Wednesdays Question

It’s Wednesday so that means it’s question time. It’s time to ponder and then answer just one question. Okay, you can add all you want as a reason for your answer too. We’d all like that.

So here’s this weeks question: Texting and driving is deadly. Do you text and drive?

When I was working I spent my time driving from one meeting to the next with my phone in my ear. That was bad enough. I don’t even have a cell phone now. Hubby does, but disconnected the text feature because of all the ads we were paying for. I have never text in my life. I find the current cells phone a huge distraction. Don’t people talk to each other anymore?

52 comments for “Wednesdays Question

January 14, 2015 at 3:02 am

no, I don't text and drive but I do occasionally talk and drive. My car has the feature where I can do it all through the car. The controls for the phone are on the steering wheel. If I want to make a call all I have to do is push a button on the steering wheel and then say "call and the name of the person I want to call"

• January 15, 2015 at 11:26 am

Talking and driving is way better than texting and driving. πŸ™‚

2. January 14, 2015 at 4:27 am

Nope. Sure don't. I don't even like hands free talking on the phone.

Although I do love texting. It definitely has its place for me. Me and the sisterdears (and other family and friends) use it quite a lot.

big hugs xoxo

• January 15, 2015 at 11:27 am

Yep, what's so important that you have to text while driving? Really. πŸ™‚

3. January 14, 2015 at 4:45 am

Not me.
    Although I find it amazing how many different things people believe that they can do while driving. Multi-tasking, while behind the wheel, is NEVER a good idea regardless of what the second task is. Just sayin'.

• January 15, 2015 at 11:27 am

I agree with you. Driving should be the only thing you're doing. To dangerous. πŸ™‚

4. LAC
    January 14, 2015 at 5:18 am

Guilty. But only a handful of times and all while at stoplights. Never on the highway and NEVER when my daughter is in the car.

• January 15, 2015 at 11:28 am

Stoplights are one thing. Unless you didn't see the light change and there is a ton of traffic waiting for you to turn. That happened to me yesterday. Bless her heart. πŸ™‚

5. January 14, 2015 at 5:35 am

Never. Why risk your and others life?
    Have a great day!

• January 15, 2015 at 11:28 am

Exactly. This is spot on. πŸ™‚

6. January 14, 2015 at 5:53 am

Texting! What the heck is texting? Is it like sexing? Ha,ha,ha. Really I don't even have cell phone but driving, yes, in my bumble bee Camero as you well know. What is texting? Have a wonderful Wednesday Sandee. See ya.

Cruisin' Paul

• January 15, 2015 at 11:29 am

No it's not like sexing Paul. It's typing a message to someone on your phone. πŸ™‚

7. January 14, 2015 at 6:24 am

well chuck would tell you i did once but in fairness i was at a red light and roche' was begging me. he says to tell you he is still sick and wants more soup and pizza and some cokes and potato chips. he says he is no better today and for me to bring him all this to bed. and ice cream later. i think he might be milking this little illness of his but i'll let it slide.

smiles, bee
    xoxo

• January 15, 2015 at 11:30 am

Roche is milking this more than a little bit. He's just like his father Seymour. πŸ™‚

8. January 14, 2015 at 6:26 am

I don't text and drive. We saw a semi-truck swerving in Michigan…on and off the road bad. We thought he was falling asleep. Hubby finally got up to pass him and he was texting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In a semi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going on and off the road!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I'm done with the exclamation points now. πŸ™‚

• January 15, 2015 at 11:30 am

We saw that last week while heading to the boat. Frightening. πŸ™‚

9. January 14, 2015 at 7:17 am

I only text if I have to…and most of my texts are arranging to meet someone somewhere! My texts come up on my MacBook, so I actually prefer to text by computer rather than phone. It's SO much easier than typing on those tiny keyboards.

• January 15, 2015 at 11:31 am

Those are tiny keyboards, but people seem to manage just fine. πŸ™‚

10. January 14, 2015 at 7:23 am

Never. I won't talk on the phone either. I can barely hit those little keys when I'm fully engaged in texting in the kitchen or in a parking lot.

• January 15, 2015 at 11:31 am

I'm not a phone person at all anymore either. Spend my working life on the phone. πŸ™‚

11. January 14, 2015 at 7:59 am

The only reason I even have a cell is because 3 of my granddaughters do. Two of them text me daily, one several times a day, which I love. She is only 8, yes with a cell phone. Oh well. If it wasn't for that I would never text at all.

• January 15, 2015 at 11:31 am

What a great way to stay in touch with your precious little ones. πŸ™‚

12. January 14, 2015 at 8:01 am

I can't even drive and chew gum.

• January 15, 2015 at 11:32 am

Is this you talking or Mrs. C? Just asking. πŸ™‚

13. January 14, 2015 at 9:00 am

That's a great question, Sandee!
    `Don't people talk to each other anymore?`

What really gets me is when people, even couples, go to a restaurant and one, or both, stay on their cell phones the whole time.

• January 15, 2015 at 11:33 am

We went out to dinner with our family several weeks back and there was a man with his wife and daughter at a nearby table and he spent the entire time with a fork in one hand and his phone in the other. The entire time. πŸ™‚

14. January 14, 2015 at 10:24 am

I ignore my cell phone when I'm driving.
    The best of it is it drives others nuts that I don't respond.

• January 15, 2015 at 11:33 am

I like the way to think Skip. I hadn't thought about driving other folks nuts. πŸ™‚

15. January 14, 2015 at 10:26 am

No, i will not text and drive. If a call comes in, and i have to, i will grab it and tell the person i'm driving, i'll call you back. So often i'll see someone driving horribly and think, i'll bet s/he is texting, and i'm right every time. It's scary.

• January 15, 2015 at 11:34 am

It is scary. People think they can do this just fine and many of those same folks are no longer with us. Especially the young. πŸ™‚

16. January 14, 2015 at 10:42 am

I can't even text and walk so I'd never attempt to drive while texting! It's illegal in our state but people still do it though. Cell phone calls come through my car so I don't have to touch my phone while driving.

Have a happy day Sandee! Scritches to Little Bit!

• January 15, 2015 at 11:35 am

It's illegal here too, but people do it anyway. It's California. No one cares if something is illegal anymore. πŸ™‚

17. January 14, 2015 at 11:07 am

Dear Sandy, Never!!!
    I agree; I too have trouble texting and walking! lol
    Blessings, Catherine

• January 15, 2015 at 11:35 am

It's just so dangerous. So very dangerous. πŸ™‚

18. January 14, 2015 at 11:10 am

No. It's against the law here. They have a distracted driver law. that coveres anything from drinking a coffee (guilty) to texting (not guilty)

• January 15, 2015 at 11:36 am

Good for you honey. The coffee I've done many times and it's not illegal to do so here. I've seen drivers reading, applying makeup. Oh the list goes on and on. πŸ™‚

19. January 14, 2015 at 11:37 am

Thank you for this question!!!!
    1. I have never texted- and won't. Period!
    2. Did not have a cell phone until we moved and then I went to Verizon and got my old Oregon phone number transferred to a basic flip phone that I have blocked from texts.
    I kept the old number to make life easier for all our friends and family since I had had that number since 1978!
    3. I do not use my phone at all while driving. I pull over if convenient or let it go to vice mail.
    4. I do not have to be always "available".
    5. WE received a letter- a real letter from one of our nephews and it was so great! I am going to take a page from his "book" and start writing letters…real letters. That is my New Years resolution! Cheers!

• January 14, 2015 at 11:38 am

oh hahah I meant Voice mail not "vice"mail!

• January 15, 2015 at 11:37 am

Hubby writes letters too. He loves it and people love getting those letters. It's something that is becoming obsolete. It's a shame too. πŸ™‚

• January 15, 2015 at 11:40 am

I knew you meant voice mail. I really did. What is vice mail. Is it naughty. πŸ™‚

20. January 14, 2015 at 2:29 pm

In Denmark we have a law aginst using the cell phone while driving. So we don't touch the phone in the car. It might be too expensive.

• January 15, 2015 at 11:37 am

It's expensive to do that here too as well as illegal. There aren't enough cops to enforce all the laws we have. πŸ™‚

21. January 14, 2015 at 5:28 pm

Not only do I not text and drive… I turn OFF my phone in the car. You would think I was 90 years old. But I try so hard to be an example to my driving and soon to be driving kids. We can always point out the people who are texting and driving… I pray my kids never start. When the lady hit me from behind two years ago I had to answer tons of questions while being recorded by the insurance company. The first question… were you on a cell phone. I was so happy I was able to say NOPE!

• January 15, 2015 at 11:38 am

You are a smart woman Katherine. πŸ™‚

22. January 14, 2015 at 6:26 pm

I can barely text while sitting down, and rarely text at all. Besides phones, cars have way too many distraction gadgets built in these days.

• January 15, 2015 at 11:38 am

I've never text ever. Don't intend to either. I'd rather talk to someone in person. πŸ™‚

23. January 15, 2015 at 1:44 am

I don't drive but It makes me so angry seeing drivers texting while driving these people never get it until something happens

Have a good day Sandee sorry I'm late :-h

• January 15, 2015 at 11:39 am

Many people have died texting. It's the leading cause of death with our youth in the USA. πŸ™‚

24. January 15, 2015 at 7:13 am

No, I never text and drive. I don't even like to answer my phone and will only do so if I'm stopped at a light or have pulled over.

• January 15, 2015 at 11:40 am

If hubby is driving along he pulls over to answer the cellphone. If I'm with him and he's driving I answer the cellphone. Works for us. πŸ™‚

25. January 16, 2015 at 2:52 am

Never. I won't talk on the phone, text, or read a text while I am driving. It's illegal here now, but I didn't do it before the new law came into effect either.

• January 16, 2015 at 8:21 am

It's illegal here too, but everyone does it. This is California. For the most part people don't care about laws. πŸ™‚