Wednesdays Question

It’s Wednesday so that means it’s question time. It’s time to ponder and then answer just one question. Okay, you can add all you want as a reason for your answer too. We’d all like that.

Here’s this weeks question: Today is the first day of July and here in the U.S. it’s summer. Many places are very hot this time of year and others are having flooding and lots of rain. What’s the weather been like where you live?

Spring was pretty cool. Unusually cool and then we got some triple digit days as we neared summer. Right now we’re having a heat wave. Unknown what kind of a summer we’ll have, but one thing is for sure…it probably won’t rain.

Post navigation

72 comments for “Wednesdays Question

1. July 1, 2015 at 12:59 am

Well, it's the south so HAWT and humid and thrn toss in some summer thunderstorms to keep it sultry.

But I wouldn't trade our hot summers for snowy winters… At least I don't have to shovel it! πŸ™‚

Hoping you get some much needed rain, hon. srsly. Have yourself a wonderdul day! xoxo

• July 1, 2015 at 10:02 am

I'm with you on the snow. I never want to live in snow country. πŸ™‚

2. July 1, 2015 at 1:52 am

It's winter in New Zealand. Auckland weather is similar to San Francisco. It's cold, but but not freezing. It rains a lot, but doesn't snow. Although the past few days have been quite sunny.

• July 1, 2015 at 10:03 am

San Francisco weather isn't all that bad. If it doesn't snow I'm very happy. πŸ™‚

3. July 1, 2015 at 3:15 am

At this moment we are having a heatwave (well 3 days of heat counts as a heatwave here LOL) it's apparently going to be around 33 celsius/93F the humidity is horrendous, but it is gonna be stormy towards the end of the week I hope it clears the humidity we are not used to it as we don't get it so hot here usually πŸ™‚

And that ladies and gentlemen is the weather for central London LOL

Have a weathertastic day Sandee :-h

• July 1, 2015 at 10:03 am

Oh that's hot I'm sure. I hope it breaks soon and you're back to normal. πŸ™‚

July 1, 2015 at 4:19 am

we've been getting a lot of cloudy and rainy days. Today it's looking very gray and the last I looked it was drizzling. I'm in need of some sunshine

• July 1, 2015 at 10:03 am

We'll take all the rain you don't want. It's ever so dry here. πŸ™‚

5. July 1, 2015 at 4:22 am

Here in Denmark we have had a very cold June. Only about 13 degrees Celsius (don't know what it is in Fahrenheit) But for the next 4 days our weatherman have promised a heat wave coming up from Spain Yeah πŸ™‚ y-

Wags from Laika & Vaks

• July 1, 2015 at 10:05 am

About 55 degrees. That's pretty cold indeed.

Wags to Laika and Vaks from Little Bit. πŸ™‚

6. LAC
    July 1, 2015 at 4:32 am

Rainier than usual. But you will not find me complaining. We need it after an awful winter and drought warnings all spring. Just glad we didn't get a pool this year, we'd have no time to use it.

BTW, love your patriotic blog template. Very cool!

• July 1, 2015 at 10:06 am

We are in a severe drought here and it's hotter than the blazes.

Thanks for the kudos on the patriotic background. πŸ™‚

7. July 1, 2015 at 4:38 am

Here in the N GA Alps we are expecting more rain later, but at least the temps have dropped…low 60s at night, up to 80ish during the day. Not bad for summer!

Big hugs, honey…

• July 1, 2015 at 10:06 am

I would love that kind of weather all summer long. Perfect. πŸ™‚

8. July 1, 2015 at 4:39 am

Haha…we have the same background right now! Great minds…

• July 1, 2015 at 10:06 am

Great minds indeed honey. πŸ™‚

9. July 1, 2015 at 4:40 am

We have had two weeks of a heat wave but at the moment it is a tiny bit cooler which is really nice. Lots of good rain. Sandee, you and Zane and Little Bit have a wonderful day.

• July 1, 2015 at 10:07 am

Oh I would love to have your rain. It's so very dry here. πŸ™‚

10. July 1, 2015 at 4:43 am

Our weather here in West Michigan has been wetter than usual and cooler than usual, like summer hasn't really started yet.

• July 1, 2015 at 10:07 am

I've heard it's wetter and cooler. πŸ™‚

11. July 1, 2015 at 5:10 am

Indiana is the same as Jean from Michigan. My 14 year old hasn't been able to have his camping birthday party yet with all of the storms we're having. I do like the temps, but they aren't conducive to swimming.

• July 1, 2015 at 10:08 am

We have family in Indiana and they say it's been pretty wet this year. πŸ™‚

12. July 1, 2015 at 5:11 am

The last few days have been hot and humid. It has been a very wet spring and early summer here in NW Arkansas. The lakes are full, the rivers are full, and we may get more rain this week-end. They have actually opened the flood gates on Beaver Lake twice this year. That hasn't happened in the twenty-eight years we've lived here.

• July 1, 2015 at 10:08 am

You're getting the water we need. Oh well, it will come back at some point. πŸ™‚

13. July 1, 2015 at 5:54 am

we have actually been unseasonably cool. We were in the 70s and cooler, had some rain…….now we are getting more normal. It is supposed to be in the 80s for the next few days as it is supposed to be!

• July 1, 2015 at 10:09 am

You have the perfect weather. It could be 85 degrees year around and I'd be happy. πŸ™‚

14. July 1, 2015 at 6:22 am

It's really been wonderful for the whole part. We've had a great deal of rain this year. We broke a 75 year record for rain. Flowers & the lawn love it and the weather has been around 75 to 80 degrees this year. I only put the AC on twice. The worst part is there are many more mosquitos this year and they are bigger.
    Have a great Wednesday Sandee. See ya.

• July 1, 2015 at 10:09 am

You're having the perfect summer Paul. I wish we could have your summer here. πŸ™‚

15. July 1, 2015 at 6:50 am

The weather guy on the local reported the average temperature here last month was 100 degrees or more.
    Yesterday it was 113.
    Today and tomorrow it is supposed to be about the same, cooling to 105 on Friday.

My cousin sent me a link that Ireland is having a heat wave, too.
    The temps there are in the 60s and 70s.

• July 1, 2015 at 10:10 am

It was blazing hot yesterday, but we didn't get that hot. We were around 107 I think. Too hot.

So that's a heat wave in Ireland? The coast of Oregon it's about the same. πŸ™‚

16. July 1, 2015 at 6:51 am

In Chennai, India the weather is hot, hotter and hottest throughout the year. It is summer, obviously hottest at 38 deg Centigrade.
    Have a great day!

• July 1, 2015 at 10:11 am

That's 100 degrees. That's hot. πŸ™‚

17. July 1, 2015 at 7:56 am

It's hot and dry here and has been for a week and will be for another week with temps hovering around 100. We need rain! *sigh*

Hope you're staying cool Sandee! Smooches to Little Bit!

• July 1, 2015 at 10:12 am

Yep, and you're not used to that type of heat for the most part. I'm hoping this breaks soon. πŸ™‚

18. July 1, 2015 at 8:00 am

Some of you may laugh, but where I live if the temperature gets above 75 we melt. It has been hitting close to 90 so it's deadly right now. The nights have been cooling down to the high 50s. Our biggest worry right now are forest fires. c-)

• July 1, 2015 at 10:13 am

I know that forest fires are your biggest worry. It would be for me too. I think we have one more day after today and it will cool off some. πŸ™‚

19. July 1, 2015 at 8:06 am

It is Jersey Shore prefect!

• July 1, 2015 at 10:13 am

It's good to have the perfect weather. πŸ™‚

20. July 1, 2015 at 8:19 am

some blogger friends are having far too much rain while we are having the same heat wave you are! No rain in sight- altho a few drops fell on me two mornings ago!
    big hugs- stay cool!

• July 1, 2015 at 10:13 am

Yep, we're having a horrible heat wave and everything is so dry. πŸ™‚

21. July 1, 2015 at 8:46 am

Hot, humid, raining and flooding! It's monsoon season in the desert, where if you just wait a minute the weather will change! I love the patriotic changes to your blog! Have a wonderful 4th of July!

• July 1, 2015 at 10:14 am

Oh that kind of weather. I lived in Tillamook Oregon and the weather would change like that and often.

Thanks for the loving the patriotic changes on my blog. πŸ™‚

22. July 1, 2015 at 9:14 am

We're in that period where it's hot, humid and we get thunderstorms almost daily. Thankfully they don't last long, but they do dump a lot of water while they last. We have to keep draining the pool.

• July 1, 2015 at 10:15 am

Oh for some rain. Lots of gentle rain. Don't want to flood, but give everything a good soaking. πŸ™‚

• July 1, 2015 at 1:35 pm

I understand, but we don't just get that gentle rain, we get a downpour that makes our yard squishy. It doesn't last all day, but it's a very heavy downpour while it lasts. We make the best of it as everyone else in the country makes the best of what they get.

• July 1, 2015 at 2:05 pm

We're making the best of what we get too, but I still long for a lot of gentle rain so things would be wet again. πŸ™‚

23. July 1, 2015 at 9:28 am

Unusually cool and rainy lately here in New York. Hoping it will warm up soon so we can get some swimming in before the season ends. πŸ™‚

• July 1, 2015 at 10:16 am

Sounds like the weather has done a shift. It always does though. πŸ™‚

24. July 1, 2015 at 11:43 am

Summer in the swamps as usual. Hot, with a chance of an afternoon pop-up shower almost daily.

• July 1, 2015 at 12:15 pm

A shower everyday would be most welcome here. πŸ™‚

25. July 1, 2015 at 11:59 am

Hot with a lot of rain, mostly afternoon showers. Supposed to rain all this weekend!

• July 1, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Well, at least you're not experiencing a drought. πŸ™‚

26. July 1, 2015 at 3:34 pm

It's been a little cooler than normal here, but still quite nice. Not too much rain, and a good amount of sun.

• July 1, 2015 at 4:31 pm

We'll get back to normal after tomorrow. I hate triple digit heat. πŸ™‚

27. July 1, 2015 at 4:19 pm

We are having the hotest month so far, from 109F to 113F with little chance of any cooling trend, we have to do as much as we an as early as possible to avoid heat stroke.

• July 1, 2015 at 4:32 pm

That's hot. I think it's 100Β° right now. That's not too bad. Not as hot as yesterday. πŸ™‚

28. July 1, 2015 at 5:14 pm

Rain one day…sweltering the next

• July 2, 2015 at 7:12 am

Never boring where you live. πŸ™‚

29. July 1, 2015 at 5:53 pm

It's been hot as hell in Dixie, but then that's not unusual for this time of year! Global warming, global cooling, or man-made climate change has nothing to do with it!

• July 2, 2015 at 7:12 am

I think today we are going to be far cooler. I'm happy about that. πŸ™‚

30. July 1, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Here is KC we have had the second rainiest May & June on record. So it is quite warm and very humid.
    #OMHGWW

• July 2, 2015 at 7:12 am

Yep, lot of water in your neck of the woods. πŸ™‚

31. July 1, 2015 at 6:25 pm

Boise, Idaho? Hotter than two squirrels fucking in a wool sock!

• July 2, 2015 at 7:13 am

Now that's HOT MiMi. πŸ™‚

32. July 1, 2015 at 7:40 pm

I live in Montreal, Canada, and today (July 1st) was Canada Day for us. It was pretty rainy, but I don't mind, because I have always loved the rain. I cannot take it when it is very hot and humid (like 30 in the 90's and up)….not so much the heat as the humidity that affects me, but unfortunately here in Montreal it is rarely a dry heat, it is always humid. πŸ™‚

• July 2, 2015 at 7:13 am

I'm with you, I can do without the humidity too. πŸ™‚

33. July 2, 2015 at 1:02 am

It's rainy and flood season here in my part of the world but our weather bureau said we aren't getting enough rain (mild el nino) and the farmers are suffering. It's still warm though but not as humid hot compare to last 2 months. we do get rains mostly in the afternoon and evening and we are braving ourselves for incoming cyclones. In average 4 usually comes in July. You know we need rain water but we don't need the flooding specially here in the metro.

• July 2, 2015 at 7:13 am

I hope the flooding isn't an issue this year my friend. πŸ™‚

34. July 2, 2015 at 5:31 am

Hoping my comment published

• July 2, 2015 at 7:14 am

Well, this one did, but that's it. I'm sorry you're having issues with my blog Michelle. πŸ™

35. July 2, 2015 at 7:36 pm

Dear Sandee, It has been very spring-like. It really does not feel like summer yet. The weather has been a bit rainy also.
    xoxo Catherine

• July 3, 2015 at 11:29 am

I hope you get a taste of summer soon Catherine. We are finally over our heatwave. πŸ™‚