Wednesdays Question

It’s Wednesday so that means it’s question time. It’s time to ponder and then answer just one question. Okay, you can add all you want as a reason for your answer too. We’d all like that.

Here’s this weeks question: Is your life what you expected it to be, or did it turn out differently than you had planned/hoped for?

My life has exceeded all my expectations. I struggled for so many years and am now comfortable in my retirement. I married the love of my life and we really do have a fairy-tale life. I’m so blessed. I think a lot of how I feel is my attitude about life. Gratitude is most important.

60 comments for “Wednesdays Question

1. July 8, 2015 at 12:31 am

It turned out differently than what I had planned or dreamed BUT definitely better. πŸ™‚

I totally agree with you, gratitude is important and it is always nice to have that positive disposition whatever life throws you..my one liner never fails to encourage me "this too shall pass"

Happy Wednesday my dear!

• July 9, 2015 at 7:21 am

We need the gratitude or nothing will ever be good enough. πŸ™‚

2. July 8, 2015 at 1:16 am

I would say better and different.I live in paradise, but far from family. I also married the love of my life and we have been sharing a non-stop adventure for years. Lots of twists and turns, but gratitude and focusing on the positives seems to be the key.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:22 am

You've a good life Rhonda and I've enjoyed sharing the parts you want to share. πŸ™‚

3. July 8, 2015 at 1:27 am

Oh, it is totally different that what I'd ever imagined as that idealistic, doe-eyed teenager. I expected to be a happy homemaker… wife, mother & grandmother and to never leave my tiny corner or Massachusetts. Instead I married Mr. Wrongfella first, couldn't have any children and have been working and living in the south for more than 40 years ar away from most of my family..

But at least I did finally get to marry Mr. RightFella! So Yay!

Have yourself a wonderful day with that sweetheart of a fella of yours! xoxo

• July 9, 2015 at 7:22 am

I married Mr. Wrongfella too and now we both have Mr. RightFella. We are both very lucky. πŸ™‚

July 8, 2015 at 2:03 am

No, my life is nothing like what I had expected. It is what it is though, some good, some bad. Attitude is everything and if you don't let the bad times take you down the good times are that much better.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:23 am

You can't let the bad times be the focal point. You just can't. πŸ™‚

5. July 8, 2015 at 2:27 am

Way back then, I didn't expect much nor look forward to anything. Looking back, life has been good even with the ups and downs. Having the right attitude, contentment and gratefulness, etc is very important. I am indeed thankfulness for all that I have.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:23 am

You have a fun life Nancy and I enjoy your adventures. πŸ™‚

6. July 8, 2015 at 5:14 am

I have more reasons to be thankful for my life than I can count. About the only thing that turned out the way I planned it was my profession, and even that was by the grace of the Almighty. I look around me today and I really have no legitimate reason to complain about anything. I live in a beautiful part of the greatest country on earth. I was born and grew up in what history may recall as the "Golden Age" of this nation. I have a great family and we have all been healthy. Life has been good and I have no one to thank but God Himself. Thank you Lord.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:24 am

You are always the most grateful person. Always. I don't think I've heard you complain about anything. πŸ™‚

7. July 8, 2015 at 5:33 am

My life was what I expected/wanted, then very UNEXPECTEDLY it turned upside down. I'm still gauging how it's going. It's going… but it's going slow.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:24 am

I sure wish I knew why Rose. I worry about you. I think of you often. πŸ™‚

8. July 8, 2015 at 5:41 am

Sooo happy for you! A fairytale come true!
    No, my life did NOT turn out as expected but it isn't bad………that being said, I sure wouldn't mind hitting the lottery so we can finally stop worrying about money!! Have a great day! Sending much love!

• July 9, 2015 at 7:25 am

Money can be a hard thing to overcome. It comes with debt often. I so remember. I was once so in debt and poor that I thought I would never climb out of that hole. πŸ™‚

9. July 8, 2015 at 5:48 am

My whole life is different than what I thought it would be mainly because of my stroke. One day was this but the the next day a whole life changed. I've enjoyed the life that I've had and wouldn't change it for nothing. I had to build my life totally different then what I had planned before the stroke.
    Have a brilliant Wednesday Sandee and once again, SMILE. Life has so many great positive things in it. See it.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:26 am

You've a good life though Paul. You and Mary Lou go on a cruise every winter. I thing that rocks. You also have a wonderful family and a beautiful home. πŸ™‚

10. July 8, 2015 at 6:17 am

Mine turned out differently to what I had planned due to health reasons but life isn't bad so I am happy, I agree with Paul's last sentence

Have a tanfastictastic day Sandee :-h

• July 9, 2015 at 7:27 am

Health issues can be most trying. You certainly have a great sense of humor and I really like that about you. πŸ™‚

11. July 8, 2015 at 6:21 am

My life is really good with all the animals in it and that is how it started with my love of animals, so all is good. I just knew I would always be involved with animals and that is how it happened. Sandee, you have a great day with that Zane and Little Bit.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:27 am

You and your babies are really you Marg. I can't imagine you without your babies. πŸ™‚

12. July 8, 2015 at 6:40 am

My life has exceeded my expectations. I have the love of my life for 47 years now, and am truly blessed with a great family and great friends. Totally blessed, with only minor bumps in the road of life.

Big hugs to two great friends, honey…

• July 9, 2015 at 7:27 am

We all have those minor bumps in the road, but you and I are pretty lucky gals. πŸ™‚

13. July 8, 2015 at 7:02 am

It turned out differently than I was expecting, but I am O.K. with that! πŸ™‚

• July 9, 2015 at 7:28 am

My life is different than what I thought it would be too. It's way better than I thought it would be. πŸ™‚

14. July 8, 2015 at 7:35 am

My life turned out different than I expected.

Hubby & I are headed out to eat w-)

• July 9, 2015 at 7:28 am

Hope you have a wonderful meal together. πŸ™‚

15. July 8, 2015 at 7:42 am

In some ways it's much better. 20 years ago I had a dream of doing exactly what I'm doing now.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:29 am

Then you're living your dream. Excellent Odie πŸ™‚

16. July 8, 2015 at 9:32 am

I was going to be centerfielder for the Yankees but I couldn't hit a curve ball.
    or a fastball.
    or a changeup.
    Oh, I also had trouble fielding a fly ball…otherwise…

• July 9, 2015 at 7:29 am

You're a silly man Joe. I like that very much too. Are you still on the Jersey Shore? πŸ™‚

17. July 8, 2015 at 10:22 am

I didn't really have a plan, but I certainly wouldn't have guessed the direction my life has gone. It is a great life.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:29 am

I love reading about your life too. I love your family. πŸ™‚

18. July 8, 2015 at 10:29 am

I was first married at the ripe old age of 19 and had two children within 5 years- after that my life was turned upside down and it took quite awhile for me to figure out what I needed to do. I managed to keep my priorities straight and now am married to the most perfect person for me- we are so blessed. I count my blessings every day and never ever take life for granted..

• July 9, 2015 at 7:31 am

I did it wrong the first time around too. I'm so glad we both got it right the second time around. πŸ™‚

19. July 8, 2015 at 11:51 am

I feel a blog post coming on, but don't hold your breath.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:31 am

I never hold my breath Skip. I won't in this instance either. πŸ™‚

20. July 8, 2015 at 11:55 am

I never had any expectations but so far my life has turned out better than I could've imagined! I married my high school sweetheart and we are perfect for each other still today. I love my friends, my job, our house, town, state and of course I love my girls more than anything! Life is good!

So glad your life is so fabulous too Sandee! Smooches to Little Bit!

• July 9, 2015 at 7:32 am

We both have great lives. I already knew you had a great life too. How could you not with the two cutest kitties on the planet! πŸ™‚

21. July 8, 2015 at 12:29 pm

My life turned out completely different from what imagined it would be. Would I have been happier had it not turned out the way it did? That is a question that I can't answer truthfully because I have no way of knowing. I did the best with the cards I was dealt, but had I been dealt different cards, I would've made the best of that hand too.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:33 am

I did the best with the cards I was dealt too. I had some very dark and hard times in my road to where I am today. πŸ™‚

22. July 8, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Brilliant!! My life is nothing like I thought but I love it anyways!!

Hugs Giggles

• July 9, 2015 at 7:34 am

I'm glad that you are happy Giggles. Great to see you again. πŸ™‚

23. July 8, 2015 at 3:05 pm

I honesty don't recall having any expectations that looked too far in the future when I was younger. Goals, yes, but I spent my life going from one opportunity to another. I've always worked and worked hard but I wouldn't change much except my husband's stroke of course.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:34 am

That is one thing that would have been nice not to of had to deal with. Strokes are serious business for both the one that has the stroke and the one that has to care of that person. πŸ™‚

24. July 8, 2015 at 3:58 pm

Much different.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:35 am

I hope it's all good though Binky. πŸ™‚

25. July 8, 2015 at 5:03 pm

I love my life. What's funny is that I never really had any expectations to be honest.

• July 8, 2015 at 5:05 pm

That came from 40 years being single, now married, now living in a totally different geographical area. My life is very different from my childhood expectations. Much better. I've been so blessed.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:35 am

Well, some folks don't have expectations. They just take life head on. πŸ™‚

• July 9, 2015 at 7:36 am

I know you have a great life with hubby and I love reading about your adventures. πŸ™‚

26. July 8, 2015 at 5:35 pm

It's nothing like what i would have imagined, and while there are a few minor things i would change, blessings abound and i'm very grateful.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:36 am

I read about your blessings almost everyday. I so enjoy hearing about you and your family. πŸ™‚

27. July 9, 2015 at 1:49 am

Definitely not what I hoped it would be. But well, I like it the way it is. πŸ™‚

• July 9, 2015 at 7:37 am

It's good to dream. Dreaming makes my world go around. πŸ™‚

28. July 9, 2015 at 6:55 am

My life is nothing at all as I planned it or thought it would be. Most of that was my own doing. Enough said.

• July 9, 2015 at 7:37 am

You know I love you Sandy, right. I knew you knew that. πŸ™‚

29. July 9, 2015 at 11:48 pm

I guess I expected it to turn out different ways at different points in my life. I'm not dead yet so that's a bonus

• July 10, 2015 at 9:13 am

We all have bumps in the road, but it's how we approach those bumps. I'm happy I'm still alive too. πŸ™‚

❀I Love Comments❀