Wednesdays Question

It’s Wednesday so that means it’s question time. It’s time to ponder and then answer just one question. Okay, you can add all you want as a reason for your answer too. We’d all like that.

Here’s this weeks question: Most of us have a reader to keep track of our favorite blogs. Some use Feedly and some use Bloglovin. How many subscriptions do you have in your reader and which reader do you use?

I have 105 subscriptions in my reader and I use Feedly.

59 comments for “Wednesdays Question

1. September 9, 2015 at 1:11 am

I use bloglovin, but I only read yours, Bee's, Sandy's and Jean's blogs now. Back when I blogged I had over 200 blogs that I read daily. Wow, things sure have evolved, huh? It's all Facebook now and other social media, of course — but it's just Facebook for me. I wonder what the next "big thing" will be?

Have yourself a funtabulous day hon! xoxo

• September 9, 2015 at 6:45 am

Thank you!

• September 9, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Most everyone seems to be gravitating to Facebook. I'm still not a fan, but I'm ever so glad you visit me often. πŸ™‚

• September 9, 2015 at 2:47 pm

A big thank you from me too Jean(ie)

September 9, 2015 at 1:57 am

I use Feedly and I had no idea how many subscriptions I had so I had to go look. I have 142 but a lot of those no longer post. Some (craft related blogs) I only read if what they post interests me. Some I read but don't comment and then there is a group of 20 or so blogs that I read and comment on. I guess you know which group you're in πŸ™‚

• September 9, 2015 at 2:47 pm

I guess you know which group you're in too. πŸ™‚

3. September 9, 2015 at 3:44 am

Um, i just have a list on Blogger of blogs i follow. It's long, but i haven't taken the time to count.

• September 9, 2015 at 2:48 pm

I like Feedly. I lets me know when someone posts new content. I guess I could use the blogger one too, but I just don't. πŸ™‚

4. September 9, 2015 at 4:19 am

I use Bloglovin' but only for a few blogs, I follow most with Blogger. πŸ™‚

• September 9, 2015 at 2:49 pm

It's interesting to see what everyone else does or doesn't do. πŸ™‚

5. September 9, 2015 at 4:56 am

This may come as a shock, but I have no subscriptions and no reader. I only follow a couple of blogs. Obviously you're at the top of my very short list.

• September 9, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Well, that is an easy way to do it. It takes time and patience to cultivate a bunch of blogging buddies. πŸ™‚

6. September 9, 2015 at 5:14 am

I don't subscribe to any blogs but I have that widget on my blog that shows me when other bloggers I have linked to my blog have a new post. I've got 17 in that feature and wish I could find a few more. I love blogs!

• September 9, 2015 at 2:50 pm

I had that widget at one time, but I change my template and then it was gone. Bugger. πŸ™‚

7. September 9, 2015 at 5:17 am

I don't have a reader. I just read the blogs of those who comment mine. If I want to go find new blogs, I use a list like the IWSG signup or click over to blogs of people who comment the blogs I read. I found following blogs just had me reading blogs of people who stopped reading mine a year ago!

• September 9, 2015 at 2:54 pm

If I did that I would not have as many visits each day. It's amazing the folks that never show up at your place although you go to theirs. πŸ™‚

8. September 9, 2015 at 5:19 am

I have no idea what you're talking about. I just follow any blog I check into. What the heck is Feedly and Bloglovin? Oh well, I know where yours and Bee's are.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday Sandee. See ya.

• September 9, 2015 at 2:54 pm

You don't need them Paul. You're doing just fine the way you're blogging. πŸ™‚

9. September 9, 2015 at 5:24 am

I just have a list of blogs I subscribe to and that is just on blogger Then I know when some one has posted and some I subscribe by email. I do have regulars that I do every day..
    Sandee, you and Zane and Little Bit have a grand day.

• September 9, 2015 at 2:55 pm

We each have our own way of doing other blogs. πŸ™‚

10. September 9, 2015 at 5:36 am

I use Feedburner I don't really look in it much but just logged in and it says I have 77 subscribers which I would have never known if I hadn't read your question LOL =D>

Have a feedtastic day Sandee g-)

• September 9, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Me too, but I rarely visit there either. Hadn't even thought about Feedburner. πŸ™‚

11. September 9, 2015 at 5:46 am

bloglovin, and I follow way too many people. I only check it about twice a week. I do most everything on Facebook now

• September 9, 2015 at 2:56 pm

I do too, but I do weed the ones out that never visit or post new content at some point. πŸ™‚

12. September 9, 2015 at 6:37 am

I use the Google friend connect so I can see the blogs on my blogger dashboard πŸ™‚ I'm following 198 blogs right now πŸ™‚

• September 9, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Well, that's another good way to keep track. I hadn't thought of that either. πŸ™‚

13. September 9, 2015 at 6:39 am

I do follow some blogs including yours. Except yours, I don't read other blogs regularly. I don't understand the rest of your questions.

• September 9, 2015 at 2:57 pm

It really doesn't matter if you don't have a reader. I just wanted to see what others were doing. πŸ™‚

14. September 9, 2015 at 6:44 am

I have two lists 20 in one and 75! in another…good grief. I noticed this morning as I counted that some of the blogs have not posted in over a year…hmmm guess I should remove them. Plus some that I visit every day ( like yours) I don't even have in my lists. Guess I need to do some serious tidying up,
    I just put in those lists using blogger. Obviously some time back. But I do check the current entries from time to time.
    So- did you enjoy your birthday?? Smiles!

• September 9, 2015 at 2:58 pm

Yes, I enjoyed my birthday very much. It was a most wonderful day and hubby made it extra special. πŸ™‚

15. September 9, 2015 at 6:47 am

I use Bloglovin. I subscribe to many blogs, but really read only a few (like Barb). I click through if something grabs me on the other blogs.

• September 9, 2015 at 2:58 pm

I spend way too much time everyday. Oh well, it keeps me off the street. πŸ™‚

16. September 9, 2015 at 7:00 am

Something called QuiteRSS which allows them to be grouped and organized. Comedy Plus is right up there in a very important category.

Count? Looks like 64 active and 20 in hibernation. Which reminds me:

How is blogging like keeping a pet crocodile?
    You have to feed both of them every day.

Alec

• September 9, 2015 at 3:00 pm

I've never heard of QuiteRSS until now. I had to go look it up. πŸ™‚

17. September 9, 2015 at 7:15 am

I absolutely HATE readers but I have Bloglovin' just to give people followers there.
    I follow well over 200 blogs and guess where I have all of my subscriptions go? MY EMAIL….so, that's why it takes me so long to get through my email.
    I prefer following by email because then the blog posts are right in my face and I read them as I go through my email.
    If I had to go to a reader to read them all, I NEVER would.
    If a blog doesn't have "follow by email" as an option on their sidebar, they lose ME as a follower
    catchatwithcarenandcody

• September 9, 2015 at 3:00 pm

I've always had feedburner on my sidebar. I'm glad I do because of you. πŸ™‚

18. September 9, 2015 at 8:08 am

I just use Blogger's reader list. I tried to visit as often as I can especially those who comments on my blog.

• September 9, 2015 at 3:00 pm

You do very well with me Nancy. I visit you every time you post new content too. πŸ™‚

19. September 9, 2015 at 8:52 am

LOL, I don't use a reader, well, I am signed up with Bloglovin just that's just to give others a chance to follow there if they choose. I just the old fashioned blog roll from blogger. I'll admit it, I'm a control freak and don't want to be inundated with new posts. I want to be able to scroll down the entire list quickly and see a snapshot and title of everyone's posts.

• September 9, 2015 at 3:01 pm

That's a nice looking widget too. I should repopulate that. πŸ™‚

20. September 9, 2015 at 9:30 am

Subscriptions?
    I have bookmarked my favorites and some are on the sidebar of my blog …along with some I haven't gotten around to deleting yet.

• September 9, 2015 at 3:01 pm

Whatever works is the ticket. πŸ™‚

21. September 9, 2015 at 10:21 am

I just use the list on the side of our blog plus go to some others that aren't on there. I also try to comment on those who comment on our posts. I'm not very organized!

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday yesterday! Wishing you many more! Smooches to Little Bit!

• September 9, 2015 at 3:02 pm

You're a good blogger and a good friend and I love your two babies tons. πŸ™‚

22. September 9, 2015 at 11:37 am

I follow about 1 billion blogs and have no freaking idea how I do! If they keep coming back to mine, I try as hard as I can to stay up to date with theirs!

• September 9, 2015 at 3:02 pm

Well, if you're getting it done then that's all that matters. πŸ™‚

23. September 9, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Afraid I don't use a reader—guess this old man will remain behind the times.

• September 9, 2015 at 3:04 pm

You're not the only one that doesn't use a reader. The Google reader was ever so popular and then it went away. πŸ™‚

24. September 9, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Nada … If you look at my sidebar I have listed the blogs I visit in three sections. I start at the bottom where I left off the day before and work my way up. c-)

• September 9, 2015 at 3:04 pm

You're so organized Odie. I've always known that though. πŸ™‚

25. September 9, 2015 at 2:25 pm

I'm not familiar with those websites. I follow blogs on my own. I'm going to look into them and see if they'll help my traffic.

• September 9, 2015 at 3:05 pm

They are helpful in knowing who has posted new content. Some folks only post once a week and there isn't much since taking the time to visit them if they don't have a new post. πŸ™‚

26. September 9, 2015 at 5:33 pm

I don't use any. I just go around to the blogs I like.

• September 10, 2015 at 7:38 am

That's a great way actually. You have those you most care about in your circle. I'm glad that I'm one of them. πŸ™‚

• September 11, 2015 at 2:22 pm

So am I!

• September 12, 2015 at 9:33 am

Thanks Binky. πŸ™‚

27. September 12, 2015 at 10:11 pm

Sorry I am so late, but thanks to my reader, I never miss a thing. I use Feedly, and have several categories on there. You are in the "daily reads" which I try to get to every day, but I never clear it when I am backed up without reading it all (like today).

• September 13, 2015 at 10:29 am

I should do categories too. Perhaps I will. πŸ™‚

28. December 3, 2015 at 1:13 pm

I have a Bloglovin account but haven't used it in ages. I don't know how many blogs are on there. Looks like you have a lot. Thanks for following me. xoxo