogging friends, for my cat, for the food I eat, for the 4 seasons, for everything and everyone that God has given me. Sending you a warm hug. πŸ™‚

• September 24, 2015 at 12:07 pm

A warm hug back to you Linda. πŸ™‚

19. September 24, 2015 at 8:05 am

You're doing the right thing with Little Bit. As we found out with Kyla, as Yogi Berra would have said, "Once they'ree gone, they're gone".

• September 24, 2015 at 12:07 pm

It's all about her. We want her not to be in pain, and are not going to put her down because she's old and slow. Not going to happen. πŸ™‚

20. September 24, 2015 at 8:43 am

I'm thankful for you too!

Our doggy is 15 years old, we are on the same watch. I'm thankful for every extra day with her too πŸ™‚

• September 24, 2015 at 12:07 pm

I can so relate Jen, I can so relate. πŸ™‚

21. September 24, 2015 at 9:15 am

Glad your reign as Madame President has concluded in a satisfactory manner and now you're free to enjoy life without so many responsibilities. Glad Little Bit is hanging in there.

My blessings are too numerous to mention but my family and our continued good health is certainly highest on the list.

I try to remember that today is the youngest day of the rest of my life and I intend to enjoy it. The little blessings are good, too.

• September 24, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Yep, I had a boss tell me the same thing a long time ago and he was right. This is the youngest day of my life. πŸ™‚

22. September 24, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Congrats on passing the torch! So excited that the boat renovation is going beautifully. Yay! Give a big ole belly rub to little bit from me.

• September 24, 2015 at 3:51 pm

Little Bit says thank you very much for the belly rub. She loves a good belly rub. πŸ™‚

23. September 24, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Such a happy list! Right now, i'm thankful not to be out in traffic!

• September 24, 2015 at 3:52 pm

I'm thankful for that too. Tomorrow it's another story. πŸ™‚

24. September 25, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Your boat will be like new when you're finished refurbishing her.
    It must be tough with Little Bit, but you know you've given her a great life all these years.

• September 25, 2015 at 4:22 pm

It will certainly be very new to us. It's long overdue so it's all good.

We have given Little Bit a great life. It's not going to make it any easier. πŸ™

25. September 26, 2015 at 7:01 am

Popping in after way too long .. glad to hear that all is well and you still have your boat. The new canvas and isinglass will look great! We haven't experienced passing those huge ships/barges yet .. I hope we survive. LOL!

Yes, you gotta have a boat ride for your visitors. They'll have a blast!

• September 26, 2015 at 7:22 am

Great to see a comment from you Cheryl. We need to visit each other more. We are both boaters after all. πŸ™‚

26. September 30, 2015 at 3:54 am

Excellent things to be thanfull for! Thank you for sharing with OMHG Wordless Wednesday Link Party.. Have a great day, co-host Evija @Fromevijawithlove x

• September 30, 2015 at 7:44 am

I Evija. I tried to leave a comment on your blog twice, but it treated it as spam. Sorry. πŸ™‚