Fragments

I can’t believe July is almost over. It seems like yesterday it was the beginning of spring and now we’re racing toward fall. Slow down will you.

We are in the middle of another heatwave. We’re staying home again this coming weekend and staying cool. Little Bit doesn’t care for the heat either. It’s all about her.

We took a road trip last Saturday and visited Jamestown, Sonora and Columbia just to get out of the house for a bit. It was a wonderful afternoon of exploring and the ice cream was good too. We used to do this fairly often, but when hubby was secretary for his gun club he never had time to be away from the computer for very long. Now it doesn’t matter anymore. We are planning another road trip for the near future.

Hubby and I are thrilled that we decided to remodel our boat instead of buying a newer one. We got our luxury tax bill the other day and we were even more thrilled. We are paying less that 1K for our two boats. Buying a newer boat would have upped that bill several thousand dollars. Made us both smile.

I have two more meetings as president of IBOG Delta District 19 and then I pass the torch to the current vice president. I’m more than happy about this. It will free me up to do many other things next year. I’m ready after almost 10 years of volunteering.

May each of you have a happy and fulfilling day.

44 comments for “Fragments

1. July 30, 2015 at 2:44 am

I have a bit more than a year to retirement. Actually, it is 438 days, 14 hours, 17 minutes, 30 seconds. Not than I am counting.

It's always a heat wave here and every day I thank the good Lord for whoever it was that He allowed to invent Air Conditioning. Yes, Indeedy.

Scritches to LB and big hugs to you and Zane. xoxo

• July 30, 2015 at 11:57 am

I'm glad you're not counting. Yes air conditioning rocks. πŸ™‚

2. July 30, 2015 at 3:24 am

Hi Sandee, the weather over here has cooled down a bit with rain on certain days. Wishing you the best on your retirement from you volunteering service of 10 years. Now you can have more time to enjoy some other things.

• July 30, 2015 at 11:57 am

If you don't want the rain we'll be glad to have that rain. It's ever so dry here. πŸ™‚

3. July 30, 2015 at 4:32 am

Of course it is all about Little Bit. She is the best. I think the heat is really hard on all the animals. I feel so sorry for the cats that live outside but they would rather be hot than come in the house. Too many cats. You all have a great day Sandee, Zane and of course Little Bit.

• July 30, 2015 at 11:58 am

It's always been about Little Bit. She's a good old girl, just like Ande was. πŸ™‚

4. July 30, 2015 at 5:26 am

Curious what a luxury tax bill is? Cheers – Ellen

• July 30, 2015 at 11:58 am

In California they tax everything. Every August you have a bill for boats as it pays for our bloated government. πŸ™‚

5. July 30, 2015 at 5:34 am

I'm very happy that you made a good decision on the boat. Our heat wave disappeared after the rain storm last night. It's still nice this morning. Just be careful my friend in your heat. Try to have the coolest Thursday that you can Sandy. See ya.

• July 30, 2015 at 11:59 am

It's a bit cooler today, but not much. The weather will return to normal tomorrow. That's a good thing. πŸ™‚

6. July 30, 2015 at 6:05 am

So happy you were able to take a fun day trip! My ex and I used to do that and I always loved it. My husband now, isn't as "adventurous" lol.
    I was saying the same thing the other day that I cannot believe how fast this year is flying by!!!
    Keep cool!
    xoxo

• July 30, 2015 at 12:00 pm

Yep, we used to do day trips all the time. Little Bit is getting too old to do too much. πŸ™‚

7. July 30, 2015 at 6:09 am

Hooray for a nice road trip, and saving bucks…so you can take more road, and boating, trips. That's a good plan. So is taking care of LB. tons of scritches for her!

A blessed cool front is coming through soon, although our heat hasn't been too bad. Grateful for AC. We are.

Big hugs, honey…

• July 30, 2015 at 12:00 pm

It's supposed to cool off some tomorrow so that's good. Taking care of LB is priority one. πŸ™‚

8. July 30, 2015 at 6:39 am

Sounds like all of your current changes are relaxing, happy, good ones. And a big hurrah for it too. πŸ™‚

• July 30, 2015 at 12:01 pm

We are getting there Rosey. Finally. πŸ™‚

9. July 30, 2015 at 7:20 am

Happy Thursday! Hope you can all keep cool. We are having a "cold front" that will bring us down from the 100+ range into the lower 90s, and we are thrilled!

• July 30, 2015 at 12:01 pm

We're staying home today and the air conditioner is working just fine. πŸ™‚

10. July 30, 2015 at 7:53 am

Ah yes, the government wants its share for letting you live. That pays for the chauffeur and the limo they ride in.

• July 30, 2015 at 12:02 pm

This would be correct Kismet. We don't own anything on our boats, but we'll be charged a luxury tax every single year. πŸ™‚

11. July 30, 2015 at 8:21 am

Hi Sandee, the weather here in Montreal is dangerously hot and humid, has been for a few days now and looks like it will be like this for a week.

• July 30, 2015 at 12:02 pm

I hope it cools off for you soon. I like warm, but hot not so much. πŸ™‚

12. July 30, 2015 at 9:32 am

Good to hear that you two are divesting yourself of some chores- have FUN AND DO STAY COOL

• July 30, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Finally. We've volunteered long enough and we're getting of the age that it's time for us. πŸ™‚

13. July 30, 2015 at 9:50 am

We spent weekends at the coast with Sadie when it was so hot here. She hated the heat and would start panting when it got above 76! Glad you were able to enjoy a road trip and sounds like there'll be more fun times when your presidency ends! Yay for retirement!

Enjoy your day Sandee! Smooches to Little Bit!

• July 30, 2015 at 12:03 pm

Yep, when Little Bit is uncomfortable we get her comfortable. Even if that means we're done with whatever we were doing. It's all about her. πŸ™‚

14. July 30, 2015 at 9:55 am

Tempus fugit. We're trying to make the best of the days we have left while our daughters still live at home. They're both moving out come this fall. Seems like yesterday they were little girls fussing over their dry erase markers.

• July 30, 2015 at 12:04 pm

Time flies indeed. My son will be 45 on Saturday. My granddaughter is 23. Time does fly. Enjoy them while they are home. πŸ™‚

• July 31, 2015 at 9:07 am

A 45 year old son???? Girl, what were you, a child bride? πŸ˜‰

• July 31, 2015 at 9:10 am

I had him when I was 19. I'm going to be 64 in September. πŸ™‚

15. July 30, 2015 at 10:11 am

That is my dream to someday take road trips eating ice cream all along the way! You guys are busy though, so you deserved it!

• July 30, 2015 at 12:05 pm

It's a wonderful thing to do. You'll get there. I promise. πŸ™‚

16. July 30, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Those side trips are nice. I wish I had more time for them too. You're hitting one of our favorite stomping grounds too. We like to take the motorhome to Plymouth and use it as our hub to visit the gold country. We visit the same towns you do. Our favorite is Sutter Creek however. c-)

• July 30, 2015 at 1:56 pm

Oh Sutter Creek. We should go there next. Great idea Odie. πŸ™‚

17. July 30, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Gibbs doesn't like the heat too much either. Having black fur isn't such a great thing when you're trying to stay cool

• July 30, 2015 at 2:14 pm

Bit has black fur too so I can relate. Poor things. πŸ™‚

18. July 30, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Yay for road trips and passing torches! Hope tomorrow is a good day. It's hot up here too. Crazy weather. We need more rain!

• July 31, 2015 at 8:29 am

I love road trips. I love your road trips. It was fun to just see the countryside. πŸ™‚

19. July 31, 2015 at 12:59 am

I love road trips! I wish my husband I can do that often..maybe 10 years from now πŸ™‚
    Have a happy weekend!

• July 31, 2015 at 8:30 am

All it cost us was the gas and the ice cream. It was a lovely day. πŸ™‚

20. July 31, 2015 at 8:38 am

Sounds like life is good!

• July 31, 2015 at 9:11 am

Life is more than good Jason, it's fantastic. πŸ™‚

21. July 31, 2015 at 1:08 pm

Road trips are always fun. It's good to get out and away from things sometimes.

• July 31, 2015 at 4:31 pm

I'd forgotten how wonderful they were until we we on the road trip. A wonderful day. πŸ™‚