Wednesdays Question

It’s Wednesday so that means it’s question time. It’s time to ponder and then answer just one question. Okay, you can add all you want as a reason for your answer too. We’d all like that.

Here’s this weeks question: Do you see doctors on a regular basis? Does your car seem to only visit a grocery store and a doctors office?

Pretty much what’s happening to me. This morning I’m having two procedures done and one required a prep from Hades (I’ll bet the over 50 crowd knows about this procedure). It seems I’m going to one doctor or another for something all the time. Getting old isn’t for the weak of heart. If you’re young enjoy it.
Β

Post navigation

62 comments for “Wednesdays Question

1. June 3, 2015 at 1:13 am

After having my liver transplant in 2008, I sometimes think I see more doctors than I do family members. I see my regular doc every three months, liver doc is now only once a year YAY, and I go every other month to get blood drawn. Not so bad anymore as it used to be. Could be worse. Hope your procedures go well. Been there done that! Much loves, Sandy

• June 3, 2015 at 5:27 am

I never went to doctors until I hit about 50 and now it seems I'm going to them all the time. πŸ™‚

2. June 3, 2015 at 1:25 am

Hi Sandee, I thank God that I do not need to visit the doc regularly. I only go for my checkups twice a year and I hope it remains that way. Well, my car goes a lot more places than just the grocery and doc office….Have a wonderful day.!

• June 3, 2015 at 5:27 am

Cherish that good health my friend. πŸ™‚

3. June 3, 2015 at 2:43 am

There is no room on my calendar for me to have many doctor visits… what with my husband's, cat's, mother's and father's appointments. Srsly.

So far I am blessed to only require my once a year checkup and dentals. Fingers crossed. πŸ˜€

xoxo

• June 3, 2015 at 5:28 am

You are blessed Barb. I know you know that too. πŸ™‚

4. June 3, 2015 at 3:04 am

I am having some medical problems currently, and seem to be at different doctors all the time. but my car find it's self most often driving my teens somewhere.

• June 3, 2015 at 5:28 am

I hope they pass quickly and you're back to your healthy self. πŸ™‚

5. June 3, 2015 at 3:08 am

Funny, I was just at the doctor's office yesterday for check ups for two kids. Where we had to make a follow up appt. for one of them at the dermatologist. I seem to always be going to one medical person or another, for me or someone in the family.

• June 3, 2015 at 5:28 am

Well, when you have kids there are lots of doctors appointments. I forgot about that. πŸ™‚

6. June 3, 2015 at 4:21 am

We aren't there quite yet, fortunately. We still go to the vet for our pets more often than we go to the doctor for us, yay! Our car also goes to the Denney's, the library and church every week. Coming up this month it will be going to some grad parties too!

• June 3, 2015 at 5:29 am

Don't forget Cracker Barrel. You like going there too. πŸ™‚

7. June 3, 2015 at 4:53 am

Yeah I have regular appointments and blod tests at the hospital to monitor the medication I am on for certain conditions ..nutcasitis is one of them =D>
    Have a prescriptiontastic day Sandee :-h

• June 3, 2015 at 5:29 am

Nutcasitis is what I like about you most Steve. πŸ™‚

8. June 3, 2015 at 5:01 am

Mom and dad knows the feeling LOL, from Laika.

9. June 3, 2015 at 5:16 am

Oh yes, I do go to the doctor but usually only twice a year for the regular doctor and twice a year for the oncologist.
    Sure hope your procedures go well for you Sandee. You are so right, it is not fun getting old, but the alternative is even worse. Hope you and Zane and Little Bit all have a great day.

• June 3, 2015 at 5:30 am

I'm sure they will. The prep is over and I've gotten a whole 2.5 hours of sleep. Couldn't be helped. πŸ™‚

10. June 3, 2015 at 5:20 am

My car goes to a few more places than the grocery store and doctor but it doesn't roam too far from home—80 miles at best. I've never in my life enjoyed driving.

• June 3, 2015 at 5:30 am

I don't go far anymore either. I like to drive, but we go to the boat and back mostly. πŸ™‚

11. June 3, 2015 at 5:26 am

Yeah, I see doctors regularly and take a slowly-creasing number of pills. Mostly it is for maintenance visits, and that occasional procedure from Hades! My main worry is glaucoma, because it seems to have my doctor worried. My vision is still okay, an my numbers are fine on three drugs via two prescription drops. Nothing else to do for the moment except to actively enjoy the beauty of the world.
    I'm still working, so my car goes to more places than yours. But I know what you mean. I can envision the day that we really only need one car.
    Peace and love, Sandee! πŸ™‚

• June 3, 2015 at 5:33 am

Yes, we're traveling in that direction too. My Hades is over. I'm as cleaned out as is humanly possible. I've not had anything but water since 5:20 pm on Monday. I'm starving. My procedure is at 8 this morning and then it's coffee and something to eat. Peace and love back to you both. πŸ™‚

12. June 3, 2015 at 5:45 am

This year I've seen my doctor to many times, nurses and blood tests ( my arm has so many holes marked ) I've had three colonoscopys since I turned 50 and I seem to have a swinging door at my hospital. Part of life I guess.
    Try to enjoy your day my friend. Have an interesting Wednesday Sandee. See ya.

• June 3, 2015 at 6:05 am

I think there are years that are worse than other. This one isn't going well. Nothing serious, but time consuming. I'm off to sleep through two procedures. πŸ™‚

13. June 3, 2015 at 5:58 am

Our doc sez hubby and I are bad for his business…we go once a year for check up and bloodwork. And that five-year visit from hell! Although I did go Monday for what will be only a minor issue. Waiting on bloodwork report.

Scritches to LB. Glad your day will soon be rosy again. Big hugs, honey…

• June 3, 2015 at 6:06 am

β™ͺβ™ͺHappy Birthday to you,β™ͺβ™ͺ
      β™ͺβ™ͺHappy Birthday to you,β™ͺβ™ͺ
      β™ͺβ™ͺHappy Birthday Dear Will,β™ͺβ™ͺ
      β™ͺβ™ͺHappy Birthday to you.β™ͺβ™ͺ

You both come from mighty fine stock. Good for you. Love you both. πŸ™‚

14. Joy
    June 3, 2015 at 6:20 am

Well, I think I don't see the doctor very often and I hope that it will continue that way.

• June 3, 2015 at 2:47 pm

I hope does too Joy. πŸ™‚

15. LAC
    June 3, 2015 at 6:31 am

Lately I see more docs than average, but besides that and the grocery store my car also is blessed to see my office, my family and travels quite often. But working hard to getting the doc thing fixed! Next up is OB to find out why no babies yet?!

• June 3, 2015 at 2:48 pm

You're so very young too. Little things mostly. The big stuff comes later on down the road. πŸ™‚

16. June 3, 2015 at 6:36 am

I'm not to that point yet but I know it's on the horizon! My car doesn't go many places so I've only put 1500 miles on it in the past 7 months. πŸ™‚

Hope all goes well with your procedure! Scritches to Little Bit!

• June 3, 2015 at 2:48 pm

I don't drive much anymore either. I've an 2002 Mercedes and it has 25,000 miles on her. πŸ™‚

17. June 3, 2015 at 6:43 am

Oh, I am sorry to hear this! I think I know the procedure you are talking about. I helped take my Mom to one like that last week. Brutal! Good luck this week πŸ™‚

• June 3, 2015 at 2:49 pm

That's the one and I'm all done and back home. I've had a sandwich and a nice nap. πŸ™‚

18. June 3, 2015 at 8:34 am

Ugh you poor thing. My heart goes out to you. I was supposed to have my 5 year (already had what you are talking about) follow-up and I conveniently "forgot" it. Hope all goes well. The prep is the WORST! xoxo

• June 3, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Yes, the prep is the worst. πŸ™‚

19. June 3, 2015 at 8:41 am

This is a bugaboo for me. I hate doctors and dentists because it seems to me that the more you go, the more you need. I'm over 50, but I don't get the Hades reference. Gosh, maybe it's some other test I need to do to feed their ever-loving need for a mansion and a Mercedes. Yes, I'm a bit jaded about this subject.

• June 3, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Hades equals colonoscopy. πŸ™‚

• June 5, 2015 at 7:23 am

OK, I've been told I need one of those, too. I just didn't know the Hades reference. I'm still out of the loop πŸ˜‰

've always been out of the loop.

• June 5, 2015 at 8:01 am

The prep is the worst part of it. That's the Hades part. It's necessary, but a pain in the rear. Pun intended. πŸ™‚

20. June 3, 2015 at 8:56 am

Consultation with my doctor is purely need based on specific issues and not a regular one. My vehicle used for all purposes including occasional visit to doctor.

• June 3, 2015 at 2:50 pm

You're a healthy one then. Good for you. πŸ™‚

21. June 3, 2015 at 9:03 am

I see the dentist 2 times a year, the doc a few times also….grocery shopping more than I like, and the library and fabric stores a lot! Cheers and hugs!

• June 3, 2015 at 2:51 pm

And don't forget all your long weekend getaways and your trip to Mexico every year. πŸ™‚

22. June 3, 2015 at 10:47 am

I do have regular doctor visits, but I take public transit, as I don't have a car.

• June 3, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Public transit works. You save a lot of money that way. πŸ™‚

23. June 3, 2015 at 12:42 pm

For regular stuff and when pesky crap rolls in. By and large I prefer not too. Costs hubby's company too much. They are self insured.

• June 3, 2015 at 2:52 pm

And the older we get the more pesky crap rolls in. Oh joy. πŸ™‚

24. June 3, 2015 at 2:48 pm

I haven't been to a doctor in quite a while which doesn't mean that I don't need to go. You know how bad I am about making appointments for groomers right? I'm just as bad about making appointments for other things.

• June 3, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Well you'll get around to it when you feel like it and until then you won't. πŸ™‚

25. June 3, 2015 at 3:49 pm

Yes, I see my dentist and two doctors on a regular basis. There are times when it seems like I have more medical professionals on speed dial than friends.

• June 3, 2015 at 5:39 pm

Yep, I get this/ It's just what happens to some of us. πŸ™‚

26. June 3, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Too much of the time, yes.

• June 3, 2015 at 5:39 pm

Yep, way too much of the time. πŸ™‚

27. June 3, 2015 at 5:31 pm

My life is now to short to spend those long hours in the doctors office. The grocery store as well as the local liquor store is becoming more attractive.

• June 3, 2015 at 5:40 pm

Especially the liquor store. πŸ™‚

28. June 3, 2015 at 7:39 pm

Not yet for me, but this reminded me that I need to visit soon for my complete blood count follow up πŸ™‚

• June 4, 2015 at 6:25 am

You're very young Rocks so you'll get to have all this fun much later. πŸ™‚

29. June 4, 2015 at 9:18 am

I see the doctor once a year. I'm studying for the tests now. My truck is a work truck, so you never know where you might see it. c-)

• June 4, 2015 at 10:47 am

You can study for the test. How delightful. πŸ™‚

30. June 4, 2015 at 11:22 am

The doctor is once a year, unless someone is sick.

• June 4, 2015 at 11:29 am

I remember those days. Now it's all the tests that need doing whenever they need doing. Endless, but necessary. πŸ™‚