Wednesdays Question

It’s Wednesday so that means it’s question time. It’s time to ponder and then answer just one question. Okay, you can add all you want as a reason for your answer too. We’d all like that.

Here’s this weeks question: Are you concerned about arriving on time for appointments or is being a bit late more your style?

On time. Other folks’ time is valuable and when you throw them off they have a hard time catching back up. I especially hate to follow that late person. Drives me over the edge sometimes. It’s like they are the only one on the planet that matters.

68 comments for “Wednesdays Question

1. June 10, 2015 at 1:09 am

Usually I am on the early side of on time. I hate being rushed or late so I am usually early. Remember, I have neither owned nor used an alarm clock in over 30 years. I am always up at O Dark Thirty ;))

Have some pasta today. It's Prince Spaghetti Day, after all. x0x0

• June 10, 2015 at 12:07 pm

I don't like alarm clocks. At all. πŸ™‚

2. June 10, 2015 at 2:04 am

I am an early bird. Being late makes me crazy. It is disrespectful. Have an amazing Wednesday. Have a glass of iced tea with your pasta. It is also 'Iced tea Day'.

• June 10, 2015 at 12:07 pm

Makes me very nervous when someone makes me late. πŸ™‚

3. June 10, 2015 at 2:26 am

I am an early person and I do not like to be kept waiting.

• June 10, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Me either Nancy. πŸ™‚

4. June 10, 2015 at 4:32 am

It was always my habit in business to arrive about five minutes early to an appointment. Being late for a meeting is the first indication that deadlines are not important to you.

• June 10, 2015 at 12:08 pm

I agree with the indication part. πŸ™‚

5. June 10, 2015 at 5:27 am

I always try and be early but somehow something always seems to happen. Sadly I tend to be a late person. I know it seems disrespectful, but it is not, I think it is a mental disorder.

• June 10, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Some people just can't be on time. It's just what it is. πŸ™‚

6. June 10, 2015 at 5:45 am

This is too funny, I was just ranting and raving about this to my husband! I am ridiculously early for everything! I was just ranting and raving that my sister-in-law wants to leave for the airport tomorrow at 5:45 am and our flight leaves at 7:25am. They will start boarding at 7. We won't get to the airport til around 6:15. I like to have time to go to the ladies room and stop and buy water and a banana. She is cutting it way too close, but her husband is driving us and i am losing my mind right now!!!! Have a great day! xoxo

• June 10, 2015 at 12:09 pm

I hope this works out okay for you. I can feel your tension rising already. πŸ™‚

7. June 10, 2015 at 5:51 am

Early, early,early. I drive my wife nuts. When we go to get our flight to go to Florida, I have to be at least 3 – 4 hours. We're always the first people but I don't care. I'd rather sit there for a few hours waiting. I hate those people who have to run to get their flight. I remember a friend who would arrive to a wedding reception when people are eating their dinner just so that she could be noticed in front of everyone. I hated that. Early is the name of the game to me.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday Sandee. See ya.

• June 10, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Early is good. Early is fantastic. πŸ™‚

8. June 10, 2015 at 7:02 am

EARLY! I'm one who is driven nuts by latecomers. With professionals like docs, hairdressers, etc., I know how bad it stacks up their schedules, so I make an effort to get there early. Time is a precious commodity these days. I don't want to waste it

• June 10, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Me too like going to the show and it's started and in comes the noisy latecomers that have to sit right in your row. πŸ™‚

9. June 10, 2015 at 7:06 am

I'm always there early but usually end up waiting for appointments because it seems no one else before me was on time. So frustrating! I'm always way early to the airport for flights too because I'm a bucket of nerves until I'm at the gate.

Hope you're having a great week Sandee! I'm finally upright and hope to stay this way for at least four hours so I can work a bit. Smooches to Little Bit!

• June 10, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Yep, there is that. Bless their hearts. I'm glad you're feeling better. πŸ™‚

10. June 10, 2015 at 7:14 am

My dad used to have a saying that if you're not 15 minutes early, you're late. He allowed 15 minutes because in the old days it took 15 minutes to change a tire and you'd be prepared if that needed to be done along the way. I'm ALWAYS early and take a book along to read in the car if I'm too early. I don't like the stress of running close to the wire.

• June 10, 2015 at 12:10 pm

He was right about that and when something was important you seemed to always have a flat tire. πŸ™‚

11. June 10, 2015 at 7:26 am

On time! I try to arrive a few minutes early. I remember when I worked downtown and we interviewed people for jobs, they'd show up ridiculously early. Parking downtown was always iffy, so I understood, but it was always a huge inconvenience when they'd arrive 45 minutes early and sit outside the office while we interviewed the person before us. When I showed up that early, I'd usually do crazy things like circle the block, wait in my car, or stop by a bookstore (if one was nearby) and wait. I'm sure Starbucks locations are filled with people waiting nearby their designated meeting spot.

• June 10, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Yep, you wouldn't see me lurking until just before it was my turn. I get this. πŸ™‚

12. LAC
    June 10, 2015 at 7:40 am

I despise being late. Often, when time allows, I am even as early as 30 minutes. I've been told it came make a big difference in the rest of the day for staff at places like Dr. offices, etc. Helps make up for the late birds who mess up their day.

• June 10, 2015 at 12:11 pm

Yep, early is way better than late. πŸ™‚

13. June 10, 2015 at 8:21 am

I'm seldom if ever late. I typically arrive at appointments either right on time or several minutes ahead of time. Like you Sandee, I had being thrown off schedule by people who are late. Drives me nuts! πŸ™‚

• June 10, 2015 at 12:12 pm

I hate it when someone throws off my schedule and then they act likes it's not big deal. πŸ™‚

14. June 10, 2015 at 8:57 am

I have always been a punctual person and very well organized, so I don't have problems with this. I am on time for work, doctor's appointments and even meeting with friends. I actually show up a little early…between a half hour and 15 minutes earlier. πŸ™‚

• June 10, 2015 at 12:15 pm

I'm pretty much the same way. I'm usually 15 minutes early for everything. πŸ™‚

15. June 10, 2015 at 9:02 am

I just followed a late person to a very important meeting and it cut my time short when the next gal showed up. I was not overly pleased. Count me in for on-time.

• June 10, 2015 at 12:15 pm

So inconsiderate. So very inconsiderate. Bless their hearts. πŸ™‚

16. June 10, 2015 at 9:05 am

I'm always early to a fault. c-)

• June 10, 2015 at 12:15 pm

Me too Odie, me too. πŸ™‚

17. June 10, 2015 at 9:33 am

Both my sweetie and I are compulsively early- so are our kids….however some of our relatives and friends are never on time…I view it as rude and disrespectful- some I even tell to be at our house for dinner an hour earlier than I really want them so that they will actually be on time when they think are late….

• June 10, 2015 at 12:16 pm

Oh there are family members of mine that will be late for their own funeral. ALWAYS late. πŸ™‚

18. June 10, 2015 at 9:35 am

I am definitely an early person in fact I get there early hoping I will be seen a bit earlier haha!

Have an attendtastic day Sandee :-h

• June 10, 2015 at 12:16 pm

I always hope for that too and sometimes it works out very well. Other times not so much, πŸ™‚

19. June 10, 2015 at 10:05 am

I would like to be ontime and stict to this rule. However when I am in a group or with other family members it's late invariably.

• June 10, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Yep, I've got some of those very same kind of family members. πŸ™‚

20. June 10, 2015 at 10:08 am

I am always early to where ever I am going, then there isn't any panic about being there on time if there is traffic or something. Good question Sandee. You and Zane have great day and Little Bit too.

• June 10, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Yep, it does keep the stress level down to a low roar if you're early. πŸ™‚

21. June 10, 2015 at 10:11 am

i prefer being a bit late because i don't like waiting. πŸ™

xoxo, rae

• June 10, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Someone else will have to wait because you're late. That's the way it works. πŸ™‚

22. June 10, 2015 at 10:45 am

I go by my dad's standards: 10 minutes early is early. 5 minutes early is on time. On time is late. It annoys me to no end when people are consistently late.

• June 10, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Me too. Drives me right over the edge. πŸ™‚

23. June 10, 2015 at 10:46 am

I am the "arrive early" person. Hubby always has ONE more thing to do, so is therefore late. A lot. That drives me crazy. We are working on it. Haha!

Scritches to Lil Bit. Big hugs to you and Zane, honey…

• June 10, 2015 at 12:18 pm

I always knew you complimented each other and you do. πŸ™‚

24. June 10, 2015 at 11:17 am

I'm always early. I make it a point to get my stuff done before an appointment. We all live busy lives… and I try to respect the lives of everybody else by being on time.

• June 10, 2015 at 12:19 pm

It is a very simple thing…respect. πŸ™‚

25. June 10, 2015 at 11:25 am

Oh, this is a perfect question for me to answer today. I arrive on time, and usually have to wait. Although, this is often the case at Doctors appointments. Physician's cut into my time and mess me up all of the time. In fact, I was just thinking about how much money they've cost me just in time the other day. But then, I'm a writer, so what is my time worth?

I love this, I couldn't have said it better: "It's like they are the only one on the planet that matters."

You hit the nail on the head.

Great, great question!

Have super great day!

"Huge hugs" to you-

• June 10, 2015 at 12:19 pm

Doctors offices can be very bad for this. Somethings things happen and it's no fault of theirs. Hugs back. πŸ™‚

26. June 10, 2015 at 12:28 pm

Ooohhh mom is that kind who always is a little late. Sorry! =D>

• June 10, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Not everyone is one time. πŸ™‚

27. June 10, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Always have been always will be 15-20 minutes early for everything. Now that I have my kindle with me all the time it's not even so bad waiting once I get where I'm going. I just read to pass the time

• June 10, 2015 at 4:47 pm

When I was working being on time was most important. Still is, but it was really important to me. πŸ™‚

28. June 10, 2015 at 1:56 pm

I am always early for an appointment.

• June 10, 2015 at 4:47 pm

No doubt in my mind that you're squared away. πŸ™‚

29. June 10, 2015 at 2:08 pm

Unless the baby had a horrible diaper accident right as we were leaving, on time always!

• June 10, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Those are things out of ones control. πŸ™‚

30. June 10, 2015 at 3:49 pm

I always want to be at least a few minute early for appointments.

• June 10, 2015 at 4:48 pm

It's just the nice thing to do. Less stressful too. πŸ™‚

31. June 10, 2015 at 7:29 pm

I want to be on time. I don't want to be on the other side (waiting) and we should all respect each other's time πŸ˜€

• June 11, 2015 at 6:57 am

It's hard sometimes to get it together in the mornings. I so remember. πŸ™‚

32. June 10, 2015 at 10:57 pm

I`m not a morning person but i still try to be on time …..thats why alarm clocks are a bless for me….

• June 11, 2015 at 6:59 am

It's the trying that's ever so important. Many never even try. πŸ™‚

33. June 11, 2015 at 8:23 am

I'm hoping my last comment made it into the filter πŸ™‚

• June 11, 2015 at 8:35 am

Are you having trouble commenting? I'm not getting this comment. πŸ™‚

34. June 13, 2015 at 2:56 am

It depends on the appointment. For doctors I am on-time, for my hair dresser, who is always late, I am not as stressed about it.

• June 14, 2015 at 3:00 pm

Yep, you know your folks. The hairdresser is probably late because all or some of the appointments in front of you were late. That's what mine complains about. πŸ™‚