Wednesdays Question

It’s Wednesday so that means it’s question time. It’s time to ponder and then answer just one question. Okay, you can add all you want as a reason for your answer too. We’d all like that.

Here’s this weeks question: Today is hubby and my 15th wedding anniversary. Do you celebrate anniversaries (any special anniversary not just wedding anniversaries) or are they just another day?

Not really. We might go out to dinner, but we really don’t make a big deal of anniversaries. We always acknowledge them though. Sometimes it’s just an anniversary card. Since writing this post several days ago, hubby and I decided to have dinner at Bella Italia. It was wonderful.

64 comments for “Wednesdays Question

1. April 29, 2015 at 2:49 am

Happy Anniversay!! Bella Italia sounds very… bella!

I never celebrated my anniversary with husband #1. Too soon to tell with husband #2. hahahaha! We do like to go out to eat once in a while for no reason though. Does that count? ;D

I hope your day is extry special today! big hugs to you both! And I hope there's 2 glasses of champagne for each of you for a lovely toast to the next 15 years. Salute! xoxo

• April 29, 2015 at 9:57 am

I think that counts just fine. Bella Italia is very much bella. πŸ™‚

2. April 29, 2015 at 4:10 am

Happy anniversary!
    We don't make a big deal of it usually. Every ten years we take a big trip, but that will probably change as the kids grow up and move out. We'll go more often.

• April 29, 2015 at 9:57 am

You'll go much more after the kids are gone and why not. πŸ™‚

3. April 29, 2015 at 5:02 am

Sarge and I never did really. Maybe a dinner out. Roche' says he celebrates everything. And he does!

smiles, bee
    xoxo

• April 29, 2015 at 9:58 am

Well, you went on lots of cruises honey. Lots of them and first class cruises too. That counts. πŸ™‚

4. April 29, 2015 at 5:39 am

We've often decided to forego anniversary gifts in favor of taking a weekend trip somewhere, but we're buying a new house…so this year we're foregoing trips in favor of having a nicer place to live!

• April 29, 2015 at 9:58 am

Going somewhere is way better. I'd rather do that than gifts too. Excellent idea. πŸ™‚

5. April 29, 2015 at 5:42 am

I am the wrong one to ask about this and my husband hates that I am like this. He remembers EVERYTHING….he remembers the date we became engaged….I always forget how many years we have been married (it is the second marriage for both of us), but he always knows. Ironically, I DID remember that today is the anniversary of the day we met….have I told him yet? No lol. I know, I am awful! Have a great day! xoxo

• April 29, 2015 at 9:59 am

My husband is way better at remembering things than I am too. He reminds me ever so wonderfully. I'd forget my behind if it wasn't attached. πŸ™‚

6. April 29, 2015 at 5:45 am

Yes, anniversaries and birthdays are treated a little more special. A very happy #15 to you and Zane. I know every day is special to you as a couple because you both are very happy. Cheers to you both!

And big hugs times two, honey…

• April 29, 2015 at 10:00 am

Yes we are both very happy as you and Dick are. We're a couple of lucky gals indeed. πŸ™‚

7. April 29, 2015 at 6:01 am

Happy Anniversary to you both y- d-) w-)

Not really I hate a fuss I have always been like that really πŸ™

Have a tanfabulous day …cheers! :-h

• April 29, 2015 at 10:00 am

Making a big fuss really isn't necessary. It's what happens between the anniversaries that's the most important part. πŸ™‚

8. April 29, 2015 at 6:24 am

Happy anniversary! We didn't celebrate big time like many couples do. I got a lot of gifts and special dinners from my husband through out the year, he just didn't believe in having Hallmark dictate to him when he should buy them.

• April 29, 2015 at 10:01 am

Hubby is the same. He does nice things all year long. I like that as I'm sure you did too. πŸ™‚

9. April 29, 2015 at 6:33 am

Happy Anniversary to your both!!!

We went out to dinner, it was a special one of 20 years, It was a really nice Italian dinner with wine, very nice, but I had a surprise. My hubby does not usually go shopping, but this year he shocked my socks off with a beautiful diamond bracelet, it is really pretty.

I hope you enjoy your anniversary this week!
    Have a great day!
    Karren

• April 29, 2015 at 10:01 am

Happy 20th and your hubby did a good thing. I love this. πŸ™‚

10. April 29, 2015 at 6:47 am

Happy, Happy Anniversary you two kids.
    Mary Lou *& I celebrate our anniversary with cards and a dinner at our special Italian eatery called " Riccardo's ". After 40 years of marriage we know that we love each othe without some form of fanfare. After dinner we sit together and watch some TV and rest.
    Have a beautiful Wednesday Sandee & Zane. See ya.

• April 29, 2015 at 10:02 am

We're not kids Paul. It's our second time around. This time we got it right. Thank you my friend. πŸ™‚

11. April 29, 2015 at 7:22 am

We just celebrated our 25th last month- sometimes we give gifts, but usually we just have a nice dinner out and enjoy our time together every day!
    Happy Anniversary!

• April 29, 2015 at 10:02 am

Yes, we enjoy our time together everyday of the year too. I can tell you and Russell do the very same. πŸ™‚

12. April 29, 2015 at 7:27 am

Happy Anniversary!! We used to celebrate. We've pretty much stopped celebrating most holidays unless the kids are involved. I'm glad you had a nice dinner out. πŸ™‚

• April 29, 2015 at 10:03 am

We do tend to find it less important as we age. It's all good though. πŸ™‚

13. April 29, 2015 at 7:57 am

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a special day and enjoy your dinner out! I'm a romantic and an only child so everything is celebrated! πŸ™‚

Wishing you many more years of happiness together! Smooches to Little Bit!

• April 29, 2015 at 10:03 am

Being romantic is good. I know a gal in our yacht club that's that way. Very romantic. πŸ™‚

14. April 29, 2015 at 8:28 am

Happy anniversary! May your day be a special one.

We used to celebrate anniversaries more before 2001. We will celebrate our 33rd anniversary this September 10th. Nowadays, we acknowledge the day with a special dinner, but my husband is the kind of man that doesn't need a holiday to bring home a gift. He's very thoughtful all year round.

• April 29, 2015 at 10:04 am

I can see why the change came in 2001. Lots of things changed that September. πŸ™‚

15. April 29, 2015 at 9:08 am

We'll be celebrating our 41st anniversary, in about two weeks, in the motorhome, at a casino RV Part. c-)

• April 29, 2015 at 10:04 am

I know you love to park at the casino. Have a ball Odie. πŸ™‚

• April 29, 2015 at 10:14 am

Happy Anniversay to Sandee and Zane. Glad you had a good dinner. You all take good care and have a super day.

• April 29, 2015 at 10:40 am

Thanks Marg. We're happy all year with each other and sometimes we don't do anything except a card for our anniversary. This year we were hungry for Italian food so we went out. πŸ™‚

16. April 29, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Happy Anniversary. We don't do any big celebration. Normally we just give each other a card and maybe go out to dinner. It all depends on what day of the week it falls on

• April 29, 2015 at 3:56 pm

When you're working it sure does matter what day it falls on. πŸ™‚

17. April 29, 2015 at 2:03 pm

We don't make much of it. We are together each day and that's enough.

• April 29, 2015 at 3:56 pm

We are blessed to be together every day indeed. πŸ™‚

18. April 29, 2015 at 2:51 pm

CELEBRATION OF IMPORTANT DAYS IS GREAT! BUT IN TODAYS WORLD THERE ARE TOO MANY CELEBRATIONS OF TRIVIAL EVENTS.

• April 29, 2015 at 3:57 pm

We don't do much in the way of trivial around here. πŸ™‚

19. April 29, 2015 at 3:06 pm

Happy Anniversary! Hubby and I give gifts for birthdays, get something for the house for xmas and go somewhere for our anniversary. Sometime big like Samoa last year, and sometimes smaller like dinner and theatre.

• April 29, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Whatever works for you is great. We all settle into what's comfortable don't we. πŸ™‚

20. April 29, 2015 at 3:11 pm

Happy Anniversary πŸ™‚

• April 29, 2015 at 3:57 pm

Thank you very much. πŸ™‚

21. Jim
    April 29, 2015 at 3:52 pm

πŸ™‚ Happy Anniversary, Guys!! πŸ™‚
    Yes, we celebrate by going out to dinner like you do. Our favorite is Papadeaux's Seafood House. Good Cajun cooking there.

• April 29, 2015 at 3:58 pm

I love Cajun. A lot. We really don't have good Cajun here. πŸ™‚

22. April 29, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Happy Anniversary. My answer is close to yours. I'm single now, but my last boyfriend and my ex-husband played our anniversaries by ear. Sometimes we went out to dinner, or a movie, or just had a relaxing evening at home. But I do think it's important to revisit the years you've been together, so I'm glad you and "hubby" went out to dinner, and had a good time.

Have a spectacular day and evening my dear friend.

xoxoxo

• April 30, 2015 at 6:53 am

Thanks honey. We have a good time no matter what we're doing. πŸ™‚

23. April 29, 2015 at 5:32 pm

Congratulations on your 15th anniversary, Sandee. You two seem to be perfect for each other.

• April 30, 2015 at 6:53 am

We are perfect for each other. Always have been and always will be. πŸ™‚

24. April 29, 2015 at 6:52 pm

The only "anniversary" that came to mind is my parent's anniversary… My father died so long ago and he always treated her like a queen, especially on their anniversary. So I am always careful to make plans with her on their wedding anniversary.

• April 30, 2015 at 6:54 am

Awww, it's good to be treated like a queen. Your dad got it didn't he. πŸ™‚

25. April 29, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Happy Anniversary to you both. We celebrated our 15th last month. We are pretty low key about anniversaries and birthday except for Gracie's!

• April 30, 2015 at 6:54 am

Well, I kind of knew that. Gracie is the apple of both of your eyes. πŸ™‚

26. April 29, 2015 at 7:31 pm

go out for something special, but no mushy cards and no gifts. Every day is an anniversary

• April 29, 2015 at 7:32 pm

Oops! The "Maybe we'll" got cut out…

• April 30, 2015 at 6:55 am

Every day is an anniversary for us too. We're lucky gals. πŸ™‚

• April 30, 2015 at 6:56 am

I figured that out very quickly. Funny how you think you typed it but you didn't. πŸ™‚

27. April 29, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Yes, we celebrate our anniversary every year.
    We also have date nite almost every week w-) d-)

• April 30, 2015 at 6:56 am

Date nights are way cool. We do that too and for no other reason than we want to. πŸ™‚

28. April 29, 2015 at 9:16 pm

Happy Anniversary!! May both of you be blessed with good health to enjoy more happy anniversaries!

Now for your question, we make sure we acknowledge anniversaries specially our wedding but no grand celebration, we dine out, we watch movies sometimes and that's it πŸ™‚

• April 30, 2015 at 6:57 am

You two are still newlyweds too. It shows. πŸ™‚

29. April 30, 2015 at 4:50 am

Well, we did celebrate our 40th with an Alaska cruise. Typically it's dinner and a card. Number 41 is just a few days away.

• April 30, 2015 at 6:58 am

I remember that cruise. It was fabulous. You found your soul mate and so did she. πŸ™‚

30. May 3, 2015 at 11:17 pm

Michelle & I usually take ourselves away somewhere nice for the weekend nearest to our Anniversary date. Although I must add that she didn't buy me a present for Out The Bush's 1st comicversary

• May 4, 2015 at 9:59 am

Sounds like a great way to spend your anniversary. It's a shame she didn't buy you a present for Out The Bushs' 1st anniversary. πŸ™‚