Wednesdays Question

It’s Wednesday so that means it’s question time. It’s time to ponder and then answer just one question. Okay, you can add all you want as a reason for your answer too. We’d all like that.

Here’s this weeks question: There have been tons of press over Bruce Jenner’s becoming a woman. Many have said she’s a hero, more so than decorated military personnel in some cases. Is Caitlyn Jenner a hero or not?

No. I don’t feel she’s a hero. It did take a lot of courage for her to publicly do this, but a hero? No. This is a family that thrives on publicity. I do hope she’s happy with her decision.

52 comments for “Wednesdays Question

1. June 24, 2015 at 1:18 am

Ima leave this question alone. Because honestly, all I can do is shake my head. And it's probably better that way.

Have a blessed day hon. xoxo

• June 25, 2015 at 11:19 am

It's a pretty hot topic with some. I decided to just go for it. πŸ™‚

2. June 24, 2015 at 4:20 am

Actually, in New Zealand it's a non-story. It was mentioned once or twice, but it's not news, and certainly not hero news.

• June 25, 2015 at 11:20 am

It should be a non-story here too Rhonda. It's a private matter in my view. πŸ™‚

3. June 24, 2015 at 4:31 am

I'm gonna go with no on that one and leave it at that.
    Have a lovely day!

• June 25, 2015 at 11:20 am

Well, there was a seal or someone that was called a coward but she was called a hero. That's what started all this. πŸ™‚

4. June 24, 2015 at 5:10 am

I don't pay much attention to the media πŸ˜•

• June 25, 2015 at 11:21 am

We really don't have honest media anymore. It's all agenda driven. πŸ™‚

5. June 24, 2015 at 5:15 am

This goes on ever day and is never mentioned on the news for others. This story is for news and money. All of a sudden he/she has a new TV show. WOW! People are who they are and good for them but to make money and power, I'm sorry. That doesn't make it in my book. It's all about these Kardashian women. I just wish they would go away.
    Have a wonderful & beautiful Wednesday Sandee. See ya.

• June 25, 2015 at 11:21 am

Publicity is all she was looking for. It runs in their family. πŸ™‚

6. June 24, 2015 at 5:21 am

I don't get the "hero" label either. I suppose it was brave in a sense to do what he/she did, especially because he/she is such a public figure, but to me a hero must involve doing something dangerous that saves the lives of other people. I don't believe it was just for publicity either but I don't see how it could have been avoided either with the media following that family around all the time. I don't get why people care about them or watch them all all!

• June 25, 2015 at 11:22 am

I agree it took courage. I don't think I'd want that out for everyone to read. πŸ™‚

7. June 24, 2015 at 5:29 am

In my opinion, I say NO, this has nothing to do with being a hero, just personal preference that should not be in the news where there are more life threatening issues, more news worthy,like helping the homeless and starving children in America and welcoming our soldiers back home!

Have a great week!

• June 25, 2015 at 11:26 am

I agree Karren. It's a personal preference that should not be in the news. πŸ™‚

8. June 24, 2015 at 5:34 am

I will never understand why people have to brag about doing something like he or she did..Who cares whether she or he is a she or a he. That is her own business, not mine.
    Cerrainly not a hero in my book. Just looking for attention.
    Sandee, you and Zane and Little Bit have a fantastic day.

• June 25, 2015 at 11:27 am

I think it's just the dynamics of that family. Probably for the press. πŸ™‚

9. June 24, 2015 at 6:17 am

Quite frankly I don't think "she" is a hero. I think the whole Kardashian family is all about publicity and getting their names in newspapers, the internet etc.
    What people do in their private lives is just that-private. Whether it's their sexual lives or how one chooses to live (or die) and their actions do not do something to harm another. I wish that everyone would mind their own business and not dictate their beliefs on others.

• June 25, 2015 at 11:27 am

Amen Kathe, amen. Scritches to Cody. πŸ™‚

10. June 24, 2015 at 7:15 am

Not a hero. Bluntly speaking- I personally believe if God put you on Earth with a penis, you should be a man and accept that fact. But I am not judging him, just think it is sad really. Not a Kardashian fan! I do feel sorry for their brother but we don't know the real story behind of that either. They are all so fake.

• June 25, 2015 at 11:28 am

I do think some folks are trapped in the wrong gender. I'm not a Kardashian fan either. πŸ™‚

11. June 24, 2015 at 7:53 am

No not a hero, brave for announcing and following through, but not someone who has risked their life to help others and save lives. I kind of feel sorry for him/her, she seems deeply troubled and it all just makes me feel very sad.

12. June 24, 2015 at 7:57 am

No, not a hero but if she gives others courage to live their authentic lives then I suppose that's a good thing. I can't even begin to understand what it feels like to be in the wrong body but at least now it's a discussion for those that do thanks to the Kardashian publicity machine.

Hope the heat there doesn't stick around too long! I am so not a fan of triple digits either. Cool scritches for Little Bit!

• June 25, 2015 at 11:29 am

It's hotter than the blazes here today. Going to be as hot tomorrow then cool off for the weekend. It's hot. πŸ™‚

13. June 24, 2015 at 8:45 am

Nothing heroic about this action. May the hoopla die down soon.

Big hugs, honey…

• June 25, 2015 at 11:29 am

It seems to be dying down. I'm thankful for that. πŸ™‚

14. June 24, 2015 at 9:06 am

Not a hero in my book either. And ditto what Traveling Bells said – hope the hoopla dies down soon.

• June 25, 2015 at 11:29 am

She had a wonderful fathers day. πŸ™‚

15. June 24, 2015 at 9:15 am

Not a hero to me probably has made quite a bit of money out of it, over the years I have known 3 transgender 2 male to female and 1 female to male they didn't make a fuss they just got on with it.
    Some people would quite happily tell their story in the media or should I say their "journey" for the takings.

Have a gendertasticday Sandee :-h

• June 25, 2015 at 11:30 am

I too think it's a non-story. Get on with whatever you need to do. πŸ™‚

16. June 24, 2015 at 9:19 am

Hero? No. To myself, a hero is someone who saves someone's life, who fights for the lives of others, etc.

• June 25, 2015 at 11:30 am

I agree Linda. πŸ™‚

17. June 24, 2015 at 11:35 am

I don't think she's a hero. It takes courage to do what she did…but there are people all over this country who have done the same thing and haven't been hailed heroes, so why him?

• June 25, 2015 at 11:33 am

Because he was Bruce Jenner? I don't know. πŸ™‚

18. June 24, 2015 at 1:09 pm

No, I don't consider her a hero for trans-gendering… is that a vowel? She did manage to outdo the Kardashians. Have to give her credit for that. I'm waiting for the whole family to announce their one-way ticket to Mars πŸ˜‰

• June 25, 2015 at 11:33 am

I'll pitch in on that one way ticket. Where do I send the money? πŸ™‚

19. June 24, 2015 at 1:16 pm

It is fair to say that I don't find Bruce/Caitlyn to be a hero. I don't understand how anyone becomes so disappointed in who they are and what they were created to be, that they come to the conclusion that gender change is going to make things better. Instead I see a poor, misguided soul that is hopelessly lost and confused in this life.

• June 25, 2015 at 11:34 am

I hope she doesn't regret this down the road either. πŸ™‚

20. June 24, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Not a hero in the traditional sense. A courageous person to come out and be the voice of people who go through this, yes. There is a difference between being a hero and being a courageous person.

• June 25, 2015 at 11:34 am

A huge difference between the two indeed. πŸ™‚

21. June 24, 2015 at 2:20 pm

No, I don't consider him/her a hero or even as acting heroic. This was a personal choice that had no business even being publicized.

• June 25, 2015 at 11:35 am

I agree Ann, but it must have been a slow news day. πŸ™‚

22. June 24, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Mom's gossip magazines in Denmark have written all about it. Mom thinks he/she can do what he/she please. But think he/she will earn a little money publishing his photos.

:-O from Laika & Vaks

• June 25, 2015 at 11:35 am

I'm pretty sure it's about the ink and the money. πŸ™‚

23. June 25, 2015 at 12:33 am

Not a hero for me. I agree with what you said completely.

Have a nice day my friend!

• June 25, 2015 at 11:36 am

Thanks Rocks. It appears that most of us are on the same page. πŸ™‚

24. June 25, 2015 at 2:13 pm

He is an "IT". c-)

• June 25, 2015 at 4:58 pm

I haven't a clue how all this works. I just hope she's happy. πŸ™‚

25. June 26, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Not a hero, though it would take courage to admit this publicly. Though as you said, they do seem to like the attention.

• June 26, 2015 at 3:38 pm

They do love the attention indeed. πŸ™‚

26. June 27, 2015 at 2:42 pm

Dear Sandee, No, I don't think she is a hero; simply living her life in the spotlight and sharing her thoughts and trials through life publicly; though this does take courage to endure public scrutiny through this time. I too hope she is happy. xo Catherine

• June 27, 2015 at 4:20 pm

Sounds like most of us are on the same page here. I kind of figured we would be. Thanks for weighing in Catherine. πŸ™‚