Wednesdays Question

It’s Wednesday so that means it’s question time. It’s time to ponder and then answer just one question. Okay, you can add all you want as a reason for your answer too. We’d all like that.

So here’s this weeks question: Is it easy for you to fall asleep and stay asleep all night?

Now that I’m retired I don’t have any problem falling asleep and staying asleep for a good 8 hours. When I was still working and doing lots of shift work I had a hard time. My body clock just never seemed to work right. I could be exhausted after working graveyard and only sleep for a few hours. When it was time to shower and go back to work the next night I was ready to sleep. Retirement rocks.

55 comments for “Wednesdays Question

1. January 7, 2015 at 1:19 am

Yes and No. I can fall asleep quickly, but I am usually up every 3 hours.

• January 7, 2015 at 10:33 am

I've had so many nights like this but that was when I was working. πŸ™‚

2. January 7, 2015 at 1:20 am

I sit down in my recliner in front of the TV after supper and no matter HOW MUCH I may want to watch something I guarendamntee you I will be asleep in 5 minutes.

I will usually sleep 7-8 hours but my bladder will wake me in 6… every time.

big hugs xoxo

• January 7, 2015 at 10:34 am

Yep, the bladder plays a big part in sleeping. πŸ™‚

January 7, 2015 at 2:21 am

When I first go to bed I fall asleep real easy but lately I wake up numerous times during the night and always have a hard time falling back to sleep

• January 7, 2015 at 10:34 am

You work too hard. πŸ™‚

4. January 7, 2015 at 2:33 am

Funny you should ask….it's 5:30 and I've been up an hour because I got up to pee and couldn't fall back asleep. Sleep is something I struggle with, both staying asleep and falling asleep.

• January 7, 2015 at 10:35 am

I still do this. If I wake up to late in the morning then I can't go back to sleep. Doesn't happen often thank goodness. πŸ™‚

5. January 7, 2015 at 3:01 am

I get to sleep quick and before married, always slept all through the night. Since marriage, my hubby wakes me up when he bounces the bed getting up or turning over, taking my covers and the cat comes to join me so have to pet her then. The good thing is, I get back to sleep quickly. Sweet dreams!

• January 7, 2015 at 10:35 am

Sounds like your husband is a real joy at night. Scritches to the babies. πŸ™‚

6. January 7, 2015 at 4:15 am

I have no trouble falling asleep. I've gotten better about staying asleep. However, regardless of how late I am up, I will always wake up between 5:30 and 6:30. I hate not being able to sleep in.

• January 7, 2015 at 10:36 am

I did that while I was working. Well if I was working day shift. My clock was set on 6am. πŸ™‚

7. January 7, 2015 at 5:28 am

I fall asleep right away and my bladder gets me up a couple of times during the night but I usually go right back to sleep. Sandee, you have a great day. Smoke and Joe came home last night.

• January 7, 2015 at 10:36 am

I get up at night too, but go right back to sleep. I'm glad Smoke and Joe are home. πŸ™‚

8. January 7, 2015 at 5:37 am

I'm out within five minuets of hitting the pillow. My family laughs at me, but whatevs. πŸ™‚

• January 7, 2015 at 10:37 am

I'm out pretty quick too. πŸ™‚

9. January 7, 2015 at 5:47 am

Fall asleep yes. Stay asleep no. I don't get up per se but I know I am waking up a bunch

• January 7, 2015 at 10:37 am

Restless sleeping. I hate that. πŸ™‚

10. January 7, 2015 at 5:48 am

It takes me some time to eventually fall asleep. Due to my prostrate problem, up at least 3 or 4 time in the night but here I'm able to quickly fall back to sleep. The best sleep I get is when I'm on my cruise. It must be the rocking of the water because I never have any problem falling asleep. I guess that means I'll be sleeping well in two weeks. Cruise time.
    See ya. Have a great Wednesday Sandee.

Cruisin' Paul

• January 7, 2015 at 10:38 am

Yes, you'll be sleeping like a baby in a couple of weeks. πŸ™‚

11. January 7, 2015 at 6:39 am

When I do fall asleep, I wake up several times a night to go tinkle. I have suffered from insomnia for a long time now. If I get in 5 hours, that is a full night for me.

• January 7, 2015 at 10:39 am

I think I had insomnia when I worked the graveyard shift. πŸ™‚

12. January 7, 2015 at 9:30 am

Mom has to say yes to both. It's always been that way for her and remains; though, she is retired as well. For us kitties, not as hard if we stay on Dad's side of the bed. He can sleep for ten hours straight…no problem. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

• January 7, 2015 at 10:40 am

Dad can sleep for 10 hours. I'm impressed. πŸ˜‰

13. January 7, 2015 at 9:52 am

As Russell says " One can never retire too early" We are busier than ever…don't know how we would fit in work! As for sleeping….I am alight sleeper and once awake find it hard to go back to sleep after 6am….I get about 6-8 hours…but never feel sleepy until we watch tv at night…then it can be lights out for me! Cheers!

• January 7, 2015 at 10:41 am

We are busier than ever too. I'm about the same as you concerning the 6am thing. πŸ™‚

14. January 7, 2015 at 10:14 am

I was like you when I used to do night shift Sandee, just couldn't sleep much during the day. 'Cos I get up at 4:30am each weekday for work now since being on morning shift I get to sleep fairly easily. I often wake up during the night though to go to the loo then have trouble going back to sleep

• January 7, 2015 at 10:41 am

Looks like we took to the night shift about the same. Awful time trying to get enough sleep. πŸ™‚

15. January 7, 2015 at 10:32 am

Willie don't sleep very well. Willy bought fitbit exercise bracelet to measure sleep..Willy discovered with bracelet that he don't sleep very good and also that he is a lazy butt. ..It is amazing what you can find out by spending $100.

• January 7, 2015 at 10:42 am

A bracelet that lets you know you're a lazy butt. I'm one too. Good to see a comment from you Willy. It's been a long time. πŸ™‚

16. January 7, 2015 at 11:12 am

Usually fall asleep quickly. Usually get up once to potty. Made it all thru the night in my younger days. Liked that much better!

Happy hump day. Big hugs, honey…

• January 7, 2015 at 11:20 am

I could make it all though the night in my younger days too. Getting old has a lot of pluses but it has a few minuses too. Love you sweetie. πŸ™‚

17. January 7, 2015 at 11:45 am

It's always easy for me to fall asleep when i first go to bed, and i usually fall right back to sleep after my one trip to the loo in the middle of the night. However, if you wake me up but good, it will take me a long time to get back to sleep.

• January 7, 2015 at 12:05 pm

Pretty much how it is with me. Thank goodness I've not been woke up but good lately. πŸ™‚

18. January 7, 2015 at 12:50 pm

I fall asleep easily, but often wake up several times in the middle of the night. I don't waste time trying to get back to sleep when it happens, so I watch TV, read or write until I get drowsy again. Unfortunately, when my husband wakes up early most mornings, I'm usually so sleep-deprived that I need an intravenous coffee drip to wake up. He's always been a deeper sleeper… I tease him about falling asleep standing up.

• January 7, 2015 at 4:30 pm

I used to do that when I was still working. Haven't done it since I retired. I sleep so much better. Hubby can sleep standing up too. πŸ™‚

19. January 7, 2015 at 2:09 pm

Again, yes and no. I fall asleep pretty quickly, but I don't often stay asleep all night. It is not unusual for me to wake up a couple of times between 4 and 6 a.m. Anytime I wake up after 5:30, I might as well get out of bed and start my day. I can always take an early afternoon nap. Retirement is great that way. 5-p

• January 7, 2015 at 4:30 pm

My magic time is 6. I just get up and start my day. πŸ™‚

20. January 7, 2015 at 2:46 pm

I fall asleep quickly because I'm so tired but I never sleep through the night usually because of a floofy white cat. Lately she wants under the covers so licks my face for me to lift them up – this happens several times a night. Good thing she's cute! Once awake I think of everything I need to do so can't fall back to sleep until soon before the alarm goes off at 5am.

Hope you're enjoying sunshine Sandee! We're socked in with thick fog. πŸ™ Scritches to Little Bit!

• January 7, 2015 at 4:32 pm

Angel is adorable and then some. I wouldn't get mad at her either. She's momma's girl indeed.

Today was warm. It was lovely. πŸ™‚

21. January 7, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Most nights hubby says I fall asleep within 5 minutes.
    Then I usually stay asleep, not liking to get up when the alarm goes off.

• January 8, 2015 at 10:37 am

I hated the alarm too. I think all of us should be allowed to sleep as long as we need to sleep. πŸ™‚

22. January 7, 2015 at 5:15 pm

I do now. Used to have major sleeping issues. I take something to help me sleep and stay asleep.

• January 8, 2015 at 10:38 am

I know you have issues honey. Yes I do. You do pretty well though from time to time. πŸ™‚

23. Jim
    January 7, 2015 at 6:19 pm

Nice question, Sandee. h-( I very seldom sleep a whole eight hours without waking up. When I do I always can use the bathroom too. That way I might sleep until eight or later (midnight, plus or minus, is my bedtime).
    My wake up time is usually four or five hours, sometimes it is only after three hours sleep. I have no idea what wakes me up. I don't mind it. Sleep tight tonight. πŸ˜€

• January 8, 2015 at 10:38 am

I used to do this too Jim. I sure sleep good now though. πŸ™‚

24. January 7, 2015 at 6:35 pm

I always wake up a number of times every night, though I usually get back to sleep reasonably fast.

• January 8, 2015 at 10:38 am

That's the ticket Binky. Getting back to sleep reasonably fast rocks. πŸ™‚

25. January 7, 2015 at 7:20 pm

That is an interesting question. I have of course had many nights where I could not turn off my brain… stressful times of my life. But that goes for anybody you ask. Generally, I sleep really well because I work so hard all day and then go to the gym. Gym nights are major snooze nights. Woo hoo!

• January 8, 2015 at 10:39 am

Exercise is key in better sleeping. I'd forgotten that until right now. πŸ™‚

26. January 8, 2015 at 2:55 am

It's not easy for me to get to sleep but once I am I usually sleep through but then again it's usually because i am still awake so late.

Have a dreamtastic day Sandee :-h

• January 8, 2015 at 10:39 am

You are a night owl then. Good for you. πŸ™‚

27. January 8, 2015 at 11:54 pm

It's quite hard for me to fall asleep but when I do-it's harder for me to wake up..haha!

• January 9, 2015 at 9:02 am

I know you have trouble getting up in the mornings. πŸ™‚

28. MNL
    March 10, 2018 at 7:25 pm

i have an insomnia problem so getting to sleep is hard — once I go to sleep, I sleep pretty good.