Wednesdays Question

It’s Wednesday so that means it’s question time. It’s time to ponder and then answer just one question. Okay, you can add all you want as a reason for your answer too. We’d all like that.

Here’s this weeks question: If you have television how many channels do you have? All or most of them or little to none?

Hubby and I have basic television, and we have to negotiate the price each year. It will go from a reasonable price to about $60.00 more per month and hubby will have to call to get it back down. When it goes up again, hubby is going to cancel television. We’ll just have Netflix and Amazon Prime. It’s pretty much all we watch.
Β

62 comments for “Wednesdays Question

1. September 23, 2015 at 1:50 am

LOL. We just had this conversation on facebook. We ony get whatever 20 or so channels we can get with that digital converter antenna thingy and we also have Netflix and Amazon Prime.

The only thing I miss about having the big $$ DirecTV service is the DVR so I could record my favorite shows since I go to bed waaaay before anything comes on.

One of the shows we watched on Netflix that we both like is Madam Secretary. I just saw on their Facebook page that the Season 2 premiere is on Sunday Oct 4th @ 8pm. I wrote it on my calendar. I am going to try like nobody's business to stay awake for that!

We'll see how that works out. LOL.

Have yourself a lovey day, hon. big hugs xoxo

• September 23, 2015 at 1:59 am

Why not save the $$ and just ditch your cable company? Buy yourself digital converter antenna thingy at the Walmart or on Amazon and banish those monthly cable bills altogether!! w-)

• September 23, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Yes we did talk about this yesterday. And we'll be doing what you did as soon as this years price goes through the roof. πŸ™‚

• September 23, 2015 at 2:24 pm

We'll ditch the cable soon. A couple of months. πŸ™‚

2. September 23, 2015 at 2:42 am

I watch Netflix and Hulu Plus–my husband is the TV watcher. He flips through channels. I think we have about a billion of them!

• September 23, 2015 at 2:25 pm

We are just not watching regular television very much. We hate commercials too. πŸ™‚

3. September 23, 2015 at 3:40 am

In New Zealand the public channels are TV1, TV2, TV3, Four and Prime. We have satellite TV so we get about 30 channels on the basic package. We pay about $68 per month.

• September 23, 2015 at 2:25 pm

I'm not sure what we pay, but it's too much. πŸ™‚

4. September 23, 2015 at 3:51 am

When the last TV went, we cancelled cable and don't bother any more. The only TV in the house is the one Sweetie watches DVDs on, and we have Netflix and that's more than enough for the rest of the family.

• September 23, 2015 at 2:25 pm

I love Netflix and Amazon Prime. They rock. πŸ™‚

5. September 23, 2015 at 4:08 am

We don't have Netflix or a DVR for that matter. We have the smallest Dish package, which is still a hundred channels, mostly because my husband and boys love their ESPN.

• September 23, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Yep, the guys have to have their sports channels. πŸ™‚

6. September 23, 2015 at 5:23 am

I just have 3 or 4 channels since I live in the country and also I have the free TV deal. I just got Netflix and am excited about having that. Sandee, you and Zane have a grand day.

• September 23, 2015 at 2:26 pm

Netflix is awesome. We watch Netflix more than anything else. πŸ™‚

7. September 23, 2015 at 5:25 am

Im like Christine, we have the small Dish package, but hubby likes sports so we had that added. We dont use the DVR and would like to watch more movies on DVD's.

• September 23, 2015 at 2:27 pm

Television can be very expensive. Very expensive. πŸ™‚

8. September 23, 2015 at 5:38 am

Got a communal dish and Satellite Sky+ not sure how many channels apart from the main ones there's loads I don't bother to watch but they come with the package,as with you the price is negotiated yearly.

Have a tvtastic day g-)

• September 23, 2015 at 2:28 pm

I don't care for the negotiating part. Neither does hubby. πŸ™‚

9. September 23, 2015 at 5:44 am

All of them, but tell the dish company (have one of those funny cards).

• September 23, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Well, if you enjoy it then that's all that matters. πŸ™‚

10. September 23, 2015 at 6:02 am

AT&T Uverse200. There are supposed to be 200 channels, but several of them are state sponsered travel ads and info-mercial loops. Football season is here so ESPN, ESPN2, & 3, NFL network, as well as games on CBS,ABC, FOX Sports, Fox Sports Southwest. Not a huge fan of most movies nor adult language, so HBO is out nor do I think I would make much use of Netflix. Velocity Channel for car stuff then the History Channel and Smithsonian Channel for some really cool stuff. That's most of the channels that keep us entertained.

• September 23, 2015 at 2:29 pm

We have AT&T Uverse too. It's all good, but it pricey. πŸ™‚

• September 23, 2015 at 2:45 pm

It's more than I really want to pay, but it is much cheaper than Cox cable.

• September 23, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Cable and phones are very pricey anymore. Phones are even worse. πŸ™‚

11. September 23, 2015 at 6:07 am

My hubby was a sports nut so we had them all. Nothing got watched much though except sports. Here my oldest son and his wife like Netflix so they use that…they have all the channels though. When we transition to our own place again, I'll have minimal if any. The kids and I don't watch much TV (though the youngest does like Nick Jr)

• September 23, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Television isn't all that great of an idea. We limit how much time we spend watching television and it's not much. When we're at the boat it's television free. We have it, but we don't watch it. πŸ™‚

12. September 23, 2015 at 6:24 am

All I have are the regular channels. I've never received those other channels that cost money. Every year I get new stories to watch. I'm very satisfied with what I watch.

Have a very satisfying Wednesday Sandee. See ya.

• September 23, 2015 at 2:30 pm

That's all that counts is that you're satisfied with what you have. πŸ™‚

13. September 23, 2015 at 6:26 am

I have cable and about 140 channels. I only watch about six of them but the basic cable lineup doesn't include the ones I want. Ticks me off that we can't pick pick and choose.

• September 23, 2015 at 2:31 pm

That's what ticks me off too. We should be able to pick and choose. πŸ™‚

14. September 23, 2015 at 7:02 am

We cancelled our cable a year ago and don't miss it one bit! We live stream everything now πŸ™‚

• September 23, 2015 at 2:32 pm

We went for years without television, and then switched to AT&T and the deal was just too good to pass up. Then the negotiation stuff happens each year. We don't like that aspect. πŸ™‚

15. September 23, 2015 at 7:08 am

We have A LOT…………'nuff said lol
    catchatwithcarenandcody

• September 23, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Some folks like a lot and some never watch most of what they have. πŸ™‚

16. September 23, 2015 at 7:30 am

9000 channels. We watch about 12 and we pay about $1000 a month. I know, I'm an idiot!

• September 23, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Wow, that's huge. Huge. πŸ™‚

17. September 23, 2015 at 7:31 am

We have cable with tons of channels. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many. I like the interaction between the remote and the DVR. I can set it to record programs days in advance and watch them when I want.

My daughters prefer Hulu and Netflix, but they don't watch TV news so they don't really care. The gather all their information from the internet.

I'm one of those people that has the TV on all day and sometimes all night, so I find cable very conducive to my lifestyle.

• September 23, 2015 at 2:33 pm

I used to have the television on around the clock too. All the shift work and I needed the white noise. πŸ™‚

18. September 23, 2015 at 7:43 am

We watch English and Tamil News channels, sports, Tamil serials . It cost about 200 rupees pm.
    Have a great day.

• September 23, 2015 at 2:34 pm

That would be pretty cheap here. πŸ™‚

19. September 23, 2015 at 8:20 am

I have cable and to be honest I am not sure how many channels, but I guess around 30. I like having the choice because today there is so much garbage on TV. I love the Food network, Slice Channel and OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) and find that I watch shows on those channels frequently. πŸ™‚

• September 23, 2015 at 2:35 pm

Garbage, that's a good way to describe most of television. πŸ™‚

20. September 23, 2015 at 8:48 am

We have cable with lots of channels mainly because of the sports for my hubby. I don't know how much it is because it's bundled with our cable internet and together they are $112/mo but that's only because we called to bring it down from $150/mo. It's ridiculous! I need the fast internet for work though so we're stuck.

Happy Wednesday Sandee! Smooches to Little Bit!

• September 23, 2015 at 2:37 pm

We are spending about the same. It's still too much for what little we watch television. I do love the lightening fast internet though. πŸ™‚

21. September 23, 2015 at 9:20 am

Too many… and I hardly watch any except CSNBA during Giants (SF) games, the Big Bang Theory, and sometimes the local news

• September 23, 2015 at 2:38 pm

I think most of us are doing the same thing. We don't really get to pick and choose what channels we want. πŸ™‚

September 23, 2015 at 9:46 am

We have dish network and I think we have the 120 channel package. Wade likes it for the sirius satellite radio channels. The worst part is that there are all those channels and it's still possible to flip through every one of them and not find anything worth watching.

• September 23, 2015 at 2:38 pm

Yep, we can do the same here. Nothing to watch at all. πŸ™‚

23. September 23, 2015 at 12:05 pm

We only have the public free to air tv. I'm not sure how many as they keep adding more & I've lost count. At a guess I'd say about 10 or 12. We watch more stuff online now than on TV.

• September 23, 2015 at 2:39 pm

I think a lot of people are doing the online instead of television. πŸ™‚

24. September 23, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Lots of channels but increasing less that I want to watch. Pointless reality shows have taken over Discovery channel and History channel and many others that used to be good.

• September 23, 2015 at 4:55 pm

I've noticed that many of the shows just aren't worth watching too. Too bad. πŸ™‚

25. September 23, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Dear Sandee, I am not sure how many though I know I don't have the premium. My favorite is the Turner Classic Movie Channel!! I love the oldies.
    xoxo Catherine

• September 24, 2015 at 6:55 am

I love that channel too but don't have it with the basic package. I too love old movies. πŸ™‚

26. September 23, 2015 at 9:59 pm

my goodness you got a lot of answers! whew! We have one of those satellite companies as we have zero coverage here and R loves some sports programs like bicycling races, rugby and motogp. We like PBS, Discovery and that's about it.Me? Love Netflix. Have a lovely evening!

• September 24, 2015 at 6:55 am

Netflix rocks big time. Amazon Prime is very good too. πŸ™‚

27. September 24, 2015 at 3:39 am

We do have a television but we do not subscribe to paid channels, we only have those free ones and that is very few πŸ™‚ It's okay with us because we rarely watch tv programs.

• September 24, 2015 at 6:56 am

Free ones are the best. We're heading in that direction. πŸ™‚

28. September 24, 2015 at 2:11 pm

No televisions in our house. We are weird. I just have my iPad and enjoy Amazon prime and Netflix.

• September 24, 2015 at 3:52 pm

What else do you need? Nothing. That will be us soon. πŸ™‚

29. September 25, 2015 at 6:08 am

I just had to call and renegotiate our price. It isn't the service, it is all the equipment that is outrageous.

• September 25, 2015 at 9:00 am

Well, I hadn't thought about the equipment cost. Thanks for pointing that out. πŸ™‚

❀I Love Comments❀